THIS THREAD IS RETIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have issues trying to compile with a regular error ("Line 73? error CS0122: 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers' is inaccessible due to its protection level.") on the first attempt to compile, and then the weird "System.Attribute" error until I restart the tweaker so I can't compile it period. Was trying to make a quick little suicide button with custom text for the fun of it. Please don't be afraid to tell me why I'm an idiot.

Attachments

• Suicide.cs
    3.6 KB · Views: 103
Okay now fixed because it was "HHelpers" not "Helpers" and the code compiles successfully, however now when pressing OemPeriod, nothing occurs.
I admit I'm not experienced with it, but I have messed with it in the past and managed to make something similar work with TerrariaPatcher.

EDIT: I realized I didn't enable it, but it seems to still not have worked.

Last edited:
@deltaone
Thank you! I've never used dlSpy before, so it took me a bit to figure out how to make those changes but I got it. Pretty sweet program. Thanks for the help!

Okay now fixed because it was "HHelpers" not "Helpers" and the code compiles successfully, however now when pressing OemPeriod, nothing occurs.
I admit I'm not experienced with it, but I have messed with it in the past and managed to make something similar work with TerrariaPatcher.

EDIT: I realized I didn't enable it, but it seems to still not have worked.
Make sure to enable both your plugin and the usage of plugins in your tweak list

Also,
This may have been floating around in the thread lately, but ever since pre 2.3.1405 (plugin update), I've been working on a massive tweaklist (Casually named "Interesting Mod") to somewhat change Terraria. The goal was to "tweak" (pun not intended but sure) some aspects of Terraria so it looks a bit fresh again (Don't get me wrong, Terraria's still great, the point here is to recreate that 'fresh' feeling of playing it for the first time). What I've changed in it was some stuff that we're always used to doing in a vanilla playthrough and just throwing off the player from its routine, causing them to once again improvise it's playstyle to survive (Yeah that description there may look like I'm selling the idea, but it's just necessary to explain stuff). I wouldn't call the 'mod' to be fully fleshed out as a stand-alone mod/Tweaklist, but the Tweaklist can at least "stand up" (analogy not intended but sure) as a functional concept.

The only reason I haven't released it in this post is the plugins that's also in the 'mod'. The big issue here is that some, or as of now most of the plugins are expanded upon the plugins of other plugin authors as well, and I wanted to ask for consent if I could release their respective plugins in the mod. The authors are: @Gaelyte (RecipeHelper) and @Yo-[★]-ur NighTm-[A]-re (Homing Projectiles), as well as @Nancok 's idea (Interchangeable recipes). The initial reason I expanded the mod upon these plugins is because of my lack of complete knowledge for the Terraria assembly, and maybe also for C# in general (not so well with pointers, overloads, or even polymorphism). None of the aforementioned plugins were included for the motive of simply making the mod bigger by simply snatching the authors ideas, the plugins are at some part modified to, at an extent, become unique to the mod itself.
[To the Authors] I hope that we are able to arrange at some kind of agreement or compromise in an event of a conflict, but if you really don't want your plugin/idea to appear at the mod just tell me with a DM. You can also DM me if you want to know details about your specific plugin/idea. (I know this sounds a bit too much to say, but I just want to make this transparent and clear as possible). I hope I'm able to make most of the plugins myself, but as I said, I'm not that good (Currently learning how worldgen and spawn rates work, after that maybe study Tiberium's Complete Weapon example so I could make new items like an actual mod (and probably publish/share a more simpler plugin system to do that)).
I owe the interchangable recipee's idea to imkSushi's mod, as for anyone wanting to use """my plugin""", y'all can pretend it's yours for all i care

Nancok, I don't understand your suggestion
A way of dumping Terraria’s recipes for easy modification with the plugin (specially for using with “ExistingRecipe(result item)” and maybe an example on how a working “replacement” works, for smooth brains like mine)

Nancok, I don't understand your suggestion
From what i got, you can "edit" an existing vanilla recipee, right? but don't the recipees have an specific ID? or do i just specify the item and the plugin finds the recipee for it on itself?
the example refers to a working recipee replacement to see how a working one would look like, like with the default lava charm recipee

From what i got, you can "edit" an existing vanilla recipee, right? but don't the recipees have an specific ID? or do i just specify the item and the plugin finds the recipee for it on itself?
the example refers to a working recipee replacement to see how a working one would look like, like with the default lava charm recipee
As they're always put in the same order, the vanilla recipe sort of have one, but it would be impractical and unusable for the plugin recipes

Hi there, ex- terraria patcher user here. Is there a good way to convert some of the plugins to terraria tweaker? I tried just selecting them after putting the files on the plugins folder, but the program finds some problems and doesn't run them.
I attached one of the plugins as an example

Attachments

• ItemSpawner.cs
    2.5 KB · Views: 124
Hi there, ex- terraria patcher user here. Is there a good way to convert some of the plugins to terraria tweaker? I tried just selecting them after putting the files on the plugins folder, but the program finds some problems and doesn't run them.
I attached one of the plugins as an example
I think it's something to do with your plugin not using the correct methods

As they're always put in the same order, the vanilla recipe sort of have one, but it would be impractical and unusable for the plugin recipes
So the order doesn't matter for the recipee editor? does just calling a certain item targets the correct recipee automatically? cuz some items have more than 1 recipee to obtain

So the order doesn't matter for the recipee editor? does just calling a certain item targets the correct recipee automatically? cuz some items have more than 1 recipee to obtain
The editor (and deleter) will search and edit every recipe having the given result. If there are two recipes like this, it will edit both. If you want to only edit one, you just have to use AddIngredientCondition
Let's say one use wood and the other not, call this method with wood as an argument, only the recipes using wood will be edited

The editor (and deleter) will search and edit every recipe having the given result. If there are two recipes like this, it will edit both. If you want to only edit one, you just have to use AddIngredientCondition
Let's say one use wood and the other not, call this method with wood as an argument, only the recipes using wood will be edited
Ahhh that makes sense now

If I put the tweak “Add Two Extra Accessory Slots”, with the tweaks on the image, my game crash instantly just after booting the game!

edit: btw, sorry for the image quality...

edit2: I think it could more be the game it self, I just checked starting the game without tweak and it crashed...

FinalEdit: in the end it seems it was my resource pack... really sorry to have disturbed...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
I plan on reading through the plugin tutorial/wiki very soon so I can make a few (or maybe 1 combined) plugins, but before I do, could you verify if what i'm wanting to do is possible through the plugin system? I'd feel a lot better knowing it's possible before i start and would have no problem trucking through the learning process.

The functions i'm wanting to implement are:
  1. Hotkey to swap the items from the hotbar with the items from 1 of the inventory rows (ideally the row directly below).
  2. Double press hotbar slot # key to swap the corresponding hotbar item with the item in the inventory that is directly below it.
  3. (similar to the plugin that deltaone already made) Hotkey to swap only armor with it's vanity slots and/or Hotkey to swap only accessories with their vanity slots. Ideally it would not swap items with empty vanity slots. In a perfect world, i'd be able to customize on the fly which items get swapped, but that sounds unlikely or would be just too complicated for me.
  4. And finally, another Hotkey to enable/disable the "Autopause" game setting.
Would greatly appreciate verification on any of these, just off the top of your head. Thanks for reading.

Great! Thanks for the confirmation and additional info. I know you've put a lot of effort into your wiki/tutorials, and I am pretty confident i'll be able to figure things out using it/them. I really appreciate it!

An update to my random bunch of recipees using Gaelyte's plugin (includes the default lava charm recipee made by Gaelyte)
  • Anklet of the Wind: Vine x2 | Rich Mahogany x50 | Leaf Wand > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench
    [*]Life Crystal: Crimtane/Demonite Bar x10 | Shadow Scale/Tissue Sample x3 > Made in any Anvil
    [*]Fisherman's Guide: Atlantic Cod | Salmon | Tuna | Red Snapper | Neon Tetra | Trout | Rock Lobster | Flounder | Bass | Shrimp | (basically every common fish) > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench
    [*]Sextant: Amber: x3 | Glass x2 > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench
    [*]Weather Radio: Cloud x10 | Tin Can > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench
    [*]Paint Sprayer: Toolbelt | Paintbrush | Paint Roller > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench
    [*]Extendo Grip: Toolbelt | Grappling Hook > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench
    [*]Portable Cement Mixer: Toolbelt | Water Bucket | Hardened Sand Wall x400 > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench
    [*]Brick Layer: Toolbelt | Red Brick x200 > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench
    [*]Ruby to Diamond and viceversa > Made in Crystal Ball
    [*]Pain Necklace to Band of Starpower and viceversa > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench
    [*]Dart Rifle to Dart Pistol and viceversa > Made in Crystal Ball
    [*]Chain Guillotine to Fetid Baghnakhs and viceversa > Made in Crystal Ball
    [*]Clinger Staff to Health Drain and viceversa > Made in Crystal Ball
    [*]Putrid Scent to Flesh Knuckles and viceversa > Made in Crystal Ball
    [*]Amber to Glass > Made in Glass Kiln (for no real reason) *UPDATED*
THE NEW RECIPES
  • Brain of Confusion to Worm Scarf and viceversa > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench (thx for the reminder pigman065)
  • Red/Blue/Green/Purple Counterweight: Ash x40 | Red/Blue/Green/Purple Dye > Made in Glass Kiln
  • Shiny Red Balloon: Cloud x50 | Featherfall Potion > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench (because making extra worlds to get a balloon isn't worth it)
  • Cloud in a Bottle: Cloud x60 | Bottle > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench (sucks when the chests refuse to give you one)
  • Tinkerer's Workshop: Iron/Lead Bar x15 | Wood 30 | Silk | Gold Coin x10 > Made in the Workbench (such a big part of progression is locked behind an specific event and NPC, well, i say :red: that, throw some materials and money on a workbench, put on a blindfold and let the fairy goblins do their magic)
  • Hand Warmer: Silk x25 | Living Fire Block x5 > Made in Loom (nobody wants to change their PC's clock just to get this useless thing)
  • Sorcerer/Warrior/Summoner/Ranger Emblem to any other class' Emblem > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench
  • Necromantic Scroll: Book | Soul of Night x30 | Temple Key > Made in a Tombstone (main class accesory locked behind an event, no thank you)
  • Blindfold: Ancient Cloth x25 > Made in Loom (just shortens the dessert grind)
  • Band of Regeneration: Life Crystal | Fallen Star x2 > Made in an Anvil
  • Aglet: Iron/Lead Bar x10 | Chain > Made in an Anvil
  • Water Walking Boots: Water Walking Potion x5 | Hermes Boots > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench (too rare for their worth)
  • Flying Carpet: Silk x30 | Feather x40 > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench
  • Ice Skates: Water Walking Boots | Ice Block x20 | Iron/Lead Bar x4 > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench (same, but also part of a big crafting tree)
  • Living Fire Block: Lava Bucket | Ash x10 > Made in Hellforge (it looks cool)
  • Hermes Boots: Wood Greaves | Acorn x20 | Sunflower x5 > Made in an Anvil :)red: playing without this)
Edit: changed necromantic scroll's recipe to only be craftable after Plantera has been defeated (nobody uses the key anyway)

Attachments

• Recipes.cs
    15.8 KB · Views: 107
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom