THIS THREAD IS RETIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terraria isn't launching when TTApplicator modifies the assembly sometimes it does launch but quits the application.

the game does launch if ttapplicator reverts back to the original assembly

Are these crashes not providing callstacks to show where the problems are occuring? I would try launching the game using a debugger such as dnSpy to find out where the crash is happening. A debugger should be able to be attached after the game has already crashed to provide useful information.

I have not received any feedback on the plugin from my earlier post that attempted to improve startup stability. If it was useful please let me know.

Who can make a plugin? The function is to input /dropitem * *, then click on the mouse to drop the item? This is a feature I’ve played before, and it’s fun for multiplayer players.

I understand @TiberiumFusion's reluctance to put together a browser or similar until they figure out a way to ensure the plugins are safe for users. But, if they don't have any objections I could later tonight probably bang together a free wiki of some sort to act as an unofficial repository. I will not do so without the explicit permission of @TiberiumFusion though.

I would include a very prominent disclaimer that "This wiki is unofficial and is not affiliated with TiberiumFusion or Terraria Tweaker. The nature of these plugins can risk your computer being exposed to malware if the plugin was written by a person with malicious intent. The owner of this wiki has no means of screening these files and installing them is done at your own risk."

I am going to be busy for the next few hours, if TiberiumFusion grants permission to do this during that time frame then someone else is free to beat me to this. I want to see more plugins available and I think the risk of them being lost in the thread is likely preventing some people from bothering until there's somewhere to put them so people can be made aware of their existence.

Yo. Um... I keep trying to use various Search functions and user activity and stuff... But this message board isn't returning any newer posts than this from Proxiehunter. (Are they ok? 😥)

So... has this ever gotten to happen? Did anyone else finally do this? I really want to see if some tweaks/plugins I want have been created, and it's just too hard to try and find them on these message boards even with search filters.

Yo. Um... I keep trying to use various Search functions and user activity and stuff... But this message board isn't returning any newer posts than this from Proxiehunter. (Are they ok? 😥)

So... has this ever gotten to happen? Did anyone else finally do this? I really want to see if some tweaks/plugins I want have been created, and it's just too hard to try and find them on these message boards even with search filters.
Sorry to self promote twice in the same day, but did you already check my list? it has all of the plugins in this thread + some more
It's in my signature below

Sorry to self promote twice in the same day, but did you already check my list? it has all of the plugins in this thread + some more
It's in my signature below
Ahh, whoops. The comment was so general that I wasn't sure it was referring to that in particular or not. Thank you very much. Sorry I missed that. 😅

I have this problem every time I launch a new tweaker it says its empty and it only works the first tweaker I made

But when a load up the TT2 again the new tweaker I made is empty only the first one remain

but would it be easy to create a random item that also has to be of a certain rarity?
If you don't want to use modifiers:
  1. Make an empty list of item IDs for each rarity.
  2. Fill the rarity lists:
    1. Create a temporary dummy item.
    2. Call SetDefaults on the dummy item for each item ID. (With code to skip specific items or item types you don't want to generate)
    3. Read the dummy item's rarity and write the dummy item's item ID into the matching rarity list.
  3. When generating a random item of a rarity, pick a random index into the chosen rarity list and spawn the item with that ID.
Weapons can go down one tier or up 2 tiers in rarity depending on the modifier. To do this correctly including weapons with modifiers you would need to also take into account every possible "valid" modifier a weapon can get. If you want to use modifiers, you will need to place a weapon into a rarity list for each rarity that weapon can generate at. When spawning the weapon you need to generate a valid modifier matching the selected rarity tier. You would also have to decide how to adjust the probability distribution to account for the fact that weapons appear in multiple rarity lists, and each rarity of a weapon has a different number of modifiers. You will be 4 times more likely to spawn most weapons if you don't account for the fact that they would appear in multiple rarity lists.

Is the latest version of TT2 compatible to use for 1.4.1.1? I want the tweaks to still be functional amidst the 1.4.1.2 ruckus so I just stuck with 1.4.1.1, but I also don't want to miss out on the newly-released tweaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom