• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Tool [Patcher] Terraria Tweaker 2 | SUPERCHARGE YOUR TERRARIA! (1.4 compatible!)

pigman065

Skeletron
@Gaelyte for the Lava Charm recipe, do I just chuck Example.cs and the other file in the plugins folder then enable them? Or is there something else I need to do?

pigman065

Skeletron
Thanks!
EDIT: I was worried that I would have to do something with it (I hate C#, C and C++ -they're overcomplicated) other than adjusting the variables (which is easy) because the test plugin button was throwing errors about how the 'namespace Gaelyte was not found' or something. The HelperPlugins was fine when it passed through the Test Plugins function.

Last edited:

Gaelyte

Terrarian
Thanks!
EDIT: I was worried that I would have to do something with it (I hate C#, C and C++ -they're overcomplicated) other than adjusting the variables (which is easy) because the test plugin button was throwing errors about how the 'namespace Gaelyte was not found' or something. The HelperPlugins was fine when it passed through the Test Plugins function.
Yeah, test button is a bit broken, but creating an object then calling some functions on it shouldn't be a real problem
(Btw, for the debug, I prefer using visual studio over Terraria Tweaker native edit code)

Proxiehunter

Terrarian
If you wanted to add recipes in game, well, I could do that with another plugin, but it would require more work and I would like the Plugin browser to be out before so it wouldn't be lost in this thread.
I understand @TiberiumFusion's reluctance to put together a browser or similar until they figure out a way to ensure the plugins are safe for users. But, if they don't have any objections I could later tonight probably bang together a free wiki of some sort to act as an unofficial repository. I will not do so without the explicit permission of @TiberiumFusion though.

I would include a very prominent disclaimer that "This wiki is unofficial and is not affiliated with TiberiumFusion or Terraria Tweaker. The nature of these plugins can risk your computer being exposed to malware if the plugin was written by a person with malicious intent. The owner of this wiki has no means of screening these files and installing them is done at your own risk."

I am going to be busy for the next few hours, if TiberiumFusion grants permission to do this during that time frame then someone else is free to beat me to this. I want to see more plugins available and I think the risk of them being lost in the thread is likely preventing some people from bothering until there's somewhere to put them so people can be made aware of their existence.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Oh and also, tests no longer works for some reasons, "System.Attribute is defined in a non referenced assembly, I must add a reference to System.RunTime"
(Of course I use neither of both)
You code uses an Attribute of some type in some way, or else the error would not appear.
If are certain that your code has no uses of Attribute or its inheritors, and you can reliably reproduce the issue with exact code, you must share your code in order for me to diagnose the issue.
Additionally, ensure that you have a typical .NET 4.5 install (i.e. no prelease, preview, or initial rtm releases) and make sure that you haven't misconfigured the framework or msbuild. Also, try the .NET Framework Repair Tool (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2698555).

Also another frequent bug : sometimes when a plugin is modified, a plugin (may be the same, may be another) stops being compiled when tweaking, you have to disable it, save then re enable it to make it work again

Also plugins tends to disappear when edited externally, you need to restart Terraria Tweaker to make them visible again
Your disk and/or its drivers may have some kind of oddity that interferes with the file watchers. If you can reliably reproduce the issue under exact conditions, please start a conversation with me (using the forums Conversations feature) to explore the issue.

Does the biome spread tweak work on latest version multiplayer if just the host uses it? Or do all players need it running?
In short, no. The Terraria server manages biome spread in multiplayer games.

I understand @TiberiumFusion's reluctance to put together a browser or similar until they figure out a way to ensure the plugins are safe for users. But, if they don't have any objections I could later tonight probably bang together a free wiki of some sort to act as an unofficial repository. I will not do so without the explicit permission of @TiberiumFusion though.

I would include a very prominent disclaimer that "This wiki is unofficial and is not affiliated with TiberiumFusion or Terraria Tweaker. The nature of these plugins can risk your computer being exposed to malware if the plugin was written by a person with malicious intent. The owner of this wiki has no means of screening these files and installing them is done at your own risk."

I am going to be busy for the next few hours, if TiberiumFusion grants permission to do this during that time frame then someone else is free to beat me to this. I want to see more plugins available and I think the risk of them being lost in the thread is likely preventing some people from bothering until there's somewhere to put them so people can be made aware of their existence.
I'm fine with this.

Last edited:

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Terraria Tweaker version 2.3.1405.1 is live
This is a (very) minor update that adds some missing NPCs to the Darwin Tool and improves some wording regarding plugins.

Introductory video tutorials for TTPlugins are now available!
If you're interested in writing plugins and want a complete walkthrough on how to write a basic plugin, check out the new tutorial videos. You can find them on the TTPlugins wiki.

pigman065

Skeletron
so i'm trying to make an armour stats modifier plugin...
but how do i know where to patch? is there a way to see the contents of Terraria.exe?

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
We might want a single post that links to all created plugins.
Depending on how popular the plugin system is, I would like to create some kind of central hub for posting and downloading plugins. I will be drafting ideas for a simple, pastebin-like plugin sharing service, but in the meantime, I believe @Proxiehunter may be creating a unofficial wiki or wikia of sorts to collect links and files.

Mail

Terrarian
so i'm trying to make an armor stats modifier plugin...
Here is a plugin that makes it so 1 point of defense = 1% damage reduction. It multiplies together for additional points of defense so 100 armor = you take about 37% damage.
I added code for NPCs as well, but it is disabled by default.

The formulas disregard expert and master mode. Defense gives % damage deduction with this plugin so defense prevents more damage in modes that deal more damage.

Attachments

Nancok

Skeletron Prime
And here it is, you only need to use NewRecipe class in this file (and enable this plugin).

I don't know how to explain how it works as it seems pretty obvious to me so I'll simply give an example of how a recipe could be added with it (it's Pisman065's Lava Charm recipe, requiring an anvil and some lava).

If you wanted to add recipes in game, well, I could do that with another plugin, but it would require more work and I would like the Plugin browser to be out before so it wouldn't be lost in this thread.
One question, is there any way to add a recipee where you can use an ingredients counterpart as well? as in, using either iron or lead for a recipee

pigman065

Skeletron
Here is a plugin that makes it so 1 point of defense = 1% damage reduction. It multiplies together for additional points of defense so 100 armor = you take about 37% damage.
I added code for NPCs as well, but it is disabled by default.

The formulas disregard expert and master mode. Defense gives % damage deduction with this plugin so defense prevents more damage in modes that deal more damage.
Nice, though not quite what I'm trying to make.
One question, is there any way to add a recipee where you can use an ingredients counterpart as well? as in, using either iron or lead for a recipee
As far as I know, there are a few 'recipe groups'. Any Iron Bars is one of them. Try adding AnyIronBar to your recipe.
EDIT: After wrestling with ILSpy's crazy download method (and then finally copy-pasting to fake ILSpy.sln) I finally got it to work. I looked for Terraria.IDs as that was referred to in the code. I found a long list of IDs. I have no idea where to look to see the actual item stats.

Last edited:

Gaelyte

Terrarian
Of course, look at my code, there's a function called AddAnyIron for iron. There's one for all natural "any" : wood, iron, fragments, sand and pressure plate

Last edited:
Top Bottom