THIS THREAD IS RETIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a suggestion that could be useful:
Make all Shroomite Helmets give the same Ranged Damage, rather than Rocket, Arrow or Bullet Damage.

Hey I have a problem, and I don't know if I'm missing something but when I run tt2 on my laptop my antivirus blocks it saying it detected a virus, and i cant find the file it quarantines. im new to tt2 and don't know what's going on, please help if you can!
Hope this screenshot helps, i can provide anything else if you need it

Attachments

• tt2 blocked.png
    tt2 blocked.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 106
Hey I have a problem, and I don't know if I'm missing something but when I run tt2 on my laptop my antivirus blocks it saying it detected a virus, and i cant find the file it quarantines. im new to tt2 and don't know what's going on, please help if you can!
Hope this screenshot helps, i can provide anything else if you need it
Unblock it on your antivirus, it detects TT2's ability to modify EXE files and identifies that as a virus

So I have problems launching the tweaks too, so I will share my list here, I hope it will be of use...

Attachments

• Balanced Powers.txt
    568.8 KB · Views: 107
I just had a careful look at this mod. Well done! There are so many qol modifications. I wonder if you will be able to make an "unfriendly" patcher after 1.4.2 or something, since the game by then would not be updated anymore! Anyways, your mod solves many of my current problems.

For example, in the latest patch the happiness town detection range is increased to 50 tiles. Which means that players have to build houses, towns exactly how the devs envisioned. Me on the other hand, loves big towns, mansions and centralised city. the happiness range modification is godsend, thank you!

BUG: It doesn't launch terraria

It shows on steam that terraria is launching but it stops and the process crashed I suppose.

My Bug Report

Going off of what Alonso007 has said: "Hotkeys seem to mess up the launch mostly." Here is my bug report. I'd like to add to the bug that does crash "Freeze" the assembler when trying to launch Terraria with tweaks that have some form of Hotkey options. I have also found that Classic Gravity Control also freezes the assembler. I don't know if there are many other tweaks that also freeze the assembler like Classic Gravity Control does and not being a hotkey tweak, but I assume there are based on my own analysis of the bug.

Now here is the hard data:
TT2 and TTApp are updated.
Terraria is on 1.4.1.1
Terraria Tweaker v. 2.3.1411.0
TTApplicator version is 1.2.1411.0

Now, I'm not sure if it's just TT2 or of its TTApp that is the problem here but I do have two logs for you from TTApp. One is from when it works with tweaks that include hotkeys and non-hotkey tweaks and the other is from when it crashes with even one of the certain hotkey tweaks.

When it does crash, it waits 30000ms then tries again if I let it continue. Now after the 30 seconds it prompts the "LOOK AT ME THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!" message box with the description for Terraria.exe taking too long to start. It does this perpetually or I can cancel by clicking "Cancel".

In short; some hotkey tweaks work and even one of the wrong hotkey tweaks or any number of random tweaks could break it. If there are other tweaks that have this problem, I have not tested all the tweaks to know-so. However, I have a decent number of tweaks and most are enabled while only a few tweaks freeze the assembler.

Attached are two harmless .txt logs for you to look at. I love your software and I hope you can find a fix fast or maybe revert if that's an option? I cannot wait to see this up and running flawlessly again soon. Keep up the phenomenal work!

Edit (Addition): The last update (I don't have a version number because I auto-updated from it) that I had worked fine. I check it every day, so it has to be the most recent one? Anyway, I hope this bit helps in some way.

Attachments

• Terraria Tweaker 2 assembly - applicator broken When it crashes.txt
    12.3 KB · Views: 190
  • Terraria Tweaker 2 assembly - applicator broken When it works.txt
    12.3 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
As of this TT2 update, my Disable Mushroom Perma-Night plugin was causing the silent-insta-crash to occur 100% of the time. Apparently Terraria/TT2 doesn't like Main.DoDraw being messed with anymore? Either way, here's an update that fixes this. (All I did was change the method being patched from DoDraw to EnsureRenderTargetContent, which is called right before DoDraw)

Attachments

• DisableMushroomPermaNight.cs
    1.4 KB · Views: 120
The weird thing is, my plugin wasn't causing any issues at all when applied to Terraria 1.4.1(.1) using the previous version of TT2 (2.3.1405.1). It was only after updating TT2 to 2.3.1141.0 that my plugin started crashing the game. Not to accuse you of causing this or anything, I just thought that was odd.

Sticking to smaller methods sounds like good practices regardless.

Thank you for making this program for free in your own time, and keeping it up to date as well! The 'unrestricted pylons' tweak no longer crashes the game for me after updating to TT 2.3.1411. However, Terraria 1.4.1.1 seems no longer affected by the 'Nullify/Modify Potion Debuffs' tweak for health potions. The tweak still affects mana sickness, but health potion sickness is still always 60 seconds. I tried the tweak before and after TT 2.3.411, and both as part of my big tweak list and as the only tweak. Let me know if you want any further information from me. No rush on a fix, and thank you again for your work!

Yes, thank you for all you have done and continue to do despite life outside this project. I personally really appreciate this tweaker and the time spent on it.

Now, for TT2 2.3.1405.1, it does seem to fix the hotkey issue. But it seems that Visualize Remaining Chest Space and Remove Pylon Restrictions silently crash TTApp.

Let me know if I can help test any further :)

I am finding the mod works perfectly now except for hotkey based tweaks and plugins they make it crash immediately that was quite painful the test but fun hopefully didn't piss my friends off too much with the pop-up notification on Steam

Last edited:
The weird thing is, my plugin wasn't causing any issues at all when applied to Terraria 1.4.1(.1) using the previous version of TT2 (2.3.1405.1). It was only after updating TT2 to 2.3.1141.0 that my plugin started crashing the game. Not to accuse you of causing this or anything, I just thought that was odd.

Sticking to smaller methods sounds like good practices regardless.
I have yet to upgrade from 2.3.1405.1, and I have not experienced any crashes when using a small number of plugins.

I have frequently experienced the audio bug that others have reported. The audio system "crashes" and I lose the ability to change the music volume. It is possible that the music issue is related to whatever problems are causing crashes in TT2 with the current version. The audio bug has high priority for being fixed so we should find out soon.

This has probably been discussed before, but the game startup is slightly different when music volume is set to zero compared to when it is enabled. See quickSplash in the game code.
The DrawSplash function is hard to follow, but it seems that if the music system throws an exception during loading, then quickSplash can be changed from false to true. The quicksplash codepath relies on splashCounter being set back to 125 if it is between 126 and 200 and _isAsyncLoadComplete is false. If splashCounter gets over 200 before loading is complete it won't check _isAsyncLoadComplete and will run initialization code on partially loaded content.

Disaster scenario:

Start game with music enabled.
splashCounter gets over 200. (Somewhat slow startup?)
Async music loading throws exception.
Caught exception changes musicVolume to zero. (Many bug reports of this happening right now.)
Next call of DrawSplash sets quickSplash from false to true.
splashCounter is now at a higher value than normally possible when quickSplash is enabled.
Initialization code now runs even though _isAsyncLoadComplete is false!
Game in unrecoverable? state continuously firing exceptions and hopefully closes itself quickly.

Technically not a bug since the music system should never be allowed to throw exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom