• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.4 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Tool [Patcher] Terraria Tweaker 2 | SUPERCHARGE YOUR TERRARIA! (1.4 compatible!)

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
I have a suggestion: remove the day / night, moon phase restrictions on npcs shops!
Hello, I have a suggestion that could be useful:
Make all Shroomite Helmets give the same Ranged Damage, rather than Rocket, Arrow or Bullet Damage.
I'll add these to my list of user suggestions. The priority right now, however, is 1.4.1 compatibility.

Same there.
Is it safe to load the world with 2 same pylons without the tweak ?
Somewhat. Vanilla Terraria won't remove existing duplicate pylons - it only stops you from placing duplicate pylons. However, if you try to break or place any pylon, there is a chance (depending on which pylon you break) that it will scan for and remove duplicate pylons. To be safe, don't bring your pickaxe anywhere near your pylons and don't try to place any new ones down. And definitely don't use the world in multiplayer where someone could place/break pylons by accident.

It would mean redoing the whole shop
Not necessarily. Many (if not almost all) of the special shop conditions are static fields on Main and the entire shop inventory logic is contained in Chest.SetupShop(). Using a plugin, you can create a prefix patch on SetupShop that sets them to all true, or false, or whatever you need, plus a postfix patch on SetupShop that sets them all back to what they were. This would catch 99% of all shop special cases - the sole exception I can think of being the "have item xyz in your inventory" check, which would indeed require rewriting it all or some IL changes.

Last edited:

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Nice job on all the tweaks you are fixing.
I saw updates about most of the reported broken tweaks. One last that does not seem to work from my post:
View attachment 294664
i have it set so master is like normal, doesn't do a thing :)
This tweak is working correctly in my testing. Please double your chosen tweak options and test using a new tweak list with only this tweak in it. If it works in isolation, but fails when other tweaks are present, then you will need to disable/enable things until you find out which specific tweaks are causing conflict.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
I meant plugin browser
Unfortunately, there is not much interest Terraria Tweaker right now, and there are not many user-created plugins either. TT2 and TTPlugins must be popular enough to warrant a 100-150 hour unpaid job (creating a plugin sharing service).

DoomGuy14

Official Terrarian
Hey I have a problem, and I don't know if I'm missing something but when I run tt2 on my laptop my antivirus blocks it saying it detected a virus, and i cant find the file it quarantines. im new to tt2 and don't know what's going on, please help if you can!
Hope this screenshot helps, i can provide anything else if you need it

Attachments

Spookigman Δ

Retinazer
Hey I have a problem, and I don't know if I'm missing something but when I run tt2 on my laptop my antivirus blocks it saying it detected a virus, and i cant find the file it quarantines. im new to tt2 and don't know what's going on, please help if you can!
Unblock it on your antivirus, it detects TT2's ability to modify EXE files and identifies that as a virus

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Add an exclusion in your antivirus software for all files in the Terraria Tweaker 2 folder, or add the folder itself as an exclusion, if possible. If your av is crap and doesn't give you control over the quarantine or detection actions, you will need to find some way to disable its protection features, add the exclusions for TT2, then re-enable the protection features. Additionally, I recommend switching to a less-bad antivirus solution, like Kaspersky. Any "antivirus" that rapidly & indiscriminately decides TT2 is a virus is very, very stupid and probably not the kind of software you want to be paying for.

Duplicate items doesn't work anymore nor does grid tiles
These tweaks are restored in the upcoming (very soon) 1.4.1 compatibility update

Alonso007

Terrarian
Add an exclusion in your antivirus software for all files in the Terraria Tweaker 2 folder, or add the folder itself as an exclusion, if possible. If your av is crap and doesn't give you control over the quarantine or detection actions, you will need to find some way to disable its protection features, add the exclusions for TT2, then re-enable the protection features. Additionally, I recommend switching to a less-bad antivirus solution, like Kaspersky. Any "antivirus" that rapidly & indiscriminately decides TT2 is a virus is very, very stupid and probably not the kind of software you want to be paying for.

These tweaks are restored in the upcoming (very soon) 1.4.1 compatibility update
Alright, amazing, thank you!

benkai3

Terrarian
I just had a careful look at this mod. Well done! There are so many qol modifications. I wonder if you will be able to make an "unfriendly" patcher after 1.4.2 or something, since the game by then would not be updated anymore! Anyways, your mod solves many of my current problems.

For example, in the latest patch the happiness town detection range is increased to 50 tiles. Which means that players have to build houses, towns exactly how the devs envisioned. Me on the other hand, loves big towns, mansions and centralised city. the happiness range modification is godsend, thank you!

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
I wonder if you will be able to make an "unfriendly" patcher after 1.4.2 or something
"Unfriendly" As in, not the "friendly patching" moniker I've used? The Tweak List system is much superior to one-time patching and I don't plan on abandoning it. If you need to permanently patch Terraria, you can right click on a Tweak List and choose Advanced Utilities to access that ability.
For example, in the latest patch the happiness town detection range is increased to 50 tiles.
The "town distance" threshold was also doubled, from 120 to 240.
I just had a careful look at this mod. Well done! There are so many qol modifications.
Thanks for giving Terraria Tweaker a try :)

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Terraria Tweaker 2.3.1411.0 for Terraria 1.4.1.1 is live

1.4.1 Compatibility
◆ This is the first compatibility update for Terraria 1.4.1. Many (hopefully all) tweaks are functional again, however, please continue to report issues if you experience any. TT2 has nearly tripled in size this year and the exponential number of patch combinations has followed suit.
THE BIG CAVEAT: Terraria 1.4.1 has introduced what may very well be more of ReLogic's trademark glitches and bad code, including a very heavy dependence on some indeterminate, time-sensitive loading process. Depending on the programs currently running on your computer, the quality and speed of your hardware, and the alignment of the planets and stars, Terraria 1.4.1 may simply break itself during startup and crash before even getting a window up. This is a bug feature of unmodified, vanilla Terraria that we can all thank ReLogic for. If your Terraria halts around 135MB or 395MB, burns your CPU for a few seconds, then gives up and crashes, you are most likely experiencing this issue. Please be aware of this when reporting broken tweaks, since it is now difficult to determine the origin of Terraria crashes due to this new issue. I am doubtful that ReLogic will investigate or acknowledge this issue, let alone properly and thoroughly, so I will continue to test solutions myself - though I have lost a rather inordinate amount of time to this already and I could care less for patching up ReLogic's bad practices.
If you experience this new type of crash, try removing tweaks to reduce the complexity of your Tweak List. Additionally, try doing something else for a while, then try again - such is the nature of time-dependent code. Also, try repeatedly launching vanilla Terraria until it finally succeeds, then try your tweak list again.​

TTPlugins
◆ Coinciding with this update is the 1.1.0.0 release of TTPlugins, which notably adds the requested support for Transpiler patches.
◆ Conveniences like a plugin sharing service and additional tutorials are still on my list, but are on hold until the 1.4.1 voodoo is resolved or mitigated enough.

As usual, download this update from the OP or use TT2's inline updater.

drazreckned

Terrarian
My Bug Report

Going off of what Alonso007 has said: "Hotkeys seem to mess up the launch mostly." Here is my bug report. I'd like to add to the bug that does crash "Freeze" the assembler when trying to launch Terraria with tweaks that have some form of Hotkey options. I have also found that Classic Gravity Control also freezes the assembler. I don't know if there are many other tweaks that also freeze the assembler like Classic Gravity Control does and not being a hotkey tweak, but I assume there are based on my own analysis of the bug.

Now here is the hard data:
TT2 and TTApp are updated.
Terraria is on 1.4.1.1
Terraria Tweaker v. 2.3.1411.0
TTApplicator version is 1.2.1411.0

Now, I'm not sure if it's just TT2 or of its TTApp that is the problem here but I do have two logs for you from TTApp. One is from when it works with tweaks that include hotkeys and non-hotkey tweaks and the other is from when it crashes with even one of the certain hotkey tweaks.

When it does crash, it waits 30000ms then tries again if I let it continue. Now after the 30 seconds it prompts the "LOOK AT ME THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!" message box with the description for Terraria.exe taking too long to start. It does this perpetually or I can cancel by clicking "Cancel".

In short; some hotkey tweaks work and even one of the wrong hotkey tweaks or any number of random tweaks could break it. If there are other tweaks that have this problem, I have not tested all the tweaks to know-so. However, I have a decent number of tweaks and most are enabled while only a few tweaks freeze the assembler.

Attached are two harmless .txt logs for you to look at. I love your software and I hope you can find a fix fast or maybe revert if that's an option? I cannot wait to see this up and running flawlessly again soon. Keep up the phenomenal work!

Edit (Addition): The last update (I don't have a version number because I auto-updated from it) that I had worked fine. I check it every day, so it has to be the most recent one? Anyway, I hope this bit helps in some way.

Attachments

Last edited:

ItsTheKais

Steampunker
As of this TT2 update, my Disable Mushroom Perma-Night plugin was causing the silent-insta-crash to occur 100% of the time. Apparently Terraria/TT2 doesn't like Main.DoDraw being messed with anymore? Either way, here's an update that fixes this. (All I did was change the method being patched from DoDraw to EnsureRenderTargetContent, which is called right before DoDraw)

Attachments

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Hotkeys seem to mess up the launch mostly.
Chances are this is the new issue that has arisen with Terraria 1.4.1. The tweaks which have a more significant effect on execution time (i.e. Harmony-based patches, like the hotkey tweaks) are more likely to upset the time-sensitive code and derail things. Truthfully, it's pure chaos, though - the exact same tweak list may fail for the first 10 tries, then succeed for the next 3, then fail for the next 15.

Edit (Addition): The last update (I don't have a version number because I auto-updated from it) that I had worked fine. I check it every day, so it has to be the most recent one? Anyway, I hope this bit helps in some way.
"worked fine" Can you describe this in more detail? Do you mean to say that the exact same tweak list you are testing with now did not cause problems with Terraria 1.4.1 when using the previous version of TT2 (2.3.1405.1)?
You can download 2.3.1405.1 here if you like: http://www.mediafire.com/file/56pgxz5rqjm8xai/TT2_2.3.1405.1_Official_Release_ReCEX.zip

As of this TT2 update, my Disable Mushroom Perma-Night plugin was causing the silent-insta-crash to occur 100% of the time. Apparently Terraria/TT2 doesn't like Main.DoDraw being messed with anymore? Either way, here's an update that fixes this. (All I did was change the method being patched from DoDraw to EnsureRenderTargetContent, which is called right before DoDraw)
I've found that especially large methods like DoDraw are highly sensitive to being patched in Terraria 1.4.1 and are more likely to throw off the time-sensitive code than patching a smaller, out-of-the way method would. While I am still trying to figure out exactly where the indeterminate code is in Terraria's pile of spagehetti, I suspect that any method which runs before xna/gdi establishes a d3d device and application window is more likely to change execution time during whatever the critical period is. You may need to adjust your plugins accordingly.

Terraria Tweaker a hobby project that runs on unpaid free time, and I really don't have the time to figure out what kind of voodoo ReLogic added to 1.4.1 or how to remove it. I am still investigating this, but it is a major time black hole and I still have a life to attend to, so please bear with me.

Top Bottom