THIS THREAD IS RETIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
"won't work"
You will have to be more descriptive than that. Many reported issues tend to be symptoms of the larger 1.4.1 voodoo problem and are not actual patching failures.
[/QUOTE]
They say that they failed to load successfully.

ahem, iam having a problem with terrariatweaker 2, everytime it tries to start terraria, it redirects me to the terraria steam page. i suppose that this is to combat crackers, but i already bought the game! and when i launch the game manually it works just fine. does it need some sort of manual license or, why is it doing this?

EDIT: i have had the cracked version of the game before i bought it, so i suppose that can be the problem?

Hey tiberium i was trying the tweaker for non steam terraria 1.4.1.1 could u please tell me how to do it because i got error message it said error to load game code 0x0000001 and force close the game..could you please tell me how to fix it???

One more thing .. in the tweaker there is a menu it said run for non steam terraria and i've switched it..but still got the same problem.

Hey tiberium i was trying the tweaker for non steam terraria 1.4.1.1 could u please tell me how to do it because i got error message it said error to load game code 0x0000001 and force close the game..could you please tell me how to fix it???

One more thing .. in the tweaker there is a menu it said run for non steam terraria and i've switched it..but still got the same problem.

non steam terraria? where exactly is that checkbox located? thi might solve my problem iam having

I wonder if this "Code VooDoo" is the reason TModLoader hasn't updated yet. Has ReLogic soft banned mods?? Does Redigit hate mods? Why??

I wonder if this "Code VooDoo" is the reason TModLoader hasn't updated yet. Has ReLogic soft banned mods?? Does Redigit hate mods? Why??
I don't think the problems are as bad as you think. TModLoader has to deal with things like the bestiary and Journey mode which greatly increases the complexity of adding enemies or items. They need to design additional API functions to support modding new game features.

The audio problems that happened before the last hotfix were also a problem for Stardew Valley. Any dev studio without a large QA department testing on a wide range of hardware could have easily missed the issue. It is a good example where accusing Relogic of malice or incompetence isn't appropriate. I wouldn't be able to make any accusations in good faith due to the small size of their QA team.

Some of the problematic code is intended to speed up load times and probably does on whatever system configurations Relogic is testing on. Though risky, these changes were done with good intentions.

If the crashes had been more common, Relogic would have fixed them. We are in an awkward middle ground where the problems are too rare for an official fix, but to frequent for modders to ignore. The best way to get the problems fixed would be to provide a test configuration that always crashes without mods and report the bug. It would be more appropriate to complain about the devs' behavior if we had provided them with a useful bug report.

I have had almost no issues with the small number of plugins I am using. I've been sticking to TT2 2.3.1405.1 since I don't use the built in tweaks. If I try to make some low level patches I may be forced to find a solution for the stability issues, but I can't say for sure if or when that will happen.

The tweaker has still been working rather well on my end, barring the instability coming from Terraria itself. Hopefully the code issues get fixed at some point. (I've even had the base game fail to launch a few times, so I know that it's not the tweaker. Hahaha!)

I just wanted to mention a trivial detail that was seemingly missed where the Permanent Buffs tweak will display buff ID 59 as being Shadow Dodge. This was the Titanium Armor's effect prior to 1.4.0.1, but because the effect was moved to Hallowed Armor, it has a new icon and was renamed to Holy Protection. It's extremely minor as the buff's functionality has remained the exact same.

Additionally, since permanently giving yourself Shadow Dodge / Holy Protection would just make you invulnerable, any user searching for such an effect would have probably just used the existing Invulnerability tweak instead, making this even easier to forget about. :D
Overall, it's just a very small thing you could fix if the code ever gets adjusted to become significantly more stable.

I'm still very fond of the tweak that eliminates biome spreading to this day. Being able to take as much time as I want in hardmode makes it less stressful. Thank you for all the work you've put into the tweaker!

I made a plugin that removes the duration for all buffs that can be removed by right clicking and prevents you from losing them when you die.
It also makes honey, panic, and rapidhealing save in the player savefile so the buffs are not removed when restarting the game.
You can easily modify it to only change specific buffs.

To make a buff have no time limit, set BuffID.Sets.TimeLeftDoesNotDecrease[BuffID.<your_buff_id>] to true.
To prevent the game from showing a buff's duration set Main.buffNoTimeDisplay[BuffID.<your_buff_id>] to true.
To allow a buff to be saved in your player's savefile set Main.buffNoSave[BuffID.<your_buff_id>] to false.
To prevent a buff from being removed when you die set Main.persistentBuff[BuffID.<your_buff_id>] to true.

Attachments

• PersistentBuffs.cs
    2.4 KB · Views: 216
see this error always pop up...
how to fix it???

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    656.5 KB · Views: 137
Well some tweaks were the cause for some errors...when i used superpower and power scale it caused that message i supposed..but the rest of the tweaks are good to go..last night i was trying the tweaker and i tried to activate some tweaks and the game started properly..when i activated superpower and power scale it caused errors to the game so i tried another tweaks then the game run without error..

Oh and 1 info the tweak that says "Fix red's wing" didn't give any effect tho...
Now i can rest my day after i realized which one cause the error message..lol:D

Hi guys
I have just installed this mod and tried to tweak respawn times (literally the only tweak). found it, ran it. launch active tweak list and i get "load failed!" run vanilla - no problems. run the tweaked version without a single tweak added - "load failed!"
I am really hating the respawn time, can anyone help?

that's all there is... there are no error messages, it just fails to load my save but i can still load it in vanilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom