PC 1.3.5 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What pc specs should I have in order to to use the new 4K resolution?
You need a high-end graphics card and a 4K-capable monitor, plus ample power and cooling to support it.

This article might give you useful info: https://www.pcworld.com/article/299...o-know-from-pricing-to-performance-needs.html

The purpose of 4K support in Terraria isn't so that people will upgrade their systems to play the game in 4K, but to support those who already have 4K systems to play "bigger" games, like The Witcher 3 and Battlefield 1.

What specs should I be using to run Terraria at 1440p? Also, why is the zoom locked when going above 1080p? Seems kind of pointless to have resolutions above 1080p if the zoom is locked, but that's just my opinion.

I currently have stuttering issues when running Terraria at 1440p with these specs: R9 380, FX 8350, 8GB DDR3 2133mhz RAM.

What specs should I be using to run Terraria at 1440p? Also, why is the zoom locked when going above 1080p? Seems kind of pointless to have resolutions above 1080p if the zoom is locked, but that's just my opinion.

I currently have stuttering issues when running Terraria at 1440p with these specs: R9 380, FX 8350, 8GB DDR3 2133mhz RAM.
The zoom is locked because Terraria is hard coded to spawn things a certain number of blocks away from the player. If they allowed you to zoom out further then you would see things pop in on your screen. ReLogic doesn't think that looks good, so they limit your view area.

No idea why you're having performance issues.

The zoom is locked because Terraria is hard coded to spawn things a certain number of blocks away from the player. If they allowed you to zoom out further then you would see things pop in on your screen. ReLogic doesn't think that looks good, so they limit your view area.

Almost forgot about that spawning area, forgive me. Though to be fair, I would rather have a larger playing area and could care less about seeing enemies spawn on screen.

Last edited:

I've like.. never had an issue with the screen size being too small. It's always felt way too hard to manage stuff cuz of how large the screen size is imo lol

The Long awaited Journey's End update has arrived for PC at last on both Steam and GOG Store platforms!

Seeing as we're sure you'll want to discuss all the new 1.4 features, we are moving discussion to this Thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom