PC 1.3.2 Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can start your own via the Party Girl's Party Center
Town NPCs will TRY to avoid falling into cliffs away from their home area
Ironically Cherry just had a tragic accident in the swimming pool.

But the party must go on. She would have wanted it that way.

Huzzah, a new update! I haven't a chance to check out the parties but this is very exciting. I'm also looking forward to using cog walls--no more messing around with copper plating and paint for me!

Are snow blocks fixed so that they meld with dirt blocks again? Pre-1.3, snow melded with bare dirt and not grass. After 1.3 came out, they melded with grass, but not bare dirt. If not, I would be very happy if this could be fixed in the next update. Thank you!

o Terraria Release Date: 16 May, 2011
o You can now use the Sort feature with chests: 20 July, 2016
o Difference: 5 Years, 2 Months, 4 Days

That's 1892 days, one thousand eighthundred ninety two days!
And on -every- -single- day until now you, dear Developers,
1. refused to give us that feature for a game with gazillions of items,
2. apparently never came up with the idea that such feature might be helpful.

Interesting. So, we add a feature that you wanted - the latest in a string of free updates for going on over 5 years - and you find that as a reason to be salty? How, pray tell, did those 3,763 items make their way into Terraria after starting at under 250? We are genuinely sorry to have created the issue that you seem to have had for some time - that we have now solved - by giving everyone free content that multiplied the number of items by more than 15x, while adding new biomes/bosses/enemies/events/progression/etc. Please accept our most sincere apologies for your inconvenience.

I sure will be very careful about buying any of your games in the future,
given that either you have no clue about proper gamedesign or, which would be worse,
intentionally held back on that feature so you can milk your customers.
(to be fair though, it's not like Terraria costs too much, like so many overpriced garbage on steam)

P.S.: Yes, i know, Re-logic... You could not care less if one old geezer won't buy your games,
after all, there's a million kids out there who don't give a damn about such features.

P.P.S: Any comments on this post that are not from the Developers of this
wonderful game (yes, i find it wonderful, i am serious) will be ignored,
so fire away, haters :)

If a $10 game that has added the amount of content that Terraria has - without a single dime being requested from existing owners - NOR the price being increased over time ala Minecraft - is your definition of "milking" our customers, then I have to question your geezer card. I've been around in gaming since the 2600 days, and I've bought a lot of crap and been "milked" by plenty of companies - but THIS? "Love your game, full of features, but you didn't add X on my timeline, so I'm out" - that is the kind of stuff I would lecture my kids about: having a bit of respect and gratitude. We certainly appreciate our customers and community - and to imply otherwise is ignorance of the obvious. Come on man....if you are gonna complain, at least be intellectually honest.

It is a small wonder indeed that such a terribly designed game has sold over 18m units and people often describe it as "the best entertainment value" they have ever seen. No offense, but we will stick to our vision there. ;)

Enjoy whatever company or game that you feel isn't somehow fleecing its customers if you disagree - we will keep on making awesome things for the awesome people that appreciate it. For everyone else, much love to you all from the entire team, and we cannot wait to share what else is in store down the road for Terraria and beyond at Re-Logic. :cool:

When i step on a weighted pressure plate of every color it doesn't actuate the blocks it's wired to
It wouldn't be a teleporter, would it? If it is, this is intentional. It would cause an infinite loop of teleporting back and forth.

i Found a bug, i activated the party event, then i entered in a Expert mode world, and the background still was from the event.

• Town NPCs will TRY to avoid falling into cliffs away from their home area

66893435.jpg

This update surelly is fun, but I found it weird that the npcs does not have a reaction towards the player, on the party...

When i step on a weighted pressure plate of every color it doesn't actuate the blocks it's wired to

Thanks, I managed to replicate the issue, they are indeed broken. Appreciate the report!

I found a bug, i activated the party event, then i entered in a Expert mode world, and the background still was from the event.

I was anticipating this one. Its not a bug so much as a limitation; the way the game handles the events has a bit of a delay that can carry over between worlds. Its an issue we are aware of, not sure how much it can be reduced. :)

Are the party presents purely cosmetic?

Yes, but if you want something just a tad more interactive, try out the Pigronatas!

I was grinding some Planteras for the fun of it, and I got this:

d683348f5a1a974136f41222463f4295.jpg

Is that just a cosmetic effect, since I noticed all of the npc's were wearing party hats, or is there something special to it?

I was grinding some Planteras for the fun of it, and I got this:
<snip>
Is that just a cosmetic effect, since I noticed those npc's were wearing party hats, or is there something special to it?

That means those three NPCs were "naturally" throwing a party. So you just got a party without having to activate it manually, similar to summoning a Goblin Invasion or getting it randomly. :)

Whatt? There is/will a randomizer change!?!?!? Wow, seems I hyped for it more than entire update!

Err, uh, not 100% sure if we are talking about the same thing, but what I meant was that once you've unlocked the World Evil selection feature, you can select "Corruption, Crimson, or Random" when making a new world.

Out of curiosity, are there any plans for the sorting function to be improved? Here's an example:

3d81244cd4.png

I'm not entirely sure how it sorts within categories, but as you can see it doesn't lump the arrows together, and snowballs are also split up. I'd really like it if the sorting function would sort items in a way that "makes sense" other than just simple categories if ever possible. For now I can just manually change it myself, but sometimes when you have a lot of chests that's not very fun. :p

Mind if I can ask how the sort feature works? Does it sort everything into the type of item it is in a random order (so it would randomly sort into lets say blocks, armor, accessories and if pressed again into accessories, blocks armor) or does it just sort them all into a specific order? And would it ever become possible to do Alphabetical sorting or something of the like?

(asking this because I cant currently boot up Terraria until its finished updating)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom