PC 1.3.3 Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new blizzard looks really good, although I truly don't mind the graphics not being so clean in this game. Pixely and rough is ok, and Terraria has always balanced those nicely.

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but does this update include anything that requires a new world to be generated? Based on the change list, it doesn't appear that way, but I could easily be mistaken.

After playing the update for a while, I'm even more disappointed with it. My one wish for this update was that it would add a good mix of pre and post hardmode content. It does not.
  • Sandstone and hardened sand are still useless. (You can't even make sandstone brick with them?!)
  • The mandible blade is garbage, even after getting a buff. Katanas are stronger, and much easier to get. (Katana is my preferred starting weapon to even take on the antlion den, in fact.)
  • Angry Tumblers don't have any drops - they're just a filler mob.
...and, so far as I can tell, that's all that got added pre-hard. Heck, this update didn't even add a new boss to the desert. It made the desert more dangerous at all tiers of play (and congratulations, I do indeed die more often now), but there's absolutely no payoff for putting up with this added difficulty for half of the game!

By far, this has been my least favourite update. I mean, sure, the party update didn't add much in the way of useful content either. At least the bulk of it wasn't gated until late-game, though. At least it made the game more fun, instead of raising the difficulty for the entire game, for rewards you only get halfway in.

At least the bulk of it wasn't gated until late-game, though.
Hard-mode isn't late-game.

EDIT: Anyway, it seems like the Desert is supposed to be a sort-of counterpart to the Snow biome (as evidenced by the Sand Elementals being the Desert's equivalent to Ice Golems, dropping Forbidden Fragments while Ice Golems drop Frost Cores, as well as other things). So, expecting it to have a new boss seems kind of unreasonable, unless you were expecting the Snow biome to have a new boss as well.

Last edited:
Hard-mode isn't late-game.

EDIT: Anyway, it seems like the Desert is supposed to be a sort-of counterpart to the Snow biome (as evidenced by the Sand Elementals being the Desert's equivalent to Ice Golems, dropping Forbidden Fragments while Ice Golems drop Frost Cores, as well as other things). So, expecting it to have a new boss seems kind of unreasonable, unless you were expecting the Snow biome to have a new boss as well.

I am expecting that, actually. The snow biome is still a bit underwhelming as it is. Though, at least it actually has some things for players to get prior to hardmode.

And for the record, while hardmode may only be midgame or so, you are not going to be taking on hardmode sandstorms - the gating element for basically all new gear - until you have made some progress, and then scavenged the underground for ores to get the Adamantite/Titanium for the armour. (Which means you can pretty easily skip the tier entirely, actually.)

There should really be another Halloween update there hasn't been one in awhile.
I disagree, I think the current system that triggers Halloween mode during Halloween has enough content for the amount of time it's available, not to mention the permanent Pumpkin Moon.

Although I obviously wouldn't say no to a new one. :)

Still Pumpkin Moon, m8. It's Post-Plantera, and the weapons (especially the Horseman's Blade) are helpful even during the Lunar Events and the Moon Lord fight.

I am expecting that, actually. The snow biome is still a bit underwhelming as it is. Though, at least it actually has some things for players to get prior to hardmode.

And for the record, while hardmode may only be midgame or so, you are not going to be taking on hardmode sandstorms - the gating element for basically all new gear - until you have made some progress, and then scavenged the underground for ores to get the Adamantite/Titanium for the armour. (Which means you can pretty easily skip the tier entirely, actually.)
In my opinion, the desert is now even harder than the ice biome. I mean, it's probably even harder than the jungle during the storms. The storms happen so often for me that I mostly just ignore half my map. The tumblers are some of the toughest enemies in the desert too. As far as I have seen, it's nothing but a nuisance. I need to deal with it using gear that's better than what I get from it. Sure, you can get the magic+summoning armor in hardmode, but when you move past it, you still have to pick sides again.
Then in that case, I'm good to go. Thanks for the answer!
There is one thing, you wont get sand dripping naturally. There is a new dropper called the sand dropper that naturally spawns in the underground desert.

Hello, the game maker, first thank you for making such a fun game to us, my Chinese friends and I would like to invite you to add skeleton businessmen NPC to our house, I hope you can see our suggestions, you The loyal fans of the game door, but also hope that you add the Chinese language. Thank you. Terrella is very popular in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom