THIS THREAD IS RETIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Tiberium, dropping by to give you whatever information I can to help you out in 1.4 compatibility development. Tweak 1105 and 3200 both throw errors (failed to patch successfully) during the TTapplicator's patching. After acknowledging both errors and proceeding, the patcher finishes and successfully launches. Once in game, Adding or Removing Potion buffs through the tweak does not work - As in providing the proper syntax in chat with correct buff ID's and Integer parameters yields no buffs, i.e Regeneration for 60 seconds. The Persistent Combat Accessories Tweak does not appear to provide its benefits, as in the proper accessory bonuses (Emblems, etc). I'm not sure what more data I can provide you with (such as logs), but if there's something I can do, go ahead and ask.

EDIT: And to be clear, the game does launch. Out of the 20-30 tweaks I have enabled, I would say 90% are working correctly.

Is there a way to alter mounts' capabilities with TT2? Like, for instance, could I make the Bee Mount behave like the UFO if I wanted faster/infinite flight?

Cool, totally understandable! I wouldn't want you to go to any extra trouble for it, but I figured I better ask if it was already possible in case I just plain missed some tweak or something that could accomplish it. Thanks for the straightforward answer! :)

Hi, is there any way to add new plugins to the patcher (eg: Permanent buff effects or chest search) ? If not, any plans to add mentioned plugins :) ? Sorry in advance if its a dumb question.

Any chance this could be used to remove the "luck" mechanic which penalizes players for using the "wrong" torch to see. (wth?)

And

Any chance to remove the NPC happiness penalties from affecting prices? Like if I want to have all my NPCs in one place you shouldn't be punished for it. Sure fine, they don't sell their pylon if you crowd them - but you shouldn't be punished.

You can say that it just rewards people for having a split up towns all over the place but really it's a penalty for those that do it any other way. This is terraria you shouldn't be punished for using the "wrong" torches or putting the NPCS wherever you want.

As a suggestion, would making a "simple" tweak like "Retain player buffs after death" actually be simple?

I too would like permanent buffs without needing multiple tools, but have no problem applying them in-game with TT2's /buff tweak. If I want, say, the Shine buff to be "permanent" I can just /buff 11 99999; but as far as I know that's only good until my next death. If buffs could be set to just not get removed on player death, that'd be super neat. Honestly, I prefer TT2's implementation anyway because it allows me to just right click a buff if I want to disable it for some reason; Patcher doesn't allow that.

Also, fwiw, with Transcend's patcher setting permanent buffs causes a bit of lag and desyncs(?) in multiplayer. Again using Shine as an example, my friend reports not seeing any light from me on their side, even though it's clearly working on mine. Same with persistent Flask effects, iirc. TT2's /buff tweak doesn't have this issue, I assume because it just applies buffs in-game, the "normal" way? Anyway, thought that might be a relevant bit of info.

As a suggestion, would making a "simple" tweak like "Retain player buffs after death" actually be simple?

I too would like permanent buffs without needing multiple tools, but have no problem applying them in-game with TT2's /buff tweak. If I want, say, the Shine buff to be "permanent" I can just /buff 11 99999; but as far as I know that's only good until my next death. If buffs could be set to just not get removed on player death, that'd be super neat. Honestly, I prefer TT2's implementation anyway because it allows me to just right click a buff if I want to disable it for some reason; Patcher doesn't allow that.

Also, fwiw, with Transcend's patcher setting permanent buffs causes a bit of lag and desyncs(?) in multiplayer. Again using Shine as an example, my friend reports not seeing any light from me on their side, even though it's clearly working on mine. Same with persistent Flask effects, iirc. TT2's /buff tweak doesn't have this issue, I assume because it just applies buffs in-game, the "normal" way? Anyway, thought that might be a relevant bit of info.
I do recall quite clearly, TShock having a plugin like this called Permabuffs. Its nature was, though, that it enforced persistency with an external config file.
I assume, if it is possible with TT2, that it will not be changeable in-game with cross-session permanence, as its persistency will be enforced upon each assembly patch.
Might be talking outta my bottom here, though, so here's hoping. lol

Gave this a go just now - very easy to use! However, after adding the 'Eliminate Biome Spread,' saving my tweak list, and then launching it (the program gave the warning about that it was about to launch the game and supervise the executable and so forth, so it appeared to work), I found that the Corruption in my world was still spreading (tested by cleansing a bit of grass and trees with purification powder, and observed it becoming corrupt again). This was an existing world rather than a new one created with the tweak active, though - might that make a difference?

It's not quite that simple, unfortunately. From what I've read, "bad" torches do still counter "good" torches in the "wrong" biomes; it's just that the final torch luck factor can't go below zero. There's still room for a tweak that kills all torch luck negatives, and/or all torch luck period, and/or the whole luck mechanic in its entirety.

Anyway, I haven't used Tweaker before, but I'm going to now to restore accessory switching, so thank you for that! `:happy:

Last edited:
Neat! Hope it proves to be hassle free. Thanks for looking into it!

Appreciate the detailed responses, that's interesting stuff.

I really enjoy how flawlessly TT2's method of the /buff tweak works (at least in my usage of it, which is fairly tame), since as I mentioned TerrariaPatcher introduced performance issues (stutters) and MP compatibility quirks. Hopefully if/when persistent buffs comes to TT2, the current implementation can remain as is or coexist somehow. But your explanation of TerrariaPatcher's method makes a lot of sense; I can see how some situations would call for more forcible overrides. For my usage, which is essentially just removing the need to constantly swig low-tier potions for ease-of-play, the "keep buffs after death" function would pretty much cover it for me, though.

Also, it's super impressive how much TT2 does overall, and the fact that you've updated so much of it so quickly kind of blows my mind. Kudos to you, TiberiumFusion! Can't wait to start fooling around with OmniPatcher... I wasn't expecting it so soon! Hats off to you. :)

Thanks for all you do for us!

Awesome to hear, sounds good!

Thanks for the heads up on Omnipatcher functionality. I'll hold off on the new items for now.

Quick question, though: I'm editing the Katana (item 2273), and I notice that it has useAnimation (22) instead of useTime (which is the value I'm used to editing with TerrariaPatcher's item tweaking feature previously)... are these effectively the same on this weapon? useTime is over in the right column, and says it has a null value.
When I look at a gun, like say the Revolver (item 2269), I see both useTime and useAnimation are active and show the same value (also 22, coincidentally).

So I guess my question is, when an item has useAnimation/Time variable, do I edit whichever one is already active? Both? I assume I should not mess with other attributes from the right (red) column unless necessary...

(Sorry, ended up being a not-so-quick question) :p

BUG REPORT!! :joy:

(sorry for flooding your thread, haha)

So it appears that the Persistent Accessory Effects tweak is being a bit weird. Having Flesh Knuckles active (and only Flesh Knuckles, I narrowed it down) is giving me 7 Defense per accessory slot! I get 35 normally, and (since I'm in Journey Mode) when I crank the difficulty slider up to Expert & Master modes, I end up with 42 and 49 Defense respectively. Started with 0 Defense (took off all armor/accessories in-game trying to figure this out), and deactivated all other tweaks (and all other accessories within this tweak, as stated above). Aside from TT2, I'm running vanilla Terraria -- no mods or TerrariaPatcher remnants or anything. (I did a full clean install prior to 1.4)

Also, oddly, while trying to figure out what was going on with this, I had the Paladin's Shield being the only active Persistent Accessory (which is supposed to give 6 Def., (in addition to the other effects which I didn't test at all) but it was giving 0.

When looking at their wiki pages (which I linked above, for convenience) I notice both of these items were updated in 1.4 to become materials for new accessories. Might that be related?

So... yeah. *shrug*

Let me know if I can provide more useful info somehow!

:: ADDENDUM ::

So to test a bit further, I deactivated the defensive accessories above, and activated the damage increasing ones (from the Avenger Emblem on down in the tweak's submenu), and they appear to be doing something similar. They shot my Revolver's base damage from 20 all the way up to a max of 73 on the Master difficulty, for example.

The bonuses seemed to be tied to the difficulty slider that's present in Journey Mode, as it scaled immediately when going between the different setting steps (Journey/Classic both counted the same, 5x; Expert was again 6x and Master 7x -- just like the Defense multipliers I was seeing above), yet the smaller increments on the difficulty slider appeared to have no effect. Meaning I'm at the 5x multiplier whether I'm set to .50 or 1.85 on the slider. All my testing is done with Journey Mode chars and worlds, fwiw; I have no others to test with anymore.

Hope this helps narrow things down! :)

Last edited:
Man, you're fast! You've identified bugs before I can report them, and replying to posts before I can try to sneak in ninja edits! haha

Just in case it's relevant, though, I tried to offer a bit more useful info to that last post. My edit seems to have been made after your reply, in case you missed it. Dunno if my shots in the dark help or not anyway, but there they are :p

Thanks for the explanation on the Omnipatcher stuff, that all makes perfect sense. I'll be a bit more bold in my tinkering! What's the worst that could happen?! *nervous chuckle*

Great! Seems to have worked, thanks for getting the fix out so quickly - biome spread successfully eliminated.

Does this tweak also disable the random chance of a new block of corruption/crimson/hallow on destroying demon altars? No way for me to easily test that on my end.

Would a tweak to prevent Antlion projectiles from creating sand blocks be feasible?

Now that deserts are more beautiful (and now that 10x spawning rate is a thing, super fun on classic difficulty btw) these little jerks spitting sand all over the place is an annoyance I could do without!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom