PC 1.3.3 Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so what do i found.
Main issues with World Gen - overlapping generated chunks / structures, "flying" trees and missed walls.

So, i take a few snapshots.

1. Desert/Cave overlap
View attachment 138846

2. Flying tree
View attachment 138847

3. Missed wall
View attachment 138848

4. Small Dungeon entrance overlap
View attachment 138849

5. Desert/Jungle overlap
View attachment 138850

6. Another tree
View attachment 138851

7. Walls...
View attachment 138852

8. Tree. Again.
View attachment 138853

9. ...that is just wierd
View attachment 138854

10. Oh, come on! Really?
View attachment 138855

11. Giant tree/Sword shrine overlap
View attachment 138856

12. What force holds the middle chunk?
View attachment 138857

13. Rails/Abandoned house overlap
View attachment 138858

14. Dungeon entrance/Cave chunk overlap.
View attachment 138859

15. Overlapping biomes mess
View attachment 138860

16. Another Rails/Abandoned house overlap
View attachment 138861

So... I screen this using only a few newly generated maps. 2 small, one medium and one large. EACH map contains that wierd stuff. I play Terraria a planty of time, so i know, that things happens sometimes. But since recent update each new map looks terrible. =(

#1 Is fine. Adds flavor to the world.
#2 Terraria has always had those, and they're fine.
#3 Again, not really a problem.
#4 The dungeon is ancient, why would dirt covering part of the entrance be a problem?
#5 Not a problem.
#6 Not a problem.
#7 Not a problem.
#8 Not a problem.
#9 Kind of weird but not huge.
#10 Not a problem.
#11 Yeah that could maybe get fixed.
#12 Not a problem.
#13 I guess.
#14 No actually that's what happens when the biomes are transitioning, especially with jungle.
#15 Unless its covering the spot where a chest spawns, that only adds flavor to the game.

World generation anomalies make terraria more fun. Unless it's just plain awful looking, I don't see the issue.

Okay, so what do i found.
Main issues with World Gen - overlapping generated chunks / structures, "flying" trees and missed walls.

So... I screen this using only a few newly generated maps. 2 small, one medium and one large. EACH map contains that wierd stuff. I play Terraria a planty of time, so i know, that things happens sometimes. But since recent update each new map looks terrible. =(

Personally I think it adds a bit of charm. The living branches being cut off is most likely the enchanted shrine mini-biome. With the fourth image with the dungeon is the entrance on the left or the right? Also the Jungle and the desert crossing over, I do not believe that's a bug.

Do i need to create a new world in order to play with the newest content or existing worlds also receive it?

So i need to re-create worlds :|

No, RNGesus indicated the latter, meaning "existing worlds also receive it".

You do not need to create new worlds to experience 100% of 1.3.3 content as long as those worlds were made in 1.3 or later. Anything before 1.3 lacks the underground desert, and some of the content requires the underground desert spawns to access.

No, RNGesus indicated the latter, meaning "existing worlds also receive it".

You do not need to create new worlds to experience 100% of 1.3.3 content as long as those worlds were made in 1.3 or later. Anything before 1.3 lacks the underground desert, and some of the content requires the underground desert spawns to access.

thank you! :)

The Living Flame Dye's effect is glitched. It either shows a red, flashing square around the dyed object or in certain objects, like the wisp summoned by the Wisp in a bottle or the Ankh Shield, turns them completely invisible.

I did notice that, but my error(s) seemed different from the others mentioned, and decided to get it out there just in case. Fingers crossed.
I have a similar bug - i have died in a cave by one of these random pressure plates hooked up to dynamites and got a tombstone saying "Voidstream Explorer /* thats my name btw */ has died to Voidstream Explorer's Copper Pickaxe". (i was using the lShift key so my pickaxe was in my 11th slot when the death happened. Is this an actual bug or intended to happen? (also a mini-bug is that you dont drop gold when you die by these explosion traps)

@SPOOKER-Z, would you be willing to provide your PC specs? We haven't had this issue on our end, even with weaker computers. Maybe there is something we can do. :)

Im running into same problem. Normally game runs perfect 60 FPS without frameskipping or anything, in deserts it drops to ~30 FPS. If I disable background, it returns to normal.

My specs are:
[Operating System]
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
[CPU]
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz
[RAM]
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2
[Graphics]
512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT (Gigabyte)

*opens GOG*

*still sees 1.3.3*

*weeps*
Just checked with the dev staff - 1.3.3.1 was sent to the folks at GOG. It should be live very soon now.

With Steam, the devs can push out updates themselves. On GOG, we have to rely on their staff to push out the updates. Unfortunately that can cause a bit of delay at times.

eta: and just like that, it looks like it's there now. :)

Just checked with the dev staff - 1.3.3.1 was sent to the folks at GOG. It should be live very soon now.

With Steam, the devs can push out updates themselves. On GOG, we have to rely on their staff to push out the updates. Unfortunately that can cause a bit of delay at times.

eta: and just like that, it looks like it's there now. :)

*opens GOG*

*sees 1.3.3.1*

1116.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom