THIS THREAD IS RETIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
This update did indeed resolve whatever issue I was having during the patching process! Thanks much! : )
I'm still blown away at how fast you can make updates.

BTW, I'm unable to get updates through TT2 itself; I repeatedly get the "timout" (typo in the error message) saying my internet or the server might be at fault. This was the case for the last two updates I tried this way. Not sure if it is indeed my internet or not (it's slow, but everything works).

I ended up just downloading the installer from the OP both times, and that works easily enough. Just thought it might be worth a mention.

BTW, I'm unable to get updates through TT2 itself; I repeatedly get the "timout" (typo in the error message) saying my internet or the server might be at fault. This was the case for the last two updates I tried this way. Not sure if it is indeed my internet or not (it's slow, but everything works).

I ended up just downloading the installer from the OP both times, and that works easily enough. Just thought it might be worth a mention.
Yeah, had similar experiences to this. I figured it was mostly down to various Windows permissions, or Windows Firewall, being poopheads. When allowing TT2 explicitly, and manually, through Windows Firewall and stuff, it updated flawlessly.
I think this behavior is sort of the nature of Windows' being a bit of a security nut for unsigned executables, I guess. Not unwarranted, or for the wrong reasons, but in this case it's a bit of a nuisance for sure.
Long story short, I still prefer manually updating the tool.

Well in this case they didn't. The 1.4.0.3 patch notes said "removed bad torch luck", not removed luck entirely. It can only ever be good now. Which you know, is the f***ing way it maybe should have been to start.

Are there tweaks for removing the other player-unfriendly changes they made? Meteors can't spawn before Brain/Eater is dead, Reaver Shark back to 100%, fishing crates works the way it did before, etc.?

Well in this case they didn't. The 1.4.0.3 patch notes said "removed bad torch luck", not removed luck entirely. It can only ever be good now. Which you know, is the f***ing way it maybe should have been to start.

Are there tweaks for removing the other player-unfriendly changes they made? Meteors can't spawn before Brain/Eater is dead, Reaver Shark back to 100%, fishing crates works the way it did before, etc.?
You could fix up Reaver Shark with an Omnipatcher tweak. Its Item ID is 2341.

Unless I misunderstood what TiberiumFusion said, the torches do still provide bad luck. They just can't create negative luck, on their own. But (and here's the key difference, if I'm understanding TF's assertions right) the "wrong" torches can still detract from any other good luck that you might have. Which kind of sucks... So the tweak addresses that.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong!)

Last edited:
Ah, so it looks like it wasn't removed entirely. Big surprise! I guess I'll just be using the luck removal thing so I can actually play the ****ing game the way I always have.

edit: Hmm. I seem to have an issue with combat accessories being always on. I have Cross Necklace, Putrid Scent and Shark Tooth Necklace always on, but when I enable that set of tweaks, it seems to drastically improve my damage output. I'd prefer not to have that happen, can you look into it?

Last edited:
Feature suggestions! :rslime:

"Functional Social Slots - Armor" & "FSS - Accessories" being separate tweaks. I'd like to be able to wear accessories for actual vanity (no stats) sometimes, while still being able to equip two sets of functional armor. And vice versa. Or both.

Omnipatcher ... add item "Name" field & "Tooltip(?)" field. Unless there's a reason Omnipatcher already doesn't allow editing the names and flavor text of items, I'd like that capability. For clarification on "Tooltip", an item like Arkhalis (wiki page link) has the flavor text 'I didn't get this off of a Schmoo' and the wiki references that field as "Tooltip". Being able to alter these would be a neat way to make semi "custom" items, with (hopefully) little work on your side, TiberiumFusion. If there's already an existing way to do this, I'm unaware of it.

Critters/Enemies Only Be kinda neat to be able to toggle only having Critters or Enemies spawn in, I think. As it stands, the Journey mode spawning controls only affect all entity spawns equally.

Gravity Adjuster No idea how feasible this one is, but I was thinking about applying the low-gravity effect that you get at Space height to an entire world. Or just being able to adjust global gravity in general. Seems fun.

That's what I got for now. I hope these are reasonable suggestions; I hate not knowing whether my requests are more "that's cool and won't take long" or "that's a 400+ hour project that would require rewriting a third of the game's code" : P

I thought I remembered having that ability, but since that was years ago now was unsure. Bummer. Guess I need to add Redigit to the list of people to mildly haunt for a few days when I die : P

Thanks for considering the rest of my suggestions! May they prove worth the time it takes to do them, or scrapped ruthlessly like unwanted Angel Statues! : )

Minor, display-only bug: with the social slots restored to their earlier function, storing accessories even if they don't have a visual, all items have that "Can be worn in vanity slots" text, including weapons and flower pots. It doesn't seem to harm anything, but I just thought I should report it anyway. Thanks for fixing that! `:happy:

They did change accessories in 1.4, now only accessopries that have a visual change on the character can be worn in those slots. Yeah, no more quick-switrching accerssories, just another of the player unfriendly " middle fingers they gave us. Just another way to say "you do it the way we tell you to". My best guess is that whatever makes those accessories usable has the text associated with it, and so since every item is now being made wearable in those slots, every item has the text.

I really do not mean to sound impatient or ungrateful but is a compatible update on the horizon tonight by any chance?

Not for me it doesn't, it forces into 1.4.0.3 and when I start a server I get this:

https://i.imgur.com/WqdsH6n.png

The problem is I am the server.... wanted to play with a friend so we could avoid the torch luck stuff, but that's what I get.

edit: Wait a minute, I just tried vanilla and it still says 1.4.0.3, but I got an update at 1:30 this afternoon.... and I still get the server error thing. Always breaking something with this game....

edit 2: Okay I had to go scorched earth on this and uninstall the game, delete every trace from my steam folder, and reinstall it. That worked! Of course I missed out on a day of getting to play it with my friendf because a simple f***ing update can't install properly, but you know, I'm not annoyed about that at AAAAAALLLL. F***ing hell, just leave the damn game alone already...

edit 3: Ah crap, until they add the vanity contest winner, there's always going to be at least one more update to screw around with stuff like this tool. great.

Last edited:
I got bit by a similar issue this morning. It looks like it happened because TT2 assumes that Terraria will always be up-to-date at the moment of launch, and doesn't take into account that an update can be queued for installation but not yet installed.

This morning that exact scenario happened; I launched Terraria through TT2 not noticing that there was an update queued in Steam. After TT2 did its thing, Steam then downloaded the Terraria update, overwriting the tweaked version of Terraria, so when it loaded I found myself in vanilla Terraria 1.4.0.4. I then quit, and TT2 reverted that version (which it still naively thought was a tweaked 1.4.0.3) back to the vanilla 1.4.0.3 it had backed up. This caused subsequent launches to be 1.4.0.3 and not 1.4.0.4, which prevented me from loading my characters and worlds as they had already been accessed by a future version of Terraria. This persisted until I validated the Terraria install through Steam.

So, in case this can't be fixed: always check Steam to make sure there isn't an update waiting before you run TT2!

Terraria WAS updated when I tried launching TT2 though. It still gave me 1.4.0.3. Then I tried vanilla and I STILL got 1.4.0.3... despite the fact it had already launched the update. I had to jump through all those hoops to fix it.

I did get it up and running though, finally. Don't mind earlier, I was just b****ing and annoyed. And when I do that I vent and rant. Just weather the storm,. and it passes. lol. It works now so all is fine.

It did bring up that dialog. It just did it after TT2 had patched the .exe. Was it supposed to do this before the patching happened?

are you sure that is not an issue? That is exactly what happened with me. An update to 1.4.0.4 was queued but I didn't notice until I launched with TT2. It went onto 1.4.0.3 and then even vanilla would load 1.4.0.3 for me. It took reinstalling the game to get it to update correctly to 1.4.0.4.

You might wanna double check that, because I can confirm what he is saying.

Worked fine on my GOG 1.4.0.3 after that. Both launching from the main program and creating a permanently patched version. Although on the patched version it gives me an error aabout harmony items, I do not know what those are but will test what I have added and if I find one that doesn't work I can try to do it through the program.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom