tModLoader pbone's Utilities

Yeeeep, I've dabbled in starbound modding and it is, imho, horrid
As for portables I now have conflicting opinions, some people like it in underworld some like the crafting recipe. Dunno what I'll do, maybe a choice between them? (for context, it was changed to a recipe at the suggestion of someone, I might look into changing it back but having a toggleable recipe)
I'm a sucker for (good/clever use of) worldgen so that instantly got my attention, but if possible yeah I would just add as many config options as you can. People can't complain if they're given the ability to choose what they want right? (something Luiafk obviously won't let you do)

I'm a sucker for (good/clever use of) worldgen so that instantly got my attention, but if possible yeah I would just add as many config options as you can. People can't complain if they're given the ability to choose what they want right? (something Luiafk obviously won't let you do)
Sorry for such a late reply, didn't see the second page!
I'd have to agree, finding something underground is much more wonderful than just crafting it imho, and it's what got me into Terraria initially. I've already got the worldgen re-introduced with a toggleable recipe, you just have to wait for the fabled update ;)

v1.1.0 out! There's finally some items I've been meaning to implement for a while in this, and good bug fixes. Also got some good suggestions from the discord folk, so we have some more misc features and luiafk feature parody. As always, changelog in the main post

v1.1.1 out! As always, changelog on the main post. There's quite a few new things this update, including some NPCs. I'll get around to updating the info on the post tomorrow, I had to release the update at around 2:00 AM for me because issues with mod browser credentials.

v1.1.4 out! Some bug fixes and a clarified cell phone app tooltip, sorry to everyone who was confused by it before. As per usual, changelog on the main post.

Wow, fantastic to see someone tackling such a wide variety of QoL; I haven't seen any mods of this QoL significance since Fargo or LuiAfk (Lui doesn't work on 64 bit tho).
Just going to see if I can throw my desirables here.
Edit: Future Candi did more testing on #3 and realized you already mostly solved it, so disregard that one.

1. Basically the dirt rod from Luiafk; It clears the 300x50 block area above you, and fills the 300x50 blocks below you. I have never found a replacement for this item in any other mod, and it's a large reason why I don't use the 64bit loader. It's so useful for setting up things like event farms without having to blow up a 300x100 area manually, and then placing in blocks below you 1 by 1 to stop the wasted spawns.

2. Kind of niche, but your work on the average boss bag value has me optimistic - Are you able to add a blacklist that prevents coins from dropping? This sounds really weird, but I noticed the only consistent source of lag I get is from looting the coins while killing tons of mobs (basically anything with Lui's Ultimate Battler effect on)... I came to this conclusion after using various magnet mods and the lag starts as soon as the coins start being added to your inventory/bank. Turning the magnets off and killing as normal results in 0 lag. The lag issues exist even when using the void piggy.
* (Note, this isn't the same as the autotrash mod; That mod erases them on pickup, I'm suggesting instead for a mod that removes them entirely so they never drop to begin with)

3. A separate inventory item (like the alchemist bag from Portable Storage 2) or combination potion (like from Luiafk) that your mod is able to detect potions in for the purposes of the infinite potion option. Heck maybe even a chest or something.
* (small note, the alchemist bag from portable storage doesn't get read. Totally understandable since its a random 3rd party mod, just mentioning it though in case you wanted a reference item)
This note still true, but mostly irrelevant.
After testing, it seems like it checks your piggy bank for potions; so a separate storage probably isn't necessary. It'd be nice just so your bank isn't cluttered but is by no means needed.

But seriously, great work on this. I'm 100% going to be using this on my future playthroughs.

Wow, fantastic to see someone tackling such a wide variety of QoL; I haven't seen any mods of this QoL significance since Fargo or LuiAfk (Lui doesn't work on 64 bit tho).
Just going to see if I can throw my desirables here.
Edit: Future Candi did more testing on #3 and realized you already mostly solved it, so disregard that one.

1. Basically the dirt rod from Luiafk; It clears the 300x50 block area above you, and fills the 300x50 blocks below you. I have never found a replacement for this item in any other mod, and it's a large reason why I don't use the 64bit loader. It's so useful for setting up things like event farms without having to blow up a 300x100 area manually, and then placing in blocks below you 1 by 1 to stop the wasted spawns.

2. Kind of niche, but your work on the average boss bag value has me optimistic - Are you able to add a blacklist that prevents coins from dropping? This sounds really weird, but I noticed the only consistent source of lag I get is from looting the coins while killing tons of mobs (basically anything with Lui's Ultimate Battler effect on)... I came to this conclusion after using various magnet mods and the lag starts as soon as the coins start being added to your inventory/bank. Turning the magnets off and killing as normal results in 0 lag. The lag issues exist even when using the void piggy.
* (Note, this isn't the same as the autotrash mod; That mod erases them on pickup, I'm suggesting instead for a mod that removes them entirely so they never drop to begin with)

3. A separate inventory item (like the alchemist bag from Portable Storage 2) or combination potion (like from Luiafk) that your mod is able to detect potions in for the purposes of the infinite potion option. Heck maybe even a chest or something.
* (small note, the alchemist bag from portable storage doesn't get read. Totally understandable since its a random 3rd party mod, just mentioning it though in case you wanted a reference item)
This note still true, but mostly irrelevant.
After testing, it seems like it checks your piggy bank for potions; so a separate storage probably isn't necessary. It'd be nice just so your bank isn't cluttered but is by no means needed.

But seriously, great work on this. I'm 100% going to be using this on my future playthroughs.
Thanks for all your feedback! Opinions are super important for any kind of development, and these help a lot.

1. Some item for large scale terraforming would be great to have, I'll consider it for sure.
2. That shouldn't be too hard to do, also a great idea.
3. It not only works in your piggybank, but also in your safe and defenders forge. Combination potions for vanilla is possible, perhaps a bag (item slots are kinda hell to work with in this game unfortunately though). Something else though: endless potions supports hamstar's Extensible Inventory, so you can add a page in your inventory and dedicate it entirely to potions.

Thanks for all your feedback! Opinions are super important for any kind of development, and these help a lot.

1. Some item for large scale terraforming would be great to have, I'll consider it for sure.
2. That shouldn't be too hard to do, also a great idea.
3. It not only works in your piggybank, but also in your safe and defenders forge. Combination potions for vanilla is possible, perhaps a bag (item slots are kinda hell to work with in this game unfortunately though). Something else though: endless potions supports hamstar's Extensible Inventory, so you can add a page in your inventory and dedicate it entirely to potions.
Wholly molly, it works with extensible inventory!? That is insanity!
You really are ahead of the game on this one.

Thank you so much!

Wanted to let you know that the preparation station is not working, when you right click on it to add the buff it disappears immediatly, also i cant check the change log, says page doesn't exist :D

(main mod list is calamity, thorium, alchemist npc, magic storage extra, and a couple of other small mods that change specific things that were in 1.4 and ui (example boss checklist))

Wanted to let you know that the preparation station is not working, when you right click on it to add the buff it disappears immediatly, also i cant check the change log, says page doesn't exist :D

(main mod list is calamity, thorium, alchemist npc, magic storage extra, and a couple of other small mods that change specific things that were in 1.4 and ui (example boss checklist))
I'll fix the change log link, forgot to change it after I changed some file structure on the GitHub. Do you have the blockswap mod, by any chance?

actually i do, is that the cause? anything i can send you that could help?

(didnt think a block swap would effect buffs >< )

actually i do, is that the cause? anything i can send you that could help?

(didnt think a block swap would effect buffs >< )
Blockswap can cause some weird things with blocks, but I tested it myself and it still worked fine. To pinpoint the issue, I'd recommend first making a new character and trying to use it. If that works, it's probably an accessory or other piece of equipment on your old character that causes the issue, and you can take them off 1 by 1 until it works and you figure out what caused it.
If it doesn't work with a new character, then i'd recommend: disabling all mods except pbone's Utilities, taking the same new character into a new world (DO NOT use your old world, if you change a mod list during a playthrough it can mess up walls), and enabling your mods one by one until you find which one causes the buff to not work. It's time consuming, but troubleshooting cross-mod issue isn't exactly easy.

k i will do that tonight, and let you know my findings

Update: ok,
1) i tested new character in old world with all mods, buff goes on and immediately disappears

2) started new character with no mods logged onto old world to grab preparation station from chest at spawn point, made a new world with no mods, tried station, worked fine

3) went through the whole list of mods and it worked all the way through, so after all the mods loaded and worked i figured i would try old character on new test world, and the buff worked fine on the old character (with all equipment i was using when it didnt work)

4) thinking it might have fixed itself re-loading all the mods (i know sometimes some coding depends on how you load it and vice versa) took old and new character on old world and buff would not work (it would flash on and immediately disappear)

conclusion: apparently it is something on my old world..... but cant figure out what it could be, because my old character brought over all of his potions and other buffs to the new world and it worked...... is there anything else you would like me to try to pin point what it is? (yes i can start a new world and continue, but figured it would be good to try to pin point whats causing it.)

ok figured it out, it just happens to be my own forgetfulness and alchemist npc, alchemist npc has a antibuff mode which is suppose to remove potion buffs, well it seems to remove any buffs with a timer instead of just potions, so i didnt think it included station buffs but it removes them. sorry i mistook it as an actual issue when it was just my forgetfulness and also the alchemist npcs wiki's miss type on it only removing potion buffs, i made an edit on the alchemist npc's wiki to state that it includes any buffs with a timer and also made a comment on it that says the same.

sorry for the confusion and misunderstanding i may have caused.

Last edited:
Thank you for making this mod, pbone. This mod is great!
While I was using it, I noticed the Miner and Mysterious Trader's sprites will a little messed up/incomplete. So, I fixed them/completed them:

The sprites were based off of the Merchant (as seen with the animationType). Here were the changes I made to the sprites:

Miner:
  • Moved the idle and falling frames down one pixel (Currently it looks like he is bobbing up and down when he talks because it was one pixel too high.)
  • Changed a black pixel on the falling frame to match the pants color
  • Created hand shaking frames
  • Created open mouth and closed eye frames
Mysterious Trader:
  • Shifted every frame back one pixel (To match the location of the Merchant)
  • Fixed some parts of the falling frame which wasn't at 100% opacity
  • Created sitting frame (The 1.4 sitting "sprites" for the Cultist Set reuse the falling frame's legs, so that's what I based this one)
  • Created "closed" eye frame
  • Made the "first" attacking frame actually the first attacking frame
  • Created a new second attacking frame
Feel free to edit them of course. I would make a PR with these changes but I don't know how to do that.
Miner_new.png
MysteriousTrader_new.png
Side note: the Mysterious Trader's attack looks odd in game. I think it is only using the first two attacking frames instead of all four.

Also, could there be an item that combines the Money Trough, Petrified Safe, and Defender's Crystal into one? It would spawn all three when used.

Thank you for making this mod, pbone. This mod is great!
While I was using it, I noticed the Miner and Mysterious Trader's sprites will a little messed up/incomplete. So, I fixed them/completed them:

The sprites were based off of the Merchant (as seen with the animationType). Here were the changes I made to the sprites:

Miner:
  • Moved the idle and falling frames down one pixel (Currently it looks like he is bobbing up and down when he talks because it was one pixel too high.)
  • Changed a black pixel on the falling frame to match the pants color
  • Created open mouth and closed eye frames
Mysterious Trader:
  • Shifted every frame back one pixel (To match the location of the Merchant)
  • Fixed some parts of the falling frame which wasn't at 100% opacity
  • Created sitting frame (The 1.4 sitting "sprites" for the Cultist Set reuse the falling frame's legs, so that's what I based this one)
  • Created "closed" eye frame
  • Made the "first" attacking frame actually the first attacking frame
  • Created a new second attacking frame
Feel free to edit them of course. I would make a PR with these changes but I don't know how to do that.
Side note: the Mysterious Trader's attack looks odd in game. I think it is only using the first two attacking frames instead of all four.

Also, could there be an item that combines the Money Trough, Petrified Safe, and Defender's Crystal into one? It would spawn all three when used.
Wow, thanks for the fixes! As for the attack, that might be because it's sheeted for a melee attack but uses a magic attack. Combination storage item sounds like a great idea too. Thanks!

Does this mod have anything similar to the unlimited buff combinations and unlimited fishing rods from LuiAFK? Those are basically a necessity for me when playing modded, I've gotten that used to them. I'm looking for a drop-in replacement for Lui since it's started accumulating some breakage due to tML updates over time and stuff (like unlimited fishing rods bursting out into like 50 bobbers), but I've yet to find a replacement for the buff combos and fishing rods.

Does this mod have anything similar to the unlimited buff combinations and unlimited fishing rods from LuiAFK? Those are basically a necessity for me when playing modded, I've gotten that used to them. I'm looking for a drop-in replacement for Lui since it's started accumulating some breakage due to tML updates over time and stuff (like unlimited fishing rods bursting out into like 50 bobbers), but I've yet to find a replacement for the buff combos and fishing rods.
No unlimited fishing rods, but you can enable infinite buffs at a certain potion amount (ie, if you have 30 swiftness potions, you have infinite swiftness), and you can store them in your piggy bank, safe, or defenders forge. Also note what I said before about extensible inventory: you can download extensible inventory and dedicate an inventory page to endless potions.

This mod looks really nice, and will probably be the go-to if luiafk dies when the tmodloader 1.4 update happens eventually. But I have one question on that note. Are there any plans to replicate the instant hellbridge, instant npc prison, instant hellevator and instant arena platform builders from luiafk?

Anyway, keep up the good work and I hope that this will become a popular mod to take luiafks place in the world since it has been long abandon

Back
Top Bottom