THIS THREAD IS RETIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
why inst work with external modify?
I remember in 1.3 and 1.2 working in externally modified.
1590133917658.png

I know removing the happiness mechanic was already on your list, so I'm looking forward to that, but it would be great if you could also make pylons work whether NPCs are near them or not.

Hello.

Back again to probably be a thorn, but my first attempt with trying to permapatch the game (I know, frowned upon... but I'm vain like that, and those few seconds saved at every startup can be precious to me, I guess) after version 2.2.1403.1, yielded apparently an error, that Omnipatcher tweaks could not be applied. TTApplicator mentioned "Tweak ID: 3100" failing to be applied.

Note here, I did not know that ID 3100 referred to the Omnipatcher, but since the first thing that I noticed upon loading the patched executable, was that my item tweaks were not applied, I only assumed such. The log file seems to check out with this observation.

I altered no tweaks in my tweaklist, as I had previously posted it in the thread, for this run. Meaning that, the previous versions of TT2, although technically incompatible, did not have this error.

I bundled my tweak list anew, with the corresponding TTApplication log for the failed permapatch attempt, in the attached .zip file.

Hope it is of help, and thanks much for the awesome stuff.

Attachments

• bugreport.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 65
: (

My PC power was interrupted during the Tweak & Launch phase, and now I see this when trying to go about things as normal.

I tried reinstalling Terraria, TT2, and "Repair" option on XNA Framework, but I'm not sure what I'm meant to do... Can I get a little help, please?

Capture.JPG

: (

My PC power was interrupted during the Tweak & Launch phase, and now I see this when trying to go about things as normal.

I tried reinstalling Terraria, TT2, and "Repair" option on XNA Framework, but I'm not sure what I'm meant to do... Can I get a little help, please?

View attachment 272968
I'm going to suggest something but maybe do not try it unless you hear from TiberiumFusion himself first, because I have a feeling that my method might be a bit overkill.

Open up Windows Explorer, and in its address bar, try typing %AppData%\Terraria Tweaker 2 . This should land you in TT2's config files, which I believe do not get uninstalled when you uninstall TT2 (though I may be wrong with this, since I only ever used the standalone version). So if these got messed up during the power cut, it maybe your saving grace.

Anyway, in this directory, take all items except the Tweak Lists folder (so you keep your tweak lists intact, which should be what basically matters for you), and move all those items somewhere else. Deleting them would have the same effect, since the point is to make TT2 not see them anymore, but then it'd be a pain or nigh-impossible to get them back, if something goes wrong.

So once that's done, the only remaining item in this directory should be Tweak Lists.

At this point, you could reinstall TT2 again, and then run it, and see if it changes anything.

Lastly, though you did say that you tried to reinstall Terraria, you could try verifying its files just in case (it'll take no more than a few seconds, usually), mainly to make sure that the executable is vanilla. The XNA redist files shouldn't have any issues either.

Good luck, dude.

I'm going to suggest something but maybe do not try it unless you hear from TiberiumFusion himself first, because I have a feeling that my method might be a bit overkill.

Open up Windows Explorer, and in its address bar, try typing %AppData%\Terraria Tweaker 2 . This should land you in TT2's config files, which I believe do not get uninstalled when you uninstall TT2 (though I may be wrong with this, since I only ever used the standalone version). So if these got messed up during the power cut, it maybe your saving grace.

Anyway, in this directory, take all items except the Tweak Lists folder (so you keep your tweak lists intact, which should be what basically matters for you), and move all those items somewhere else. Deleting them would have the same effect, since the point is to make TT2 not see them anymore, but then it'd be a pain or nigh-impossible to get them back, if something goes wrong.

So once that's done, the only remaining item in this directory should be Tweak Lists.

At this point, you could reinstall TT2 again, and then run it, and see if it changes anything.

Lastly, though you did say that you tried to reinstall Terraria, you could try verifying its files just in case (it'll take no more than a few seconds, usually), mainly to make sure that the executable is vanilla. The XNA redist files shouldn't have any issues either.

Good luck, dude.
Hey, thanks for trying to help! I appreciate it : )

Unfortunately, upon simply running the uninstall.exe for TT2, that didn't fix things for me. So after re and un installing again (to double check I guess?), I did pretty much what you suggested; I deleted the entire TT2 folder and everything in it (after backing up my tweak list elsewhere).

So (as far as I can know, being only a half step above tech-illiterate) I should have everything for TT2 fresh, new, and pristine.

Didn't work : (

So I tried to Verify Terraria via Steam, and it said 1 file needed to be redownloaded. Did that, yet every time I try this, it still fails to verify afterward, and says 1 file is going to be redownloaded. Uninstalled and completely removed Terraria (all files/saves) from my computer, again hoping a "totally clean" install would fix it somehow. Thank goodness that Terraria is such a lightweight game to download.

Nope, same results. 1 file always fails, and redownloads. Even after fresh install. TT2 still has same error process. :' (

I should note, launching vanilla Terraria via Steam works without any issue. Not sure what the deal is.

Hey, thanks for trying to help! I appreciate it : )

Unfortunately, upon simply running the uninstall.exe for TT2, that didn't fix things for me. So after re and un installing again (to double check I guess?), I did pretty much what you suggested; I deleted the entire TT2 folder and everything in it (after backing up my tweak list elsewhere).

So (as far as I can know, being only a half step above tech-illiterate) I should have everything for TT2 fresh, new, and pristine.

Didn't work : (

So I tried to Verify Terraria via Steam, and it said 1 file needed to be redownloaded. Did that, yet every time I try this, it still fails to verify afterward, and says 1 file is going to be redownloaded. Uninstalled and completely removed Terraria (all files/saves) from my computer, again hoping a "totally clean" install would fix it somehow. Thank goodness that Terraria is such a lightweight game to download.

Nope, same results. 1 file always fails, and redownloads. Even after fresh install. TT2 still has same error process. :' (

I should note, launching vanilla Terraria via Steam works without any issue. Not sure what the deal is.
I think I remember something like this in the earlier days of TT2. Maybe even I had it, but I can't recall it.

Final input I have, is that, that one file that keeps failing to verify, is a normal thing to happen. But my knowledge ends here.

Hopefully it gets resolved either through TiberiumFusion's or someone else's help. 👍

I think I remember something like this in the earlier days of TT2. Maybe even I had it, but I can't recall it.

Final input I have, is that, that one file that keeps failing to verify, is a normal thing to happen. But my knowledge ends here.

Hopefully it gets resolved either through TiberiumFusion's or someone else's help. 👍
Thanks again for the encouraging words. I hope your issue can get resolved soon too!

Nope, same results. 1 file always fails, and redownloads.
I've run into this problem a few times. In my case it was always file permissions, and a simple reboot fixed it, allowing the file verification to finish.

Okay, so I believe I did everything right, but still no dice. Here was my process, in case it's relevant:

• PC was shut down, so I booted it up, went into Steam (which starts up automatically when logging in, if that matters).
  • Verified Terraria (it redownloaded one file that took ~2 seconds again, presumably the one mentioned above), then I fired up vanilla Terraria through Steam.
  • Got into the game, a character, and a world; goofed around in-game for a few minutes, and all seems working normally on Terraria's side of things.
  • Exited Terraria normally (through menus, no force quits or anything), then logged out and shut down Steam normally
  • Restarted Steam
  • Verified Terraria again, same 1-file redownload as above (Did not start up game)
  • Opened TT2, clicked the Dashboard's "Tweak & Launch" button
  • Got the same set of error windows as linked in my last post. : (
Here's my tweak list

Attachments

• New Tweak List.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 70
Meaning I've goofed up something bad on my end when trying to alter items with Omnipatcher? Or something on the technical side of things that hasn't got much to do with me?

U wot?! Are you a wizard?! You figure out problems and identify fixes for things faster than I can describe what's going on to myself in my own head. haha

Thanks so much for being so responsive on everything, and enduring all my posts. If you decide to run for president or anything, you definitely get my vote! : D

Hey, does this work with the GOG version?

Doesn't look like it. I tried launching and it opened my steam to the terraria page. Even though I have the GOG version.

Creating a patchedterraria.exe gives an error looking for the steamworks.dll. Even though the original exe is a GOG version.

Hey I am a new to this tool and was wondering if it is possible to enable Expert and Master Mode items in a Classic Mode playthrough? I really like some of the new pets and mounts but not quite ready to play Master mode yet.

Hey I am a new to this tool and was wondering if it is possible to enable Expert and Master Mode items in a Classic Mode playthrough? I really like some of the new pets and mounts but not quite ready to play Master mode yet.
Seconding this suggestion. I've never liked expert mode, and now I like master mode even less. I'm having a much better time using Power Scale to make classic mode harder, but now there's a stupid amount of content that I'm not allowed to touch because I find expert/master overbearing.

Ideally, this tweak would have checkboxes for granular control of expert/master features (like allowing the use of the extra accessory slots while still needing to use the Demon Heart, or enabling progression-based enemy stat scaling), but I'd be happy if all it did was unrestrict the drops and treasure bags.

Quick questions, since I couldn't find anything via search, is this Open Source? And is this *only* with Steam Terraria or would this work with GOG too?

Quick questions, since I couldn't find anything via search, is this Open Source? And is this *only* with Steam Terraria or would this work with GOG too?
There was a conversation on whether it supports the GOG version or not, TiberiumFusion contributed some suggestions to it which seem to make sense that it should work without a hiccup, but the guy who originally asked about this, hasn't come back with results yet.

And I think this is a closed-source project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom