[PC] Beating Up the Eater of Worlds in Expert Mode.

Try this strategy. Did you find it useful ?

• Yes. Thanks for this guide !

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No. I still have trouble because [Tell why].

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
What about Molitovs? i'm sure that those must absolutely decimate him >.>
Ale all day yay
If I remember right, you need pink gel for molotovs, which is rarr

------------

I know some people manage to deal with the boss by :
facetanking him
But some people have trouble dealing with it even with the melee stuff you guys suggest. Even after the Vile Spit nerf. (although I did the guide BEFORE)
So that's why I'm showing my own way to defeat it (Which worked everytime).

Ale all day yay
If I remember right, you need pink gel for molotovs, which is rarr

------------

I know some people manage to deal with the boss by :
But some people have trouble dealing with it even with the melee stuff you guys suggest. Even after the Vile Spit nerf. (although I did the guide BEFORE)
So that's why I'm showing my own way to defeat it (Which worked everytime).
Pink gel you get in quantities of ~20-30 for a single pinky find, and pinkie isn't SUPER rare, if you have teh slime staff, you probably have enough pink gel to warrent molitovs

Wow, well done on the guide, and thanks. Been struggling with the guy all week. Then found this lying around on the forum xD

-Really helped. Ty.

Small update to include the Waterbolt, as @Snibob said. Thanks a lot !

------------------------------------

There are 3 ways to get mana pots :
-Dungeon
-Buying
-Crafting
You cannot get them from a chest ; you must be mistaken on the item you were thinking about.

Oh Oops I just guessed chests! Just realized with your post on dungeon that I must have picked up a load while looking for a good water bolt :)

Just done EoW earlier. If you have Lucky horseshoe somehow early into game, you can do the same, as with Bunny mount.
Then Queen Bee and Skeletron. BTW. Star cannon is good against Eater of World, too, as the star pierces, it requires Tungsten and better pick for Meteorite, and you can stock stars when bored. You must get 35 gold to minishark, since it's Minishark extension, 1 of 2. (The other is HM Megashark)
Actually 4, if you include crate fishing...

I love how each boss has so many strats to them. And how expert mode removes being able to use many of them. After a major struggle with this boss before looking to this thread I thought of an idea. Can the worm hit me in a wooden box above the surface. No. Can I spam a space gun or grenades from that said box. Yes. Still some of these bosses are a bit too easy LOL. You would expect the expert eater to have projectiles or minions that go through blocks, because of how awesome the worm scarf is!
[doublepost=1483336409,1483336292][/doublepost]Actually now that I thought of it a while ago. I used no armor with this strat. I didn't even get hit once so that didn't matter anyway lol

This is extremely over complex. you way over prepared for that fight. Go to a dungeon early on and get a water bolt. mythical is the best modifier so if you want to make some more worlds untill you get a mythical water bolt from the dungeon. by that I mean the books up at the top of the entrance, just smash them untill you get it. make a big box, put a campfire in. make sure you have atleast tungsten or silver armour. some cooked fish for the well fed buff. an iron skin potion. and lots of mana potions and some health potions. spawn him in dodge and spam water bolt, it will bounce multiple times doing so much damage he will die extremely quickly :p
Exactly. I couldn't understand anything in this guide. I died 4 times and after reading this alternative I beat EoW first try.

There's actually a really easy solution, the damage that EoW segments do is pitiful only 20 damage, in expert mode where every 4 defense reduces damage taken by 3 you can quite easily make the segment do barely any damage, as it turns out eater of worlds barely ever uses vile spit when fought underground... With some reasonable armor a shield of cthulu, an ironskin potion and a regen potion you can pretty much just tank the guy. You don't even need that much health.

Haven't gotten to try this in master mode yet but unless the body segment got a big damage buff to compensate the defense buff in master this will probably still work.

I've yet to defeat EOW in master mode after killing EOC (dunewalking boots are very strong for defeating expertmode+ EOC when they're really going very fast by outpacing them with sand laid across platforms) but i do very much want to start farming drops to move onto the next stage of progression, ill be definitely giving this guide a try. I've always fought them with just grenades and TNT to clear many segments at once.

The quad shotgun is expensive but also worth a look if you don't consider its imbalanced placement (prehardmode shotgun stronger than the boomstick) to be cheating. Else otherwise TNT & grenades with as much luck for critical damage as i can get a hold on, some endurance, ironskin & and a solid set of armor should see any player through their first EOW fight.

Back
Top Bottom