tModLoader Path of Modifiers — Prefix/Suffix System for Items

Is it possible to have multiple rarity colors on one item in tModloader? I think it would be cool to be able to keep vanilla(or modded) item rarity and have affixes in PoM colors. Something like: Legendary Godly Zenith of Frost. Kinda sucks knowing that rarity based on game progression is pretty much gone. And a config option to remove negative rolls would be appreciated.

Anyway, love the idea of the mod. Imagine if everyone played with this and there was a whole trading community around it :D

Last edited:
Hello, I'll start by thanking you for making this fantastic affix system. I've been enjoying it so far since I'm also PoE player that have done quite bit of high end crafting in SSF

Is this mod still subject to updates? If that's the case, let me add some feedback and suggestion
  • I think there's a bug with Wizard only displaying first row of items
  • There are some modifiers that feels underpowered and some other that feels overpowered
    • Defense mod should not give a negative effect. It's a totally detrimental mod that isn't even that rewarding in its highest tier, and kinda useless in Master mode environment
      • Tier 4Tier 3Tier 2Tier 1
        Accessories123-45-6
        Armors234-56-8
      • I know this can be stacked. But now they can be competitive with other prefixes
    • Maximum Minions are way too powerful to be available on all slots. Make this only available on Helmet just like +1/2 level to All Minion Skills in PoE
      • Tier 2/1: +1/2 to Maximum number of Minion
      • Tier 2/1: +1/2 to Maximum number of Sentries
    • Increased Critical Strike chance feels underpowered as it only beats vanilla "+4% to Crit" when you already have 40% crit chance on top tier
      • Make them works additively with each other (ignore this if it already did that)
      • Reword them to "%reduced Critical Strikes chance - %increased Critical Strikes chance"
      • Tier 6Tier 5Tier 4Tier 3Tier 2Tier 1
        -15% Reduced-10% Reduced-5% Reduced5% Increased10% Increased20% Increased
    • Increased Critical Damage doesn't seem to be working. Unless I miss something, they did not do anything to multiply my crit damage. Tested on Eternity+Calamity
      • Or make them do "Increased Damage with Critical Strikes" that adds generic damage bonus, but only on crits. With twice the amount of regular damage increases
    • Reword "%life regen" to clarify if its regeneration based on your max HP or it amplifies your current regeneration rate by that amount
    [*]
  • Suffixes are generally way too powerful and spammy. While it is cool, it procs too often it kinda loses its specialty
    • Remove skill procs on Summon weapons, or disable weapon procs unless it is the one you equips (if possible)
    • Chain Lightning should not ignore Line of Sight and have limited Chaining Range like 10-15 blocks away
    • Fireball projectile speed is kinda too slow. It's hard to land it vs flying enemies
    • I don't know if Mana Damage is supposed to be the filler suffix or not, since it spent way too much mana for simple gains. Same case with Mana Spend on taking damage
      • Rework it to match Archmage mechanic or Mind of the Council one to be a flat damage increases:
        • "Costs #% of Max Mana to deal additional damage based on your #% Max Mana"
    • Rescale chance to inflict Bleed/Poison, because it was an ailment and there's no other way to scale its chance
      • Tier 6
        50%
        Tier 5
        60%
        Tier 4
        70%
        Tier 3
        80%
        Tier 2
        90%
        Tier 1
        100%
    • Reduce the chance to trigger things by half and increase their damage by similar amount to reduce spamming
    [*]
  • Few suggestion on additional affixes from base game and from PoE ideas
    • Prefixes
      • 20-50% increased global damage on Full HP. Works very well paired with Calamity's Adrenaline
      • 5-20 Armor Penetration for Weapons
      • 5-15% Chance to deal Double Damage for Weapons
      [*]
    • Suffixes
      • 10% Chance to gain Arcane Surge/Onslaught/Fortify on hit for 4/6/8/10 seconds
        • Arcane Surge grants 30% increased Mana regen & 10% Magic damage
        • Onslaught grants 20% increased Movement speed & 10% Attack speed
        • Fortify grants 10% less damage taken
      • 10% Chance to gain Power/Frenzy/Endurance charge on Kill for 8/12/16/20 seconds, up to 5 charges
        • Power charges grants +4% to Crit Chance
        • Frenzy charges grants +4% to Damage
        • Endurance charges grants +4% to Damage Reduction
      • Recovery on Kill effects. Can be mitigated to only affect non-statue enemies or with 1 second cooldown
        • 2/3/4/5 HP gain on Kill. Can be percent based
        • 1/2/3 Mana gain on Kill. Can be percent based
      • Enemies you kill have chance to explode, dealing a damage in area around them
        • 20-40% chance to deal 200-400% damage
      • Aura based skill to affect party (or enemies), doesn't stack with same modifier
        • Grants 1-4 HP regen to nearby allies
        • Grants 10-40% Mana regen to nearby allies
        • Grants 10-40% Movement speed to nearby allies
        • Grants 5-20% Damage to nearby allies
        • Grants 5-20 Defense to nearby allies
        • Nearby enemies take 5-10% more damage
        • Nearby enemies deal 5-10% less damage
        • Nearby enemies moves 10-20% slower
    • Keystones
      • Major character altering effects that can be rolled on Body Armors (or Helm or Legs to prevent multiple Keystones from spawning). There's no tiers for Keystones
        • Mind Over Matter
          • 30% of damage is taken from Mana before HP, if it's sufficient
        • Far Shot
          • Deals 20% less damage based on distance, up to 40% more to further target
        • Point Blank
          • Deals 30% more damage based on distance, up to 60% less damage to further target
        • Acrobatics
          • You have no Defenses
          • Increases to Defenses instead grants Dodge chance by half of its value
          • Maximum Dodge chance is 75%
        • Blood Magic
          • 20% more maximum HP
          • Your maximum Mana is 0
          • Spend HP instead of Mana to use items (if this is possible, that would DOPE)
        • Pain Attunement
          • Deals 30% more damage on Low HP
        • Imbalanced Guard
          • Your Defenses is Doubled
          • You can only mitigate up to 50% damage taken
        • Resolute Technique
          • 20% more damage
          • Your Crit Chance is 0%
        [*]

Thank you and good luck on your 3.23 League launch

Increased Critical Strike chance feels underpowered as it only beats vanilla "+4% to Crit" when you already have 40% crit chance on top tier
  • Make them works additively with each other (ignore this if it already did that)
  • Reword them to "%reduced Critical Strikes chance - %increased Critical Strikes chance"
  • Tier 6Tier 5Tier 4Tier 3Tier 2Tier 1
    -15% Reduced-10% Reduced-5% Reduced5% Increased10% Increased20% Increased
What happens if the crit chance of a weapon goes below zero? Will the weapon have a chance of not working?

Cursor disappears when a round, black item appears on screen. Have to reboot tModLoader to fix it. What is it, and what's the problem?

Back
Top Bottom