• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.4 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Tool [Patcher] Terraria Tweaker 2 | SUPERCHARGE YOUR TERRARIA! (1.4 compatible!)

ItsTheKais

Steampunker
I've found that especially large methods like DoDraw are highly sensitive to being patched in Terraria 1.4.1 and are more likely to throw off the time-sensitive code than patching a smaller, out-of-the way method would. While I am still trying to figure out exactly where the indeterminate code is in Terraria's pile of spagehetti, I suspect that any method which runs before xna/gdi establishes a d3d device and application window is more likely to change execution time during whatever the critical period is. You may need to adjust your plugins accordingly.
The weird thing is, my plugin wasn't causing any issues at all when applied to Terraria 1.4.1(.1) using the previous version of TT2 (2.3.1405.1). It was only after updating TT2 to 2.3.1141.0 that my plugin started crashing the game. Not to accuse you of causing this or anything, I just thought that was odd.

Sticking to smaller methods sounds like good practices regardless.

fangwulf

Terrarian
Thank you for making this program for free in your own time, and keeping it up to date as well! The 'unrestricted pylons' tweak no longer crashes the game for me after updating to TT 2.3.1411. However, Terraria 1.4.1.1 seems no longer affected by the 'Nullify/Modify Potion Debuffs' tweak for health potions. The tweak still affects mana sickness, but health potion sickness is still always 60 seconds. I tried the tweak before and after TT 2.3.411, and both as part of my big tweak list and as the only tweak. Let me know if you want any further information from me. No rush on a fix, and thank you again for your work!

drazreckned

Terrarian
Yes, thank you for all you have done and continue to do despite life outside this project. I personally really appreciate this tweaker and the time spent on it.

Now, for TT2 2.3.1405.1, it does seem to fix the hotkey issue. But it seems that Visualize Remaining Chest Space and Remove Pylon Restrictions silently crash TTApp.

Let me know if I can help test any further :)

TechnoMonkeyDJ

Terrarian
I am finding the mod works perfectly now except for hotkey based tweaks and plugins they make it crash immediately that was quite painful the test but fun hopefully didn't piss my friends off too much with the pop-up notification on Steam

Last edited:

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
The weird thing is, my plugin wasn't causing any issues at all when applied to Terraria 1.4.1(.1) using the previous version of TT2 (2.3.1405.1).
This is part of the weirdness of it all...

However, Terraria 1.4.1.1 seems no longer affected by the 'Nullify/Modify Potion Debuffs' tweak for health potions. The tweak still affects mana sickness, but health potion sickness is still always 60 seconds. I tried the tweak before and after TT 2.3.411, and both as part of my big tweak list and as the only tweak.
Thanks - finally, an typical incompatibility that is actually straightforward, fixable, and not voodoo :) This will be fixed in the next compatibility update.

Now, for TT2 2.3.1405.1, it does seem to fix the hotkey issue. But it seems that Visualize Remaining Chest Space and Remove Pylon Restrictions silently crash TTApp.
In the case of Visualize Remaining Chest Space (as well as many other Harmony-based tweaks), they crash TTApp 1.2.1405.x because it expects Terraria 1.4.0.5 but instead gets 1.4.1.1. This tweak is fixed in the latest update simply by retargeting TTApp to Terraria 1.4.1.1 as per usual protocol, so you absolutely must use the latest version of TT2 in order for that tweak (and many other Harmony-based tweaks) to work.
Remove Pylon Restrictions actually works just fine in the previous version of TT2 (at least, when in a tweak list by itself). You may be experiencing crashes due to other tweaks patching incorrectly with TTApp 1.2.1405.0 due to the Terraria 1.4.1.1 changes, with those improper patches causing other patches or their application routines to behave unexpectedly.
In any case, I'm afraid you will have to choose the version of the Terraria Tweaker that works best for your needs until the overarching 1.4.1 strangeness is resolved.

I am finding the mod works perfectly now except for hotkey based tweaks and plugins they make it crash immediately that was quite painful the test and fun
The hotkey tweaks do seem more likely to crash Terraria than the others. However, on chaotic, intermittent occasions, I have verified every single tweak, including the ones that are prone to causing crashes, all together at once without Terraria dying. So, if you try your tweak list enough times, those hotkey tweaks will eventually work, should the stars align for you.
hopefully didn't piss my friends off too much with the pop-up notification on Steam
Yepp I've probably driven most of my steam friends to disable game notifications. (but who even has those on by default anyways?)

Mail

Terrarian
The weird thing is, my plugin wasn't causing any issues at all when applied to Terraria 1.4.1(.1) using the previous version of TT2 (2.3.1405.1). It was only after updating TT2 to 2.3.1141.0 that my plugin started crashing the game. Not to accuse you of causing this or anything, I just thought that was odd.

Sticking to smaller methods sounds like good practices regardless.
I have yet to upgrade from 2.3.1405.1, and I have not experienced any crashes when using a small number of plugins.

I have frequently experienced the audio bug that others have reported. The audio system "crashes" and I lose the ability to change the music volume. It is possible that the music issue is related to whatever problems are causing crashes in TT2 with the current version. The audio bug has high priority for being fixed so we should find out soon.

This has probably been discussed before, but the game startup is slightly different when music volume is set to zero compared to when it is enabled. See quickSplash in the game code.
The DrawSplash function is hard to follow, but it seems that if the music system throws an exception during loading, then quickSplash can be changed from false to true. The quicksplash codepath relies on splashCounter being set back to 125 if it is between 126 and 200 and _isAsyncLoadComplete is false. If splashCounter gets over 200 before loading is complete it won't check _isAsyncLoadComplete and will run initialization code on partially loaded content.

Disaster scenario:

Start game with music enabled.
splashCounter gets over 200. (Somewhat slow startup?)
Async music loading throws exception.
Caught exception changes musicVolume to zero. (Many bug reports of this happening right now.)
Next call of DrawSplash sets quickSplash from false to true.
splashCounter is now at a higher value than normally possible when quickSplash is enabled.
Initialization code now runs even though _isAsyncLoadComplete is false!
Game in unrecoverable? state continuously firing exceptions and hopefully closes itself quickly.

Technically not a bug since the music system should never be allowed to throw exceptions.

Ath3l

Terrarian
It seems that now hotkey tweaks cause crashes (tried mirror and auto-stacking)
Difficulty changing works - i dont know why before i could not get it to work.

shadow4328

Terrarian
Terraria will not open if i tweak it but it will open vanilla terraria and this happened right i updated it
same bro everytime i just press teak and launch or launch tweak list it does the process and when it says "terraria opened (time ms) and then it says resetting to vanilla files or something like that and never launches the tweak list

Edit: Figured what I was doing wrong I guess we can't have any hotkey tweaks right now. Cause all my other tweaks weren't the problem like ya know custom items customer prefixes etc it was just the hotkey tweaks

Last edited:

mileram dodik

Terrarian
Classic gravity control tweak makes the game hang on launch and never pop up (no terraria.exe in task manager), as well as: money trough hotkey tweak, Void bag hotkey tweak, Instant Teleport tweak, Ruler and Tile grid hotkey tweak (from what i could test). Only hotkey based function i could get working is the inventory duper.

Last edited:

Slaughter Lord

Terrarian
hi, where can i find some plugins?
Another user had put together a list of plugins other users have posted. I'm not sure if it has been routinely updated or not, nonetheless, since the time the person posted this, i haven't noticed that many plugins posted here anyways. All plugins can be found (can only be found) through this thread and looking through the different pages of comments. But here is the link to the google doc someone made, which contains links to the various pages of this thread where people have shared their plugin.

Slaughter Lord

Terrarian
So I understand this has already been reported by others, and read the responses you (Tibberium Fusion) wrote that explains what is going on/why we may be experiencing probs, so you don't need to do the same with me. Just want to share that I am too experiencing the issue of Terraria not launching/hanging when attempting to launch my tweak list that is made up of mostly hotkey tweaks (after updating to TT2 2.3.1411.0). Well, 6 of 10 "Miscellaneous" tweaks are hotkey tweaks. Then have Unrestrict Social Slots from the accessory tweaks category.

I read the comments before updating, but once i saw that you have the previous version available for download, I figured i'd give it a try. But as I'm not/wasn't using any tweaks that caused Terraia to crash, i'll just use the previous TT2 version. Lets hope RE-Logic ends their hotfix patches with a semi-decent version that doesn''t leave you with a headache in order to mod.

EDIT: I actually just noticed something and would like to see if you could clarify:
On my pc, i created a folder for TT2 named as the version which shows "2.3.1405.6" but the version that you have posted as the previous TT2 release is "2.3.1405.1" - Is this just something I can ignore or is there maybe some versions in between 2.3.1405.1 and 2.3.1411.0 ?

Last edited:

Candiescence

Terrarian
Been using this for a day or two, and I have to say, I am glad I did.
With TModLoader not working for 1.4.1 yet, I have been craving to play the update but unwilling to go without QOL things...
Luckily, this enhancement is a perfect middle ground. The only QOL missing is Magic Storage, which is a fair trade-off for everything you gain.
The Master mode boss summoning with the relics is an ingenious idea as well!

Thank you so much for your work on this!

qwerty3.14

Terrarian
What plugins are you testing?
Did you test them in Single Assembly mode?
Is your game AND Tweaker updated?
When I generate a new plugin and make no changes to it the error still occurs.
Just switched to single assembly and I still get the error.
I just got terra tweaker. 2.3.1411.0

Top Bottom