PC 1.3.3 Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree that Sandstorms at the start of the game are completely unfair. With the huge spawn rates and the new Angry Tumbler enemy, it's very possible to get "stuck" in between two deserts until it ends up wearing off, and the movement speed debuff doesn't help at all. When you walk in and get a Tumbler, 2 Swarmers and a Charger and you haven't gotten through much of the game, there's not really much that screams fair about that, since Deserts are everywhere.

This is just in Expert, I don't play Normal so I don't know if the enemies will feel more fair there.

As far as I'm concerned the desert has now FAR exceeded the corruption and jungle. All I need is a spear and the corruption is completely doable. This, I can't last very long at all. The storms were so common and the monsters that spawn in it are at least demon level difficulty. The storm is only made MORE annoying by impeding movement severely. If the wind is blowing at me it could take a whole day to get through, if I didn't die first.
The monsters aren't that bad at least prehardmode, Though you have a point regarding the tumble weeds of doom which are extremely aggressive and tough to kill and could use a nerf (as all the other enemies are old ones just from the underground normally) unless a wind reversal happens it is basically impossible to move across the desert surface level though I have personally been finding the sandstorms too infrequent in my loot hunting though I imagine once I get everything I will probably find the mighty wind a bit annoying as so far only mounts really get through without much impediment.

I have to agree that Sandstorms at the start of the game are completely unfair. With the huge spawn rates and the new Angry Tumbler enemy, it's very possible to get "stuck" in between two deserts until it ends up wearing off, and the movement speed debuff doesn't help at all. When you walk in and get a Tumbler, 2 Swarmers and a Charger and you haven't gotten through much of the game, there's not really much that screams fair about that, since Deserts are everywhere.

This is just in Expert, I don't play Normal so I don't know if the enemies will feel more fair there.
Yeah I can see this primarily on grounds of movement early on the sandstorm might be a bit to brutal to deal with as I find it difficult to tackle without a mount of some type or at least a grappling hook.As an event perhaps sandstorms could require a trigger condition? Say x amount of health and several bosses defeated?

Cross-over action? Somebody say it is cross-reference (and I don't know what correctly it is).

I was think about it before right now. It would be nice if Terraria could be these items:
  • Protectorate Unifor and Flower: because it will nicely remind about Starbound + doesn't look bad. (Flower could vanity accessory so I could dye wig/hair like with Nature Gift)
  • Protectorate Sign or Banner: same reasos as above and for those who don't like wearing vanity item.
EDIT: Not because I like Starbound, because of Tiy a previous spriter of Terraria.
Starbound could get Mythril or Ancient Shadow armor and Tree Statue because he made sprites of them.

Cross-over action? Somebody say it is cross-reference (and I don't know what correctly it is).

I was think about it before right now. It would be nice if Terraria could be these items:
  • Protectorate Unifor and Flower: because it will nicely remind about Starbound + doesn't look bad. (Flower could vanity accessory so I could dye wig/hair like with Nature Gift)
  • Protectorate Sign or Banner: same reasos as above and for those who don't like wearing vanity item.
EDIT: Not because I like Starbound, because of Tiy a previous spriter of Terraria.
Starbound could get Mythril or Ancient Shadow armor and Tree Statue because he made sprites of them.

Loki implied earlier in the thread that it was not a Starbound crossover. :)

When I was reading from SafeMan's post, I was so excited that you guys added new items and events. Then when you guys replenish the desert biome with drip sands and sandstorms with new enemies, i almost cried with a smile and gave this update a 2 round of applaus.

Genuinely, it has been a pleasure hearing from SafeMan. He really saved the day, and I hope all the critics and non-critics will love to see this and then leave a comment on this amazing thread.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Sandstorms do indeed occur pre-Hardmode, along with increased spawn rates and one new enemy.
I have one more question, Leinfors. How does the new distortion effect the underground and cavern biomes? It says that there were distortion effects added to the underground on the wiki, but maybe that's wrong. Correct me if I am mis-informed. Great update by the way!

I have one more question, Leinfors. How does the new distortion effect the underground and cavern biomes? It says that there were distortion effects added to the underground on the wiki, but maybe that's wrong. Correct me if I am mis-informed. Great update by the way!

The Underworld has the same distortion effect.

Right now, there is a bug wherein large sand deposits underground (and during the day) can trigger the desert distortion effect, but that's really just extra desert distortion. The Underground/Cavern is not supposed to have distortion of its own.

EDIT: Lol, that wiki entry is funny. It took the changelog features I wrote, and then added in an extra line that isn't true! I feel like this is slander or something. :p

The Underworld has the same distortion effect.

Right now, there is a bug wherein large sand deposits underground (and during the day) can trigger the desert distortion effect, but that's really just extra desert distortion. The Underground/Cavern is not supposed to have distortion of its own.
Do you plan on fixing this bug in 1.3.3.1? Or will it be held off until the future? Thanks for the clarification!:) I know there are a bunch of smaller visual bugs, will you guys fix those at a later day? For Example, the final update, whenever that may be?

Do you plan on fixing this bug in 1.3.3.1? Or will it be held off until the future? Thanks for the clarification!:) I know there are a bunch of smaller visual bugs, will you guys fix those at a later day? For Example, the final update, whenever that may be?

Its not my call what bugs get fixed and in what order, but its a purely visual bug that has no impact on gameplay, and we are working on much more significant, game impacting issues right now. Mostly I just find and report the bugs. ;)

Its not my call what bugs get fixed and in what order, but its a purely visual bug that has no impact on gameplay, and we are working on much more significant, game impacting issues right now. Mostly I just find and report the bugs. ;)
Awesome, good to know! There are a ton of visual bugs that annoy me slightly, but the game-breaking bugs are certainly more important to fix.

Holy crap! This update is amazing! Also, I got kinda shocked to see the Angry Tumbler enemy get introduced, since a long time ago I had suggested something similar. However since I'm such a small profile I doubt you probably saw it. Nonetheless, I'm glad to see it make an appearance

Okay, so what do i found.
Main issues with World Gen - overlapping generated chunks / structures, "flying" trees and missed walls.

So, i take a few snapshots.

1. Desert/Cave overlap
Capture 2016-09-11 22_00_43.png

2. Flying tree
Capture 2016-09-11 22_01_41.png

3. Missed wall
Capture 2016-09-11 22_11_20.png

4. Small Dungeon entrance overlap
Capture 2016-09-11 22_10_46.png

5. Desert/Jungle overlap
Capture 2016-09-11 22_03_24.png

6. Another tree
Capture 2016-09-11 22_09_36.png

7. Walls...
Capture 2016-09-11 22_15_06.png

8. Tree. Again.
Capture 2016-09-11 22_13_28.png

9. ...that is just wierd
Capture 2016-09-11 22_12_35.png

10. Oh, come on! Really?
Capture 2016-09-11 22_08_33.png

11. Giant tree/Sword shrine overlap
Capture 2016-09-11 22_20_05.png

12. What force holds the middle chunk?
Capture 2016-09-11 22_16_30.png

13. Rails/Abandoned house overlap
Capture 2016-09-11 22_27_02.png

14. Dungeon entrance/Cave chunk overlap.
Capture 2016-09-11 22_24_12.png

15. Overlapping biomes mess
Capture 2016-09-11 22_15_38.png

16. Another Rails/Abandoned house overlap
Capture 2016-09-11 22_28_53.png

So... I screen this using only a few newly generated maps. 2 small, one medium and one large. EACH map contains that wierd stuff. I play Terraria a planty of time, so i know, that things happens sometimes. But since recent update each new map looks terrible. =(

Hello everyone,

We've got our first hotfix for Terraria 1.3.3 below, with a few changes, most importantly, some fixes for the server stability issues, as well as the inventory/quick stack bug. Keep us posted with any continuing issues you have, so we can make sure things are stable and reliable! We are still working on additional fixes, but we wanted to get some of these server fixes out as soon as we could! Below is the list of our changes in 1.3.3.1 (only six more to go, right?!):

• Fixed many cases of net disconnect/multiplayer bugs
  • Fixed inventory items "getting stuck" in multiplayer
  • Fixed death messages only showing player names under certain circumstances
  • Fixed Sky Fracture's sell & reforge costs
  • Fixed stopwatch not showing proper speed when in liquids

You can get the dedicated server file here:
http://terraria.org/server/terraria-server-1331.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom