tModLoader Path of Modifiers — Prefix/Suffix System for Items

v0.3.0
Added functions to the forge:
Reforge without changing rarity.
Raise Rarity.
Add a random Affix/Prefix/Suffix.
Remove all Affixes+Rarity/Suffix/Prefixes.
Roll affix values without changing the tier.​
Added a minimum amount of affixes that can roll for each rarity.
Changed the way crit chance affix text is displayed for clarity.
All stat affixes are now applied simultaneously per player.
Reduced chance for lifesteal to roll.
Reduced max lifesteal value from 20% to 10%.
Added melee lifesteal prefix.
Bosses always drop fragments.
Bosses drop x10 more fragments than normal enemies.

im thinking about testing this later on but the thing that scares me the most is the Life Steal.. cause if theirs anything thats OP the most..its Lifesteal especially if it happens PER hit

This last update just raised this mode from 7/10 to like 30/10, great job man.

[EDIT] okay it's only 29/10, to achieve 30/10 we need the following recipe :
1 platinum coin = 100 modifier fragments

Last edited:
I would like to suggest, that you make the moddifiers a bit less... strong. i am loving the system, but i feel that things like lifesteal make the game a bit too unfair

v0.3.1
Fixed modifier forge being able to forge when the fragments are not in the forge.
Fixed PVP debuffs not applying correctly.

Getting an error sometimes while reforging that is causing the game to crash. I put the output below. Maybe you'l know what it means. I think it has to do with the "reforge" button specifically, because that seems like the only time the crash is occurring. When I'm doing a full reforge of an item (only have done accessories with the new interface.) Furthermore, I think it may be only when you are clicking the button rapidly.

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at PathOfModifiers.Affixes.TieredAffixHelper.SetTierMultiplier(ITieredStatFloatAffix affix, Single tierMultiplier) in C:\Users\Liburia\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\PathOfModifiers\Affixes\TieredStatAffixHelper.cs:line 28
at PathOfModifiers.Affixes.TieredAffixHelper.RollTierMultiplier(ITieredStatFloatAffix affix) in C:\Users\Liburia\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\PathOfModifiers\Affixes\TieredStatAffixHelper.cs:line 49
at PathOfModifiers.Affixes.TieredAffixHelper.RollValue(ITieredStatFloatAffix affix) in C:\Users\Liburia\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\PathOfModifiers\Affixes\TieredStatAffixHelper.cs:line 40
at PathOfModifiers.Affixes.Prefixes.AccessoryConsumeAmmo.RollValue() in C:\Users\Liburia\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\PathOfModifiers\Affixes\Prefixes\AccessoryConsumeAmmo.cs:line 90
at PathOfModifiers.Affixes.Affix.InitializeItem(PoMItem item) in C:\Users\Liburia\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\PathOfModifiers\Affixes\Affix.cs:line 27
at PathOfModifiers.PoMAffixController.RollNewAffix(PoMItem pomItem, Item item) in C:\Users\Liburia\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\PathOfModifiers\PoMAffixController.cs:line 206
at PathOfModifiers.PoMItem.RollAffixes(Item item) in C:\Users\Liburia\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\PathOfModifiers\PoMItem.cs:line 252
at PathOfModifiers.PoMItem.RerollAffixes(Item item) in C:\Users\Liburia\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\PathOfModifiers\PoMItem.cs:line 236
at PathOfModifiers.Tiles.TEModifierForge.RerollAffixes() in C:\Users\Liburia\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\PathOfModifiers\Tiles\ModifierForge.cs:line 229
at PathOfModifiers.UI.ModifierForgeUI.ForgeButtonClicked(UIMouseEvent evt, UIElement listeningElement) in C:\Users\Liburia\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\PathOfModifiers\UI\ModifierForgeUI.cs:line 324
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Click(UIMouseEvent evt)
at PathOfModifiers.UI.UIPanelButton.Click(UIMouseEvent evt) in C:\Users\Liburia\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\PathOfModifiers\UI\UIPanelButton.cs:line 73
at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.Update(GameTime time)
at PathOfModifiers.PathOfModifiers.UpdateUI(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\Liburia\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\PathOfModifiers\PathOfModifiers.cs:line 116
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModHooks.UpdateUI(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

Here's another bug for you. Rolled T2 +34% life (100% positive it says plus regen rather than negative) regen on a cobalt chest plate. When I put it on, I start taking damage over time. I think it's applying a negative modifier even though it says positive.

Also, impressive with the quick fix on the crashing. Thanks so much!

Here's another bug for you. Rolled T2 +34% life (100% positive it says plus regen rather than negative) regen on a cobalt chest plate. When I put it on, I start taking damage over time. I think it's applying a negative modifier even though it says positive.
Can't replicate. Might be mod compatibility issue.

Last edited:
Can't replicate. Might be mod compatibility issue.

I'll see if I can replicate it and then start narrowing down mods just to isolate it. Noticed that having the T2 regen on a Titanium breastplate didn't have the same effect. It worked properly.

v0.4.0
Certain forge actions are now gated behind boss kills.
Added a close button to the forge UI.
Forge UI can now be moved by dragging anywhere except the buttons.
Added a melee weapon suffix that has a chance to fire fireballs on hit.

v0.4.0
Certain forge actions are now gated behind boss kills.
Added a close button to the forge UI.
Forge UI can now be moved by dragging anywhere except the buttons.
Added a melee weapon suffix that has a chance to fire fireballs on hit.
1 platinum coin for 100 fragments please ?

So I can't seem to replicate the exact effect, but it continues to happen. Specifically when I have a high regen roll on a chest piece. Maybe it has something to do with the total regen? I'm not sure.

v0.5.0
Fragments are now sold by the Wizard instead of crafted. The price is unchanged.
Added weapon Fire Nova on hit suffix.
Added weapon Force Wave on melee hit suffix.
Added weapon Frost Spikes on kill suffix.
Both lifesteal prefixes reduced to 0-2%

So, I just finished a big play through with the overhaul and calamity mod using Path of Modifiers and I'd say it went pretty well overall. The modifiers and forging process give the game a new aspect as far as weapon dynamics and overall combat are concerned. Definitely very enjoyable and a mod that I'll continue to use in the future.

I was playing with DNI upgrade, more accessories, and RPG classes, so my stats were inflated. I cannot give a bare bones evaluation on life steal. Using these mods with Calamity and Overhaul I was able to out heal the damage coming at me, even by bosses with only 1% life steal. I simply plan to avoid life steal on my next play through since I believe the option to use life steal is preferential.

However, and mind you I know nothing of coding or the difficulty thereof in implementing, perhaps instead of making life stealing you could implement a type of low percentage burst heal based on how much life you have rather than how much damage you are dealing? If you have 500 life the burst heal might only heal you for 10 or 20 life with a 5% to 10% activation (Just for an example). While it won't provide enough healing to simply tank any damage coming at you, it would supplement potions and regen and maybe enough to help you win a fight you might not have. Or perhaps even make an modifier with a very low chance of activating called miracle which may only have a 1% activation, but would heal you for an absurd amount of life. You could possibly have the activation rate increase slightly the lower your health is.

Or, alternatively, you could implement a burst of high, in combat, regeneration a la palladium. Of course this is all relying on the overall evaluation of life steals' effectiveness.

The only other thing I would suggest is maybe some toggles for suffix abilities. Such as, you can not utilize the additional slow fall from feather fall by pressing up when you have gravitation. And with gravitation's fluctuating speeds you could suddenly be flung to space when you only meant to float just a little further. Also, I found an always on inferno graphics to sometimes be a hindrance in seeing other game details. Being able to toggle off the visual (Like in Luiafk's mod) would be highly beneficial. Of course, I would say toggles and visuals do not take priority over bug fixes and balancing. Just making the suggestion for future referencing.

I like the mod enough that if you were to make a support banner, I would use it. Thank you for this mod.

So, I just finished a big play through with the overhaul and calamity mod using Path of Modifiers and I'd say it went pretty well overall. The modifiers and forging process give the game a new aspect as far as weapon dynamics and overall combat are concerned. Definitely very enjoyable and a mod that I'll continue to use in the future.

I was playing with DNI upgrade, more accessories, and RPG classes, so my stats were inflated. I cannot give a bare bones evaluation on life steal. Using these mods with Calamity and Overhaul I was able to out heal the damage coming at me, even by bosses with only 1% life steal. I simply plan to avoid life steal on my next play through since I believe the option to use life steal is preferential.

However, and mind you I know nothing of coding or the difficulty thereof in implementing, perhaps instead of making life stealing you could implement a type of low percentage burst heal based on how much life you have rather than how much damage you are dealing? If you have 500 life the burst heal might only heal you for 10 or 20 life with a 5% to 10% activation (Just for an example). While it won't provide enough healing to simply tank any damage coming at you, it would supplement potions and regen and maybe enough to help you win a fight you might not have. Or perhaps even make an modifier with a very low chance of activating called miracle which may only have a 1% activation, but would heal you for an absurd amount of life. You could possibly have the activation rate increase slightly the lower your health is.

Or, alternatively, you could implement a burst of high, in combat, regeneration a la palladium. Of course this is all relying on the overall evaluation of life steals' effectiveness.

The only other thing I would suggest is maybe some toggles for suffix abilities. Such as, you can not utilize the additional slow fall from feather fall by pressing up when you have gravitation. And with gravitation's fluctuating speeds you could suddenly be flung to space when you only meant to float just a little further. Also, I found an always on inferno graphics to sometimes be a hindrance in seeing other game details. Being able to toggle off the visual (Like in Luiafk's mod) would be highly beneficial. Of course, I would say toggles and visuals do not take priority over bug fixes and balancing. Just making the suggestion for future referencing.

I like the mod enough that if you were to make a support banner, I would use it. Thank you for this mod.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.
The lifesteal will be removed or reworked to be conditional. I'll be adding some different life gain suffixes down the road.
I'll think about toggles.
Thanks for the feedback.

And unfortunately I don't have a banner at the moment, but if you want to spread the mod's awareness you could add a simple link akin to the one I have in my signature. I'll leave the text part to you.

Back
Top Bottom