PC 1.3.5 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
another reason to put hundreds of hours into terraria? wait it's just a minor patch
oh well, terraria is terraria, soon i'll break 1000 hours on steam alone, and thats just counted from online mode

Is Terraria official finished game content wise or will there be any more major updates with a new gear tier and bosses?

There is no way to "hotfix" mods working - mod creators need to update their mods for the latest codebase. This is known and expected in the current environment. Some day that may change, but that is going to be a large undertaking all its own if so. ;)

You just have to wait for them to catch up once the codebase stabilizes (most of the bigger mods know the deal and are likely already hard at work to do so).

Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Well, this leaves me in quite the pickle. While new updates are always a good thing, I was in the middle of a playthrough with the Thorium Mod, and I launched Terraria without knowing this update was a thing. I assume I won't actually be able to continue my Thorium playthrough until all the mod stuffs gets updated? That really cools my jets. Sadness.

so it was a glitch afterall! ever since i updated to windows 10's creators update i have been getting alot of framedrops on 1080p resolutions i was pretty sure that its not my pc since its not low end and runs almost everything glad to hear the issue has been resolved!
[doublepost=1492655657,1492655198][/doublepost]
Great update! I hope steam workshop support will be implemented in the future.
^ this

Hey, question with the larger resolutions: Does this also provide some form of support for multiple monitors? I don't have a 4k, but I have a 3-monitor display. I'd also like a future option to not have my UI on the secondary monitors. I realize 3 monitors isn't super common, but it's fun to play a game like this with an extended display.

I encountered an interesting bug whenever trying to replace the font files in Terraria. I had no issues with this before 1.3.5, but now, I keep on getting this issue.
---------------------------
Terraria: Error
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Fonts\Item_Stack". File contains Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteFont but trying to load as ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFont.

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.InvokeReader[T](ContentTypeReader reader, Object existingInstance)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObjectInternal[T](Object existingInstance)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObject[T]()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)

at Terraria.Main.OurLoad[T](String path)

at Terraria.Main.LoadFonts()

at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()

at Terraria.Main.ClientInitialize()

at Terraria.Main.Initialize()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)

at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
OK

Woah! Localization update! Finally things like THIS won't be the case anymore:...

localization.png

Which literally translates back to English as:
"Your sister. Thou art one of the best ladies looking this here captain has seen in many of fifteen days!"

I want to know what "Improved Retro lighting consistency" and "Improved visuals on many different things" are.

I can guess the retro lighting is that they made it so some lights aren't invisible in retro (trippy) mode?

And I can only assume that the "improved visuals" are improved sprites?

woo! i can't wait to procrastinate on everything explore the new update!

i need to start playing on online mode, tbh, i've spent 200 hours into the game in offline mode i think lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom