PC 1.3.5 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what I checked on Brazillian portuguese, the translation feels good, but there are some strange typos, like Clear weather referred as "Limpar" when it would be "Claro", or Nebula Arcanum referred as "Arcano de Nébula", when the name could be mantained in portuguese without problems. "Danos mágicos" in the plural didn't need to be like that, it can be written in singular. Nimbus Rod would be better translated as "Cajado Nebuloso" or "Cajado de Nimbus". Worms are referred as "Vermes". The bait, Worms, are better called "Minhocas". Hell, even the Giant Worms could be called "Minhoca Gigante".

It seems I'll have to run an integrity check to go into 1.3.5 and perform a Grammar Nazi mode on the game.

@TerraDream274, I also checked Snow Blocks, which do not appear to have merged with Dirt Blocks for a very long time. 1.3.1 at least, probably much earlier.

@Techdude594, yes actually, the way fonts were handled was changed significantly due to the need to support Chinese and Russian fonts. The method you were using "worked" but was not formally supported, and unfortunately, it no longer works. I'm not aware of a way to do it currently.
Thanks for the response. I hope there is a fix around / a compensation, or perhaps even someone will find out how to make custom sprite fonts work again in the future. It seems that this update significantly changed the way that UI elements work in general, zoom seems to be responsible for it.

I didn't check properly items IDs. Did this update got a Underground Water Fountain?
It has been there in textures in update 1.2. It is kinda sad if it still isnť added yet. I donť like wasting nice sprites like this fountain's.

Nice, nice. I'm loving this update but... I don't think dungeon are meant to look like this.:redspin: Seed is OMGTERRARIA1.3.5LOVE .
I'm just pointing this out, keep up the good work!

Attachments

• Capture 2017-04-20 02_16_14.png
    Capture 2017-04-20 02_16_14.png
    426.3 KB · Views: 1,301
Corruption, expert, small , 1.3.5.1
[doublepost=1492764814,1492764785][/doublepost]Corruption, expert, small , 1.3.5.1
[doublepost=1492764840][/doublepost]
Looks interesting.
World size, difficulty, corruption/crimson? And was it generated in 1.3.5 or 1.3.5.1?
Corruption, expert, small , 1.3.5.1

Reactions: pbq
@TerrariaMod
What type of brick is it when you pickaxe it? My world seemed to have generated same structure, but with regular looking pink brick
Yours kinda looks like a painted gray/red brick. Try using paint scraper on it?
Are you using any texture packs?
P.S. I pickaxed few blocks from my dungeon in the screenshot
edit: Or is it just regular type and color of dungeon brick and I'm just very inexperienced?

Attachments

• Capture 2017-04-21 12_25_58.png
    Capture 2017-04-21 12_25_58.png
    417.5 KB · Views: 335
@TerrariaMod
What type of brick is it when you pickaxe it? My world seemed to have generated same structure, but with regular looking pink brick
Yours kinda looks like a painted gray/red brick. Try using paint scraper on it?
Are you using any texture packs?
P.S. I pickaxed few blocks from my dungeon in the screenshot
edit: Or is it just regular type and color of dungeon brick and I'm just very inexperienced?
Iťs texture pack made by @Hax4Ever a Retro Age texture pack containing old textures from older version of terraria: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/new-age-retro-terraria.51627/

Again cool little update.

Would be nice to have like a 4k guide or faq. Maybe I'm just behind the times, I'm not huge into maximizing resolution and quality but it seems cool. I just don't know anything about it. I've read about a recent new windows update that deals with 4k gaming but I don't know if it's out now or soon to be released. Is it possible to tweak graphic card settings to achieve higher resolutions and have it scaled down to my monitor?

I watched chippy gaming talk about it a little bit but it mainly seemed to be useful for youtubers and to turn the quality up slightly which was hard for me to see in the youtube video.

cool update guys sorry i guessed it was coming in october and kinda argued with safeman but still 4k support sadly I can never afford it unless someone would magically buy me a gaming setup
[doublepost=1492806047,1492805931][/doublepost]but an update still will come with gamepad support when its actually a thing

Good afternoon again everyone!

Another list of fixes, and a small pair of features are going live in our 2nd hotfix for 1.3.5!

1.3.5.2 Hotfix
Features:
  • Town NPCs now have a golden frame over their room banner if the player specifically assigned it for them
  • Improved visuals on a few things

Fixes:
  • Switched to an easier to read font for Chinese
  • Fixed faults for Chinese input on Mac OS X
  • Fixed unintended forced zoom for 16x10 resolutions
  • Fixed Ghastly Glaive not damaging any enemies
  • Fixed some sliders missing sound on hover
  • Fixed crash when a hardcore player dies
  • Fixed player's breath meter moving unexpectedly when using Binoculars, Sniper Scopes, or Zoom
  • Fixed certain item slot interactions not functioning when gamepad instructions are disabled
  • Fixed Shrimpy Truffle's mount not allowing the player's head to touch the ceiling
  • Fixed fresh installations of the game showing an inappropriately sized language selection menu
  • Fixed Town NPCs attempts to return to their room not being as successful as they should be
index.php

We're currently looking closely at a few other bugs, some from before the update, and some more recent, so that will be our short term focus in the near future.

Review of your feedback on the new translations is proceeding, and we are about ready to start incorporating some of the changes already. We'll continue to monitor your suggestions moving forward!

As usual, if needed, you can update your server files to 1.3.5.2 by following the link below:
http://terraria.org/server/terraria-server-1352.zip

I didn't check properly items IDs. Did this update got a Underground Water Fountain?
It has been there in textures in update 1.2. It is kinda sad if it still isnť added yet. I donť like wasting nice sprites like this fountain's.
Underground water fountain? Can you please post the image? I am aware of some statues added in 1.3.2, no idea if they will be added, but I'm quite curious about these!

@Leinfors , thanks for the hotfix man! What do you guys mean by 'improved visuals?' I'll also have a bug report coming to you guys soon! Loving 1.3.5 (except for broken fonts, but I've got in under control with @Kiddles

Generally "improved visuals" refers to sprite updates via @Lazure. Sometimes they are complete overhauls, sometimes they are outline recolors to improve consistency.

I know in this one, he made some adjustments to the Parrot sprite, for instance, but I don't know what else exactly. Oh, and of course, the new Housing Banners!

Underground water fountain? Can you please post the image? I am aware of some statues added in 1.3.2, no idea if they will be added, but I'm quite curious about these!

@Leinfors , thanks for the hotfix man! What do you guys mean by 'improved visuals?' I'll also have a bug report coming to you guys soon! Loving 1.3.5 (except for broken fonts, but I've got in under control with @Kiddles
I think I saw you giving me a like on Cenx's profile about that unobtainable fountain. Wiki have a GIF images.

Good afternoon again everyone!
  • Fixed unintended forced zoom for 16x10 resolutions
Now they can see mobs spawning below player and those with 16:9 can't. Unfair :(

Can you add the option (if your resolution is above of 1920x1200) to apply the forced zoom horizontal or vertical? So that in 16:9 you can have the same number of blocks in height as in 16:10. In 16:10 you can have the same number of blocks in with as in 16:9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom