PC 1.3.1.1 Hotfix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still getting FPS drops on Linux. One box gets a pretty steady 33-43 FPS, with game logic also slowed down. (player movement very slow) Another box stays a bit below 55 FPS, with laggy input and also slowed down game logic.

This is with the 1.3.1.1 GOG version (filename gog_terraria_2.2.0.5.sh)

As an extra, here's the debug output for the box that is around 33 FPS:
Code:
OpenGL Device: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Sandybridge Desktop
OpenGL Driver: 3.0 Mesa 11.2.2
OpenGL Vendor: Intel Open Source Technology Center
MojoShader Profile: glsl120
EXT_swap_control_tear unsupported. Fall back to standard VSync.

Note: I tried all of the different frameskip modes, nearly no difference, game logic was still slowed down on each mode.

Some complain that there may be a new hotfix 1.3.1.2? Breaks some mods? Who cares, as long as we get as big free Terraria as possible. Mod makers must follow the official game and the changes they make, not the other way around. If there are bugs in 1.3.1.1, fix them and release a new hotfix. It happens with all software especially after its been a while since a major release.

How do people find some of these bugs and glitches?
I mean, placing furniture above platform stairs, really?
Do they just do a bunch of random stuff until they find a bug?

Beta testers do some random stuff.
Other people could find it accidentaly.

I can see several situations in which someone could use platform stairs in their house, and place furniture near and around them and discover it happening. A lot of them are discovered completely by accident

Double Duke Fishron

Attachments

• Capture 2016-06-06 12_46_53.png
    Capture 2016-06-06 12_46_53.png
    253.3 KB · Views: 373

With enough people doing things they want to do, eventually people experiment with just about everything. Even so, sometimes bugs go undetected by even the player base for years!

Double Duke Fishron

Could you please provide more details about how this happened? Without knowing the circumstances that led to it, its difficult to know what caused this.

There is sometimes more to it than that, but essentially yes. I've done this for years but I rarely report what I find unless it threatens game integrity.

So, it seems this hotfix is more of a hotbreak for me. At least 2 of my worlds (ones I created recent-ish, up to a month before 1.3.1) now give a "Load Failed!" error with no other explanation. I haven't checked all my worlds but I've tested enough to believe it has something to do with 1.3.1.1. It prompted me to load the backup, but that failed too, and seemingly deletes the backup, since attempting to open the world again after this gives a "No Backup Found" message as well. I tried using a manual backup of the two worlds in question, both the .wld and .bak, but I got the exact same result. The manual backups were from when both worlds were definitely still working, and I played with both worlds just fine up until 1.3.1.1 released.

@thewindmillman, could you upload at least one of these worlds? I believe we know the cause of the issue, but having a secondary test world to confirm it with would be good. :)

Thanks, it definitely did. :) I'll put this into our records of the issue, and make sure it the same issue as the previous one.

If I saw this in my server I'd laugh my :red: off. Good find.

Ps I'm not sure if you're serious, @Leinfors but that world is broken.

The world file functions normally on 1.3.1.0, but ceases to run on 1.3.1.1. The world file itself is, as far as I can tell, completely functional, so its a conflict with the 1.3.1.1 hotfix that is definitely the issue.

I just wanted to make sure I was looking at the same issue as the previous report of this. I didn't want to assume it was, and then it turn out that there are actually two different, unrelated 1.3.1.1 world corruption issues.

Broken worlds? I may have some information to chip in here. 2 of my worlds have received the "Load failed!" message as of the 1.3.1.1 version bugfix. The contents of those worlds are entirely item storage. I'll be willing to provide Re-Logic with both of these world files privately if requested, for the purposes of figuring out what went wrong in the transition between 1.3.1 and 1.3.1.1.

Other worlds of mine seem to be functional, which include but are not limited to item storage worlds.

I have ruled out hard drive corruptions, save data backup corruptions, and potential conflicts with past usages of worlds with TShock and world edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom