tModLoader Path of Modifiers — Prefix/Suffix System for Items

Questions for you.

How do you interact wit the modifier forge. I right click on it, but don't see any interface to actually do any modifications. I'm using several mods that may be causing a conflict such as KRPG and Overhaul. Are there any known compatibility issues?

Also, procedural generated weapons from KRPG come out with names like (Just an example) Sapphire staff, procedural generated staff, please ignore of venom.

Anyway you could possibly see about working with the KRPG creator in fixing this when you have the time and inclination to do so?

Well, i have a question too. How does damage per enemy buff/debuff works? Does it count (de)buffs for each enemy and increase our damage only towards that particular enemy or there is smth else?

Well, i have a question too. How does damage per enemy buff/debuff works? Does it count (de)buffs for each enemy and increase our damage only towards that particular enemy or there is smth else?
When you damage an enemy, the damage will be modified by the number of buffs on said enemy.

@Kono

I went through my mods and found that Kalciphoz's RPG Mod (KRPG) is incompatible with your mod. He's modified the inventory so I think that the interface window isn't coming up for your mod.

:(

@Kono

I went through my mods and found that Kalciphoz's RPG Mod (KRPG) is incompatible with your mod. He's modified the inventory so I think that the interface window isn't coming up for your mod.

:(
Sorry, my dude. Compat with game overhauls is never gonna be a priority.

Is it intentional that the effects of the weapon currently equipped is applied, even if the enemy is being hit by a different weapon?

for example, a nimbus rod with lifesteal is cast and damaging enemies, then you swap to a weapon with manasteal, you will get no lifesteal from the nimbus and get manasteal from both.

This same effect works with summons, where you swap to a different weapon and get it's stats instead of what should be on the summons.

Is it intentional that the effects of the weapon currently equipped is applied, even if the enemy is being hit by a different weapon?

for example, a nimbus rod with lifesteal is cast and damaging enemies, then you swap to a weapon with manasteal, you will get no lifesteal from the nimbus and get manasteal from both.

This same effect works with summons, where you swap to a different weapon and get it's stats instead of what should be on the summons.
Not intentional, but a limitation I can't see myself getting around any time soon. Going with a custom system for creating summons and projectiles is beneficial, but breaks mod compat in a big way.

Can you lock some of the modifiers behind bosses / events? It would help balance the mod. For example Shadowflame being locked after beating a goblin invasion in hardmode, cursed inferno and ichor after beating the twins/mechanical bosses etc. It is pretty op to have them prehardmode.

Also maybe add a possibility for mods to add their own prefixes. For example maybe calamity or a modmod for it can add a modifier to inflict brimstone fire(?).

Just some suggestions. I really like the mod.

I may be wrong but it seems that "+X% crit chance" prefix on accessories is technically "+X% of current crit chance" (for example, if you have 20% crit chance, and 5% roll on accessory you will get not 25% but 20+20*0.05=21% crit chance). If its intended then "+X% crit chance" notation is kinda confusing.

I have been playing with this mod for a few days in multiplayer with friends, and it is great but I have a few suggestions to improve the mod

1. Let us craft modifier fragments in stacks of 100 with platinum coins, instead of just stacks of 1 with gold coins
2. Make rare, epic, and legendary items have a minimum amount of prefixes/suffixes. It feels really bad reforging to a legendary for it to only have a suffix with 0 or 1 prefixes.
3. Lifesteal pretty much outclasses all other prefixes and having up to 20% makes the game too easy. Make it maybe 10% max t1 instead of 20 so you don't heal for 50+ per hit lategame

This mod has extremely good potential, and I cant wait for further updates. Are there any plans for different fragments that act like other currencies or essences from PoE?

I have been playing with this mod for a few days in multiplayer with friends, and it is great but I have a few suggestions to improve the mod
This mod has extremely good potential, and I cant wait for further updates.

1. Let us craft modifier fragments in stacks of 100 with platinum coins, instead of just stacks of 1 with gold coins
Current plan is to make fragments drop-only. Maybe a way to buy/craft them later in the game, after a certain milestone/boss. Still debating on the drop-rates and costs of course.
2. Make rare, epic, and legendary items have a minimum amount of prefixes/suffixes. It feels really bad reforging to a legendary for it to only have a suffix with 0 or 1 prefixes.
Probably will. Would it feel better if you could add modifiers to items instead of just rerolling?
3. Lifesteal pretty much outclasses all other prefixes and having up to 20% makes the game too easy. Make it maybe 10% max t1 instead of 20 so you don't heal for 50+ per hit lategame
Oki. I did a pretty terrible job balancing the numbers(read — none), so all feedback is welcome.
Are there any plans for different fragments that act like other currencies or essences from PoE?
Current plan is to make the forge have multiple functions that take different number of fragments each(adding an affix to a rare item would be much cheaper than to a legendary).

Last edited:
Would it feel better if you could add modifiers to items instead of just rerolling?
Of course it would be better to have this as an option. When you're trying to get smth really good by pure rerolling - my gosh, its frustrating. I lost about 30 platinum trying to get at least moderately good mods on my few weapons. Its not like its hard to get 30 plat in hardmode but still...

Lifesteal pretty much outclasses all other prefixes and having up to 20% makes the game too easy. Make it maybe 10% max t1 instead of 20...
Totally agree. I wanted to suggest exactly the same thing this week but apparently forgot about that. 20% lifesteal is just broken, even 10% heals you pretty quick and if you have powerful and fast/multihitting weapon (its razorpine for me now), you can die only if you are taking about 1/3 of your hp per hit or more.

Modifier mods always seem like a neat idea, and I have to say that the core mechanics here are pretty solid.

My suggestions to give this mod more substance would be along the lines of:
  • Completely remove randomization on the mod's modifiers (which we could just call "modifiers")
  • Allow the modifiers to be applied on top of the vanilla modifiers from Tinkerer (which we could call "item quality") to avoid mod conflict
  • Modifiers are instead applied via components crafted at a special workstation
  • Lock "tiers" of generic modifiers behind an upgrade sequence for the workstation
  • Early game - craft a basic workbench to create basic modifiers
  • After Tinkerer - buy an item from him to upgrade your workbench and create higher "tier" modifiers
  • Hardmode - WoF drops an item to upgrade the bench further
  • These are just suggestions for upgrade points, they should be wherever is needed for optimal balance
Since you would instead craft modifier items, these workbench upgrades would primarily balance simple effects (increased drop rate; tool speed; armor damage reduction) which have multiple levels. Effect/debuff upgrades could be locked behind normal game progression due to requiring relevant materials to craft (ie Lifesteal needs Ectoplasm, basic poison needs stingers but more powerful poison needs spider fangs).

Just my opinions, of course, feel free to use any of this or completely disregard them.

I like the idea of locking some modifiers behind some kind of gate, whether it's an upgraded crafting station, hardmode, or just certain boss kills. I dislike the idea of removing the random factor to the modifier creation though. It takes away that ARPG element and takes away the incentive of finding duplicate items. I mean, I might have a decent last prism, but I could potentially get an incredible one.

Furthermore, I think so of the blue modifiers (such as lava-proof as example) should definitely be locked until later game.

For instance, gravitation. This, I feel, should definitely come much later or removed. I realize the effect can be garnered with a potion, but at least potions come in limited quantity and duration early game.

I judge the power of a modification based on how much of the content/features the modifier replaces or makes trivial.

Gravitation does the following:

1. Removes the need to traverse dangerous environments, early game, as soon as you get your first (potentially) accessory.
  2. Give you access to floating island treasure immediately upon acquiring. Such as Star Wrath at the beginning of the game increasing your character power drastically.
  3. Makes grappling hooks, immediately, obsolete.
  4. Removes the threat of falling damage with quick activation (Or by providing access to a horse shoe on a floating island)
  5. Significantly lowers the threat of any monster without a method of attacking a character with a height advantage.
I recalling having thought of some others, but I can't seem to remember what they are at the moment. I think the capability of getting gravitation early game or right at the start of the game is more than should be given. That said, I think mods like well fed, shiny, feather fall, and flipper are all the right power level as they only provide a small advantage rather than major game altering advantages.

I also believe that complete lava-proof is pretty powerful. It makes getting obsidian and hellstone a breeze and completely removes the danger of lava all together. All you have to do early game is dig down to some lava, submerge, and let the mobs kill themselves in the lava and collect the loot. Early inferno is a bit powerful too as it provide a significant amount of constant AoE damage well beyond the capability of a starting character.

Just some things that I'd like you to consider. Currently, I feel that your modification mod is currently the best one available. You have some competition with the revival of even more modifiers, but I think his modifications are drastically underpowered making them a bit negligible in the game play. However, it's quite possible that it will not remain that way.

Modifiers are inheretly overpowered. Removing RNG would go against the entire idea of the mod.

I Agree about certain modifiers being too OP early game. The way I might go about it is to have them have a very small chance to roll before a certain milestone, and a normal chance after.

Have a forge, since I'm posting here.
upload_2018-4-11_8-43-3.png

If we go down the poe currency way, maybe you could add the masters and their benches, doing mini quests for them as they appear randomly in the world, and such lock some modifiers to the masters/their branches.

Back
Top Bottom