PC 1.3.5 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff, even though I have a weird 1440x900 monitor it's still pretty neat to see UI scaling.

(Also, those developer armors are going to be hella popular, nice work.

Yeah. I just feel that making it 'default' to 100%, but allow us to go down to at least 80% would be a good option for anyone.
It would be perfect if the 4K zoom was 0%, FullHD 50%, HD 100% and lower resolutions were up to 200% and we could just control it how we want to :D

Why is the world still the same scale? even on 2560x1440 I can still only see 60 blocks away. I kind of expected the world to scale with the resolution as well, all this does is make the menus smaller. What use is that? Come on, guys, this is basic stuff here. Higher resolution = more of world visible.

Why is the world still the same scale? even on 2560x1440 I can still only see 60 blocks away. I kind of expected the world to scale with the resolution as well, all this does is make the menus smaller. What use is that? Come on, guys, this is basic stuff here. Higher resolution = more of world visible.

Increasing the zoom was not intended to increase the amount of world visible, because this significantly impacts mob spawning and other features in the game.

More visible world was intentionally not the goal here.

This already happen(ed) to some extend on your large screen... however there limitations with the game engine where things break if your field of view is too large (enemy spawning as example)

Increasing the zoom was not intended to increase the amount of world visible, because this significantly impacts mob spawning and other features in the game.

Then what is the use of the new resolutions? All it does is make the inventory/map smaller. May take up less space, sure, but come on. It is not 2010 anymore and your formulas for mob spawning can be adjusted.

https://romsteady.blogspot.ca/2015/06/romterraria-4-released.html

It can absolutely be done, very easily. Formulas can be tweaked etc. The choice is being made not to, and there is no real reason or excuse for it. He's even offered the already-finished code.

I have a small screen... but i can make my field of view only smaller. My friend can see like 6-10 cm more to the sides than i can... could you allow lower resolutions to zoom out till they hit the maximum possible for the engine so everyone can play on an even field?

I will enjoy this update when I get the chance, and I really love Arkhalis's new set, now to try to make an OC.

:(
With 1920x1200 you even see less than before. I will miss seeing mobs dying at my arena ;(

The mob spawning could be same as at 1920x1080, they could 'blob' like growing trees already do. Would be nice if possible (at least at single player).
Nonetheless now it looks better than before.

You also missed to note the most awesome bug fix: Housing seems to work correctly now!
Well done and thank you for responding to bug reports!
My most favourite game change since years! Need to change my signiture :)

If you also would be able to see more blocks in 4k it would also be the most awesome patch so far.

@Techdude594, "the big 5" (I love that term for it, because I know EXACTLY what you mean)

The Underground Cabin painting gen hasn't been touched yet, but my records for it are still open. I insisted on the Dungeon ones being worked on for the time being because Sparky was broken entirely, and there were other Dungeon generation modifications being done. :)

Side-note: I remember spending months farming the Big 5 (minus Sparky) myself back in 1.2 when I was just a regular old Terraria player. Was not fun, so I understand entirely.

Side note 2.0: In the wiki history for Paintings, every time someone tried to add a note about the rarity of the Big 5, it was reverted due to lack of evidence. It was actually true though, they've always been way too rare, for almost four years now!
Alright, thanks for the clarification! Hope it can be addressed in some way in the future! The Big 5 are finally obtainable, and reasonably too! As a collector, warms my heart. :D
Anyways, I have a few more questions: (sorry if I am bombarding you, I just want to know what's up with this new update!)
  • Fixed Terraria thinking it has focus when it did not have focus
  • Fixed a certain exploit
Regarding these two changes, what exactly do they mean?
Also, one last thing, were slope textures changed so that texture packs can edit them more easily? There are some jaggies present when you try to make a 2x2 slope a 1x1 slope. Will you guys be adding texture packs and seeds officially into the game soon?

Congrats on the new patch guys. You guys rock. Can't wait to play a little later. Been kinda busy with Mass Effect: Andromeda, but I have been itching to get back to Terraria a little.

• Fixed Terraria thinking it has focus when it did not have focus

So you know when you have multiple windows, and you have "one window at the front", and its the active window? Sometimes Terraria would "think" it was the active window when it wasn't, and so would behave oddly. For instance, in single player, the game might keep running even though it was supposedly minimized, or other odd issues.

Can't speak for the other one.

Also, one last thing, were slope textures changed so that texture packs can edit them more easily? There are some jaggies present when you try to make a 2x2 slope a 1x1 slope. Will you guys be adding texture packs and seeds officially into the game soon?

Unsure on that, we've been so busy with this update we haven't had time to review other stuff like the experimental features. But hopefully the next one will give us that time to assess! :)

So you know when you have multiple windows, and you have "one window at the front", and its the active window? Sometimes Terraria would "think" it was the active window when it wasn't, and so would behave oddly. For instance, in single player, the game might keep running even though it was supposedly minimized, or other odd issues.

Can't speak for the other one.

Unsure on that, we've been so busy with this update we haven't had time to review other stuff like the experimental features. But hopefully the next one will give us that time to assess! :)
Thanks for the clarification, that is a good fix! Regarding slopes, can't wait to hear more about that! Hmm, you guys must be hiding something, that's fine, a mystery to solve :D

Thanks for the update and the community presence!

So I've played Terraria since release at 1920x1200 without issue, but I'm now being forced into an awkward 111% zoom (to fit 1080 height) that makes everything suuuper jaggy.

Additionally, when played in a window, I am getting the Windows 10 Creator Update stuttering everyone is talking about; this has happened since said Windows Update went live for me.

Any thoughts?

Additionally, when played in a window, I am getting the Windows 10 Creator Update stuttering everyone is talking about; this has happened since said Windows Update went live for me.

The team is looking into this as we speak.

The Win 10 update just came out recently, and as far as I can see, it was relatively unreported until today. None of our team suffers from the problem, so we had no idea it existed until the launch this morning. So its still under investigation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom