PC 1.3.1.1 Hotfix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there might be a problem on GOG. I got the notice that there was an update (the little "1" next to Account, and blue dot on Terraria), but it appears to be exactly the same file.

@ManaUser, according to the response we received, GOG has not updated at this time, and it should go through tonight or tomorrow. As for why you still have the update notification, it may be the prompt from the initial 1.3.1 release and just hasn't been cleared yet. :)

Good news, It actually looks like GOG just updated to 1.3.1.1 very recently. Based on the date of the game files it was around 20 minutes ago from this post.

Yep! I'm getting the new version now. I'm not sure why it briefly showed an update when their really wasn't. (Normally it clears update notices as soon as you click the game.) But it looks like everything is as it should be currently. Thanks for looking into that.

Last edited:
Another really exciting thing about this hotfix is that this means that they're now going to start working on 1.3.2. Bring on the desert content!

I haven't encountered any bugs myself.
And minor thing, would the two unobtainable chests that have their sprites in the game files be obtainable at some point? :p
They will be added for sure more later, like in Terraria 1.3.2.
There is more than this for information and I do not want to spoil it.

I didn't expect it to fix this so quickly after my report, but I went ahead and checked anyway for edification. Doesn't fix Hard Mode rain mob triggers in multiplayer. Ice Golems, Angry Nimbus, and presumably rainbow slimes will not spawn in multiplayer without some singleplayer trickery which then causes them to spawn indefinitely. Fresh pic of "Partly Cloudy chance of Ice Golems below". Details in my Ice Golem Bug Report post.
OWgtPPQ.png

Alright so I am using a 144hz monitor with gsync, which frameskip option do I use?

"Off". It's the new setting made just for your situation theoretically. Don't personally have a high end monitor to test how well it works though.

Please tell me they aren't going to release a thousand new patches after this major update... they did that during 1.3 and it killed a lot of mods and ---- (tshock included, for a while). Unless it's Re-Logic's goal to kill Terraria's modding community, I highly advise they don't release six more of these like they did post-1.3

EDIT:
This was a rash opinion, and an ignorant one at that. I understand that. Please do not attack me :p I do NOT think they should stop making updates. It's not their fault that modders don't update their :red:, and I targeted the wrong people.

Last edited:
"Off". It's the new setting made just for your situation theoretically. Don't personally have a high end monitor to test how well it works though.

With frameskip off, some animations run at super speed. The rain, torch fire and the ore sparkle. Didn't include enough to see the ore sparkle well but it is sparkling a lot!

I think the FPS is listed incorrectly. On produces 58 FPS, Subtle produces 63 FPS.

Please tell me they aren't going to release a thousand new patches after this major update... they did that during 1.3 and it killed a lot of mods and :red: (tshock included, for a while). Unless it's Re-Logic's goal to kill Terraria's modding community, I highly advise they don't release six more of these like they did post-1.3
Our goal is to fix bugs and release content?

Please tell me they aren't going to release a thousand new patches after this major update... they did that during 1.3 and it killed a lot of mods and :red: (tshock included, for a while). Unless it's Re-Logic's goal to kill Terraria's modding community, I highly advise they don't release six more of these like they did post-1.3
Um... It's kind of their job to work on the game. Terraria doesn't even have "official" mod support - do you expect them to just leave a bunch of bugs in the main game to benefit the relatively small portion of users who use mods? I'd say stability and new content for the main game is the top priority for, you know, the people who develop the game, instead of doing nothing so that the unofficial mod developers can have less work.

I understand it can be annoying when devs release a bunch of patches quickly that keep breaking mods (that said, I've never used mods for Terraria, specicially), but they have no obligation to keep other people's work functional. That's the mod authors' jobs.

Please tell me they aren't going to release a thousand new patches after this major update... [...] I highly advise they don't release six more of these like they did post-1.3
  1. This has been the norm ever since the game was released. They're call "bugfix" patches. Would you like software working as intended or buggy/broken?
  2. Mods aren't officially supported anyway (though encouraged from what I see). It's on the shoulders of the mod makers to keep up with the game, not Re-Logic's to maintain compatibility for a "feature" they don't officially support (at least not yet, if ever.)
  3. This is probably my own bias speaking, but you seem like the type to complain either way: "Wah! They updated and now everything I use is broken!" vs "Wah! This is broken and buggy and they haven't updated/fixed it!"
  4. Five years. $10 dollars (or cheaper). FREE content updates. Community engagement. All during that 5 year period. Re-Logic's done quite a bit for its community and fandom. You're lucky if big name companies do anything like that for even a few months to a years after a major release (barring massive backlash for truly broken ones).
I've been seeing this a lot lately. (Another big community-driven game I play is Kerbal Space Program.) Why do players act so spoiled and entitled just because they paid money for game? (If that: free content from mod makers and they still whine in the case of KSP.) It's like they need to find something to complain about.

Be glad Terraria gets updates at all since its release and none of them have been paid-content updates/DLC. (Things that used to be called "expansion packs".) Or you know, done in the episodic release manner somewhat popular in the past. (Terraria: Episode 1 - Stranded; Episode 2 - Revenge of the Guide, blah blah.) Full price for "partial" games...

My apologies to the community. Seemingly ungrateful community members has grown to be a pet peeve of mine over the last few years. (I used to be a moderator on an imageboard.)

What's the reason why Player Above won't activate a teleporter? That seems like it would be pretty handy.
Leinfors made a very valid response to the Player Above sensor not triggering teleport, but you can achieve almost the same effect (albeit a more stable 1-way) by placing a player-triggered pressure plate on top of the teleporter. For bi-directional teleports, however, one teleport must have a left-placed plate and the other a right-placed plate. This is to prevent you from accidentally triggering the destination teleport's plate.

Player Above, like all other detection sensors, sends a pulse when active, and another pulse when criteria is no longer valid.

Our goal is to fix bugs and release content?
Yeah, I understand. I'm sorry, I was just a little frustrated still from 1.3. That's the problem with mods and other attachments - the people who make them have a hard time keeping up with the game's progression. Understand that I really appreciate that the game updates and I didn't mean it in that way.

1. This has been the norm ever since the game was released. They're call "bugfix" patches. Would you like software working as intended or buggy/broken?
  2. Mods aren't officially supported anyway (though encouraged from what I see). It's on the shoulders of the mod makers to keep up with the game, not Re-Logic's to maintain compatibility for a "feature" they don't officially support (at least not yet, if ever.)
  3. This is probably my own bias speaking, but you seem like the type to complain either way: "Wah! They updated and now everything I use is broken!" vs "Wah! This is broken and buggy and they haven't updated/fixed it!"
  4. Five years. $10 dollars (or cheaper). FREE content updates. Community engagement. All during that 5 year period. Re-Logic's done quite a bit for its community and fandom. You're lucky if big name companies do anything like that for even a few months to a years after a major release (barring massive backlash for truly broken ones).
I've been seeing this a lot lately. (Another big community-driven game I play is Kerbal Space Program.) Why do players act so spoiled and entitled just because they paid money for game? (If that: free content from mod makers and they still whine in the case of KSP.) It's like they need to find something to complain about.

Be glad Terraria gets updates at all since its release and none of them have been paid-content updates/DLC. (Things that used to be called "expansion packs".) Or you know, done in the episodic release manner somewhat popular in the past. (Terraria: Episode 1 - Stranded; Episode 2 - Revenge of the Guide, blah blah.) Full price for "partial" games...

My apologies to the community. Seemingly ungrateful community members has grown to be a pet peeve of mine over the last few years. (I used to be a moderator on an imageboard.)
Again, I apologize - it was a rash post, and an opinion I had a long time ago that kind of resurfaced. Like I said, I respect Re-Logic and I don't think they should stop making updates to the game - I was just expressing my frustration that the logistics of mods (and their relationship to the game) have flaws. Which isn't the fault of developers in any way. I kinda got mad at the wrong people.

I think the best course of action for modders is to wait until month or so goes by without any updates before they start on anything serious. It's a pretty standard pattern many games follow, Big Content Release --> Multiple Bugfix/Tweak Releases --> Period of No Releases --> Repeat. One just needs to learn to avoid the rapid update phase.

Thanks for all your hard work, Devs!

I was wondering... Why Mechanical Ruler is not a part of The Grand Design, like normal Ruler is? I mean, it's even work in similar way (you just need to have it in your inventory + you can toggle it on/off on the left from your inventory). Maybe you can update The Grand Design recipe to contain Mechanical Ruler in your next hot-fix/patch? Please! :)

P.S. Personal thanks to person who added combo fishing acc (Angler Tackle Bag) I was asking for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom