• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

Tool [Patcher] Terraria Tweaker 2 | SUPERCHARGE YOUR TERRARIA! (1.4 compatible!)

Duskuro

Terrarian
Add Homing to Zenith? I really hate how the First Fractal Has Homing and Zenith doesn't. Of course First Fractal's homing isn't even pinpoint accurate which sucks even more. The endgame melee weapon should have homing no? :p

Does anyone know of a way to track *in game* if an item is researched or not? I know I can unlock the whole lot in one go, but I would like to do it myself. I could also track it in an excel sheet etc, but I was hoping for something more dynamic, that doesn't require double handling 🤔

Phoenix-Mask

Terrarian
Visualizing remaining chest space still crashes the ttapplicator for me although I have updated to the latest version. Can it have something to do with the fact it is looking for 1.4.1.1 Terraria when steam only has 1.4.1.0? Also for some reason I always have to restart my computer because even after the crash terraria tweaker thinks ttapplicator is open but I can't find anything in the task manager

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Terraria will not open if i tweak it but it will open vanilla terraria and this happened right i updated it
Classic gravity control tweak makes the game hang on launch and never pop up (no terraria.exe in task manager), as well as: money trough hotkey tweak, Void bag hotkey tweak, Instant Teleport tweak, Ruler and Tile grid hotkey tweak (from what i could test). Only hotkey based function i could get working is the inventory duper.
keeps saying something about patch lifecycle and then closing and i tried redoing and didn't work
Visualizing remaining chest space still crashes the ttapplicator for me although I have updated to the latest version.
terraria closes before it opens when i use tweak lists
This is most likely related to the changes in 1.4.1 that have made Terraria very, very unstable. The issue is buried very deep in ReLogic's nasty code, and while I am investigating it, it is a rabbit hole that always seems to run deeper. You may have more luck with some tweaks by downloading the previous release of Terraria Tweaker 2 (version 2.3.1405.1), which is listed in the Downloads section of the OP. Please use whichever version of TT2 works best for your purposes until a decisive fix is found. If you are using version 2.3.1411.0 of TT2, you may experience random crashes (and I do truly mean random) that depend more on the alignment of the stars and the weather outside than on actual code. These crashes are more likely to occur when using a complex/large tweak list and/or plugins. Harmony-based tweaks (denoted with an H in TT2) are more likely to induce crashing as well. However, if you try the same tweak list enough times, it will eventually work flawlessly, even with every single tweak enabled. Such is the nature of 1.4.1's voodoo.

I have yet to upgrade from 2.3.1405.1, and I have not experienced any crashes when using a small number of plugins.

I have frequently experienced the audio bug that others have reported. The audio system "crashes" and I lose the ability to change the music volume. It is possible that the music issue is related to whatever problems are causing crashes in TT2 with the current version. The audio bug has high priority for being fixed so we should find out soon.

This has probably been discussed before, but the game startup is slightly different when music volume is set to zero compared to when it is enabled. See quickSplash in the game code.
The DrawSplash function is hard to follow, but it seems that if the music system throws an exception during loading, then quickSplash can be changed from false to true. The quicksplash codepath relies on splashCounter being set back to 125 if it is between 126 and 200 and _isAsyncLoadComplete is false. If splashCounter gets over 200 before loading is complete it won't check _isAsyncLoadComplete and will run initialization code on partially loaded content.

Disaster scenario:

Start game with music enabled.
splashCounter gets over 200. (Somewhat slow startup?)
Async music loading throws exception.
Caught exception changes musicVolume to zero. (Many bug reports of this happening right now.)
Next call of DrawSplash sets quickSplash from false to true.
splashCounter is now at a higher value than normally possible when quickSplash is enabled.
Initialization code now runs even though _isAsyncLoadComplete is false!
Game in unrecoverable? state continuously firing exceptions and hopefully closes itself quickly.

Technically not a bug since the music system should never be allowed to throw exceptions.
I have run into this audio bug (without realizing it) while diagnosing 1.4.1's voodoo. Unfortunately, I was not able to reliably reproduce any kind of deterministic crash - both in vanilla Terraria by adjusting the game volume, and by patching areas of the load process to use different code paths. Perhaps this audio issue is a symptom of a more root cause that is the source of the voodoo. I would not be surprised if the 1.4.1 issues are as simple as ReLogic compiling Terraria against some in-house fna branch, while continuing to ship it with the official xna redists. FNA is a high-quality project, but iirc it substitutes xaudio with their own "faudio" implementation that surely was not created by Microsoft MVPs (and may be comparatively quite unreliable).

EDIT: I actually just noticed something and would like to see if you could clarify:
On my pc, i created a folder for TT2 named as the version which shows "2.3.1405.6" but the version that you have posted as the previous TT2 release is "2.3.1405.1" - Is this just something I can ignore or is there maybe some versions in between 2.3.1405.1 and 2.3.1411.0 ?
The previous release of TT2 is version 2.3.1405.1, from July 31st 2020. This is the version which is currently linked in the OP. There is no 2.3.1405.6, but there was a 2.2.1405.6, which is from June 24th 2020 (the last version before the plugin system was added) - maybe this is what got you confused? At any rate, the difference between 2.3.1405.1 and 2.3.1411.0 is that 2.3.1405.1 is for Terraria 1.4.0.5, while 2.3.1411.0 is for Terraria 1.4.1.1. Each time Terraria updates, I have to adjust patches to account for different IL structure so that they patch in the correct spot and in the correct manner. Sometimes many changes are needed, sometimes none are needed. The differences between Terraria 1.4.0.5 and 1.4.1.1 seem rather insignificant though (excluding the voodoo, of course), so it is not too surprising the the previous version of TT2 happens to be mostly compatible with Terraria 1.4.1.1.

McAfee seems to be getting TTApplicator quarantined as a false positive for some reason...
Add an exception to all the TT2 files or to the folder which TT2 is installed in (if possible).
Many antivirus companies these days are now owned by trusts and their "antivirus" products become stupider and stupider with each passing year. McAfee is most likely idiotically flagging TTApp because it uses Cecil and writes files. If your antivirus thinks TT2 is a virus, that's an indicator to save your money and switch to a competent AV provider, like Kaspersky.

View attachment 295186
I'm trying to make a plugin but I get this error. What does it mean and how do I fix it?
This may be related to a possible bug in the .net framework, specifically related to codedom, which is what TT2 uses to compile plugin code. Unfortunately, while the potential bug was fixed by Microsoft, the fix does not exist in the version of .net that Terraria/TT2 use. As such, there are no real solutions, only potential workarounds.
Some things you can try:
- Install the .net 4.5.2 targeting pack (download here). Even if you do not use Visual Studio or develop .net applications, this package should put the necessary System.Attribute reference assembly into your computer's gac and sxs, which may be missing or incorrectly indexed by the framework.
- Try the .net framework repair tool (download here), then reinstall the lastest version of the .net framework that is on your computer.
- Reinstall your .net framework. Start with OS-baseline version, then work your way up, manually installing each in-place upgrade. For example, rollback to 4.0, then install 4.5.2, then 4.6.2, then 4.7.2.

Been using this for a day or two, and I have to say, I am glad I did.
With TModLoader not working for 1.4.1 yet, I have been craving to play the update but unwilling to go without QOL things...
Luckily, this enhancement is a perfect middle ground. The only QOL missing is Magic Storage, which is a fair trade-off for everything you gain.
The Master mode boss summoning with the relics is an ingenious idea as well!

Thank you so much for your work on this!
Thanks for giving TT2 a try :) That relic statues summoning mechanic was a fun thing to make.
I'm not too familiar with the popular tModLoader mods, but some kind of remote chest access like Magic Storage is on my list of future ideas to experiment with.

Add Homing to Zenith? I really hate how the First Fractal Has Homing and Zenith doesn't. Of course First Fractal's homing isn't even pinpoint accurate which sucks even more. The endgame melee weapon should have homing no? :p
You could write a plugin which does this. Several users have created various homing bullets plugins which could help as a starting point.

Probably should have mentioned: *in game from the crafting menu*
Like a star or badge on each item in the crafting menu? You could write a plugin to do this. I really like this idea though, so it's on my list of user suggestions now and may appear in a future TT2 update.

Can it have something to do with the fact it is looking for 1.4.1.1 Terraria when steam only has 1.4.1.0?
Steam is stupid and can fail to pick up game updates. You should run a Verify Local Game Files, which will force Steam to download the 1.4.1.1 update.
Also for some reason I always have to restart my computer because even after the crash terraria tweaker thinks ttapplicator is open but I can't find anything in the task manager
Make sure you have task manager set to show processes from all users. The TTApplicator process may be owned by a different user on your computer.

Also, if the TTApplicator process does exist under your account, but can't be killed, you can try logging off then logging back in again. No need to restart.

Slaughter Lord

Terrarian
The previous release of TT2 is version 2.3.1405.1, from July 31st 2020. This is the version which is currently linked in the OP. There is no 2.3.1405.6, but there was a 2.2.1405.6, which is from June 24th 2020 (the last version before the plugin system was added) - maybe this is what got you confused?
Yes you are right, I misread that on my PC. Sorry about that. Thank you

ItsTheKais

Steampunker
Made another small plugin to fix an annoyance of mine. Uploading it in case someone else finds it handy.

The game looks very nice at 150% zoom, but will look fuzzy and unfocused if it's a fraction of a percent off, which is what happens when you try to set the zoom to 150% because the slider is inaccurate. You can get 150% exactly by editing the config file before launching the game, but this breaks as soon as you touch the slider.

This plugin just snaps the zoom level to 150% whenever it's within a 0.5% margin, so you can get there with the slider, because I like 150% zoom for building.

Attachments

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
when enabling the Instant teleport tweak the game doesn't start
This is most likely related to the changes in 1.4.1 that have made Terraria very, very unstable. The issue is buried very deep in ReLogic's nasty code, and while I am investigating it, it is a rabbit hole that always seems to run deeper. You may have more luck with some tweaks by downloading the previous release of Terraria Tweaker 2 (version 2.3.1405.1), which is listed in the Downloads section of the OP. Please use whichever version of TT2 works best for your purposes until a decisive fix is found. If you are using version 2.3.1411.0 of TT2, you may experience random crashes (and I do truly mean random) that depend more on the alignment of the stars and the weather outside than on actual code. These crashes are more likely to occur when using a complex/large tweak list and/or plugins. Harmony-based tweaks (denoted with an H in TT2) are more likely to induce crashing as well. However, if you try the same tweak list enough times, it will eventually work flawlessly, even with every single tweak enabled. Such is the nature of 1.4.1's voodoo.

Xurkitree1

Terrarian
Is there anyway to get the Tweaks to apply ONLY to Journey Mode worlds? I'd like to use my Journey Mode save as the ultimate sandbox, but don't want to touch the other runs I have active at the same time.

Xurkitree1

Terrarian
doesnt the Zenith already home in on enemies within a 20 tile radius around your cursor? If you use the zenith while point at yourself, it attacks enemies that come into range.

Slaughter Lord

Terrarian
Is there anyway to get the Tweaks to apply ONLY to Journey Mode worlds? I'd like to use my Journey Mode save as the ultimate sandbox, but don't want to touch the other runs I have active at the same time.
I don't think so. But you can create a separate tweak list that you use for when playing your Journey world, and either create a 2nd tweak list for your other worlds, or just start Terraria without TT2. I have 2 tweak lists, 1 for my Creative mode/Journey world, and another for normal play, which just has things like hotkeys and extra info on HUD. Thing is, you have to exit Terraria and re-launch in order to change which tweak list is applied.

But this is really the beauty of this mod/program. It only "injects" (i think that's the right term) the mods into Terraria upon launch, and removes them when exiting. Running Terraria without TT2 (i.e., through Steam, etc.) will run without any tweaks and will be Vanilla.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
I don't think so. But you can create a separate tweak list that you use for when playing your Journey world, and either create a 2nd tweak list for your other worlds, or just start Terraria without TT2. I have 2 tweak lists, 1 for my Creative mode/Journey world, and another for normal play, which just has things like hotkeys and extra info on HUD. Thing is, you have to exit Terraria and re-launch in order to change which tweak list is applied.

But this is really the beauty of this mod/program. It only "injects" (i think that's the right term) the mods into Terraria upon launch, and removes them when exiting. Running Terraria without TT2 (i.e., through Steam, etc.) will run without any tweaks and will be Vanilla.
This is correct. Every tweak would have to be rewritten from scratch to conditionally activate/deactivate depending on what world is loaded. If you are interested in writing plugins using TT2's plugin framework, you can add these checks to your plugins, however.
As Slaughter Lord explained, the simplest (and intended) solution is to create different Tweak Lists for different styles of play. It only takes about 20-30 seconds to exit Terraria and launch a different Tweak List if you're switching between worlds.

Xurkitree1

Terrarian

This is correct. Every tweak would have to be rewritten from scratch to conditionally activate/deactivate depending on what world is loaded. If you are interested in writing plugins using TT2's plugin framework, you can add these checks to your plugins, however.
As Slaughter Lord explained, the simplest (and intended) solution is to create different Tweak Lists for different styles of play. It only takes about 20-30 seconds to exit Terraria and launch a different Tweak List if you're switching between worlds.
Thanks for the Clarification! I'll see what I need to do to set it up if need be.

Top Bottom