PC 1.3.5 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, after downloading the game update, my terraria cant open anymore, i get this message.

View attachment 166899

Is there some way i can fix this without buying a new graphic card? I have a pretty old pc so i guess thats why, but it was working normally on 1.3.4.4

If theres no way to fix this without buying a graphic card, how do i re-install the older version, 1.3.4.4, unfortunately i made no backups because i was hyped with the update FeelsBadMan.

So uhm, is there a way to get the 1.3.4.4 files? I kind of want to continue my modded playthrough :(

I think i need this aswell.

Is it possible to now run terraria at 4k resolutions and then downsample to my native monitor resolution of 1080p?

That's awesome that there are two knew dev sets! Pretty funny that this update showed up, I kinda forgot about it. :p

@IVT, part of Zoom limitations are that certain aspects of gameplay break if you increase the amount of "game screen" visible at one time. Enemies start spawning on screen, stuff like that. This is not intended to be happening, and its not intentional to be able to zoom out so much that this sort of thing happens. And if you increase your screen/window resolution high enough, the game HAS to "zoom in" a bit for those mechanics to keep up with the increasing resolution. Or at high enough resolutions, zoom in a lot.

Because of servers and other such MP scenarios, we can't force the game to "only spawn them based on your monitor", because it can't juggle that sort of thing in MP, and it could have impacts on gameplay aside from that, even in a single player scenario.

Just some of the reason why the mechanic isn't as fully flexible as you might have preferred.

Yeah thats reasonable, I figured it was possibly a balance thing for MP/Rendering (Overwatch cuts the top and bottom on 21:9 to not give advantages) , but I felt it was worth checking just to make sure. Thanks for the quick reply.

Well... Not to be a party pooper, but the accents still don't blend really well in french. I see the effort, but... it's still a little bit messy.
Isn't there a way to improve Andy on that front, or just use another font altogether??

Initial Console will most likely be 1.3.0.7 tier....but I know they are planning to bring the rest of the 1.3.X series post launch (timing TBD, but ostensibly, this code rewrite should make doing updates from the PC codebase faster and easier than before)....so I would expect to see 1.3.5 eventually, but not immediately.

I thought that said 1.3.7 not 1.3.0.7 :p

Why is my zoom locked at 100% (179%) on 3440x1440? I thought the update had 4k support fully. Looks terrible zoomed in like this.

c5a6a54735ba0470118cf69f38334599.png

Even though I am fine with the game in English, my friends will finally be able to experience the game at its fullest, without cringing at the poor translations from the past.
To me, this is, by far, the best thing you could do for us (no more misunderstanding of the game) AND for you (I'm sure more people will join in, and talk more about the game.)

Guess im stuck , no terraria for me for months then :( Not gonna play another 1200 hours of non modded ..

Mod updates usually don't take that long, unless the mod creator is inactive. Expect days to a week or two, depending on how active they are.

Why is my zoom locked at 100% (179%) on 3440x1440? I thought the update had 4k support fully. Looks terrible zoomed in like this.

c5a6a54735ba0470118cf69f38334599.png

I explained the reasoning behind this in a previous post, you can read it here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/pc-1-3-5-is-live.56657/page-5#post-1311125

Long story short: the game's on-screen resolution is not meant to go above a certain "area shown", no matter how big your monitor is. We are offering support for the monitors to function with the game at that resolution, but the game mechanics themselves are designed around a certain "area shown" being the maximum. Before, monitors at that resolution may not have functioned correctly at all.

Nothing super important, but the Creeper Egg/Flickerwick light pet now looks a lot more pixelated and has some really unappealing flickering/aliasing issues when bobbing up and down in its idle animation when running the game in 1080p or lower resolutions. My video card supports resolution supersampling, and if I try running the game in 4k the flickerwick looks nice and smooth again, just as it did in any resolution in version 1.3.4.

Edit: The same pixelation applies to the Gato Egg and Dragon Egg vanity pets (although the dragon is pretty much motionless so it's less apparent). Basically, it appears to be the same for all the pets from the old one's army invasion event. :eek: All the other pets appear to look just fine, though. Some issue with the 1.3.4 content?

The zoom feature also introduces a lot of shimmering and granulation unless changed in increments of 50% for resolutions 1920x1080 and below. 150% and 200% both look fine, but values in between negatively affect the game's visuals. In 4k, however, it looks fine at virtually any zoom level. There just seems to be many instances of aliasing in this update that didn't exist in prior versions ^_^

Thank you for all your continued work on the game! Minor issues aside, I'm very excited about these neat little additions and improvements to the game, as well as the things hinted at for the future. o_o

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom