• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Tool [Patcher] Terraria Tweaker 2 | SUPERCHARGE YOUR TERRARIA! (1.4 compatible!)

Pigman Δ

Retinazer
No, it cannot.
Well, technically, it will in some scenarios, but it is not officially compatible, so anything could happen if you tried it.
I'd recommend not trying it in the first place.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Hello! Can Terraria Tweaker 2 be used with Tmodloader? I mean the Tmodloader application that you download from steam.
As stated in the OP, Terraria Tweaker 2 is intended for use with the official Steam release of vanilla Terraria only. Some of TT2's patches may work with tModLoader, but any compatibility is purely coincidental and there are absolutely no guarantees of performance. However, nothing is stopping you from trying it with tModLoader, so feel free to experiment. I know a few people who have had good luck with running TT2 on top of 10-20 tml mods.
Of course, if you do try this, you must download the version of TT2 that is for Terraria 1.3.5.3 (which is not the latest version).

Mail

Terrarian
I noticed that if I use the include statement: "using ReLogic.Graphics;" or "using ReLogic.Threading;" the mod will compile, but the Security Level Compliance will not compile. When this happens, it treats security level compliance as level 4. I think it should have a bright red warning instead of being grayed out on a failed security test compile. It took me a while to notice this was happening.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
I noticed that if I use the include statement: "using ReLogic.Graphics;" or "using ReLogic.Threading;" the mod will compile, but the Security Level Compliance will not compile. When this happens, it treats security level compliance as level 4. I think it should have a bright red warning instead of being grayed out on a failed security test compile. It took me a while to notice this was happening.
Thanks for the report. This will be fixed in the next update.

Gaelyte

Terrarian
You modify the Terraria.exe to your patch are always applied when you launch the game even from Steam and you no longer need to use Terraria Tweaker.
You'll need to delete the Terraria.exe if you no longer want to use the patches though

Pigman Δ

Retinazer
You modify the Terraria.exe to your patch are always applied when you launch the game even from Steam and you no longer need to use Terraria Tweaker.
You'll need to delete the Terraria.exe if you no longer want to use the patches though
Can't you just verify game file integrity?

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
What exactly is "Permanently-PatchedTerraria Assembly"?
Terraria Tweaker 2 patches a temporary copy of Terraria.exe when you use any one of your Tweak Lists to perform a Tweaked Launch. This temporary copy is deleted when you close Terraria and the original Terraria.exe is restored. This has many benefits, including insurance against double-patching, improving compatibility with other patchers, and less user headache in managing your patches. However, this may be undesirable in some situations, so you can permanently patch Terraria.exe to get a patched assembly that wont be automatically deleted. Keep in mind that many of the newer and advanced features in TT2 do not work with permanently-patched assemblies.

Phoenix-Mask

Terrarian
Thanks for the answer. Might be needing this because the game seems to get a bit laggy while the tweaker is open since i have several things running. Would it be possible to allow the helmets that give of light in the social slots without giving stats? Though i could just light buffs

Blitztein

Terrarian
Thanks for the answer. Might be needing this because the game seems to get a bit laggy while the tweaker is open since i have several things running.
I don't think TT2 is much to blame for the lag, the patcher only gets to work by changing stuff in the Terraria assembly (the internal code itself) at launch. When Terraria is launched, the patcher just sits there, doing nothing. I think Terraria is to blame here (or try looking it up in task manager, there may be underlying processes that eat up your memory). It's just open to check if the game is closed (It only does something when it is, which is to replace Terraria back to its original slate)

Also, @Gaelyte, would you continue the recipe helper development? (Not that I was actively waiting for it, just curious)

Gaelyte

Terrarian
It's when the recipe is added, there's a graphical bug if I had a custom recipe because of this part of code
ItemSlot.Draw(spriteBatch, ref recipe[availableRecipe[focusRecipe]].requiredItem[num66], 22, new Vector2(num67, num68));
The recipe is set in a single-entry table while this call could be done and not make anything bug
ItemSlot.Draw(spriteBatch, recipe[availableRecipe[focusRecipe]].requiredItem, 22, num66, new Vector2(num67, num68));
But I don't find a way to do it in a clean way

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Thanks for the answer. Might be needing this because the game seems to get a bit laggy while the tweaker is open since i have several things running.
You can close Terraria Tweaker 2 after launching a Tweak List. The patching process and cleanup is handled by TTApplicator, the much smaller program that runs when you launch a Tweak List. While the TT2 gui is a little weighty for weaker hardware, TTApplicator's performance impact is virtually nil. You can additionally bypass TT2 entirely by clicking the arrow icon on a Tweak List to create a quick launch desktop shortcut.
Would it be possible to allow the helmets that give of light in the social slots without giving stats? Though i could just light buffs
The simplest way to do that is to add a permanent buff like the shine buff. Otherwise, you could modify your helmet with the Omnipatcher "Modify any Item Tweak" and set its defense to 0 - this will affect the helmet regardless of how you equip it, however.

FMKling0

Terrarian
Hi, Is there a way for me to modify the attribute (damage) of a specific attack move from a boss npc (e.g moon lord laser, fishron tornado)? Or is it yet to be implemented? Also wondering if we could modify how a specific enemy npc's damage and life is affected by the difficulty of a world (e.g lowering clown's damage in Master mode)?

Phoenix-Mask

Terrarian
You can close Terraria Tweaker 2 after launching a Tweak List. The patching process and cleanup is handled by TTApplicator, the much smaller program that runs when you launch a Tweak List. While the TT2 gui is a little weighty for weaker hardware, TTApplicator's performance impact is virtually nil. You can additionally bypass TT2 entirely by clicking the arrow icon on a Tweak List to create a quick launch desktop shortcut.
Thanks knowing that I only need to keep the applicator open helped so now I don't have any visible lag anymore ^^

Top Bottom