(PC) Does the angler REALLY reward the items for the Fish Finder?

I have gotten every angler reward besides the pocket guide. 117 quests in, still no pocket guide. If anyone on switch has one I will trade.

I don't know if the Switch version is like the PC version or not, but I've found that each character has that one item that the NPC simply will not give, and another item that they give way more than the others.

SO, what you can do.... and it's a good idea to do this anyways, is make another character. Go to the fishing hole with your main, fish up a quest fish, drop it somewhere nearby, and then fish another up. Bring both back to the base, turn one in, stick the other in a chest or something somewhere (but not Piggybank, Safe, etc). Log your 2nd character on, get the fish, and turn it in.

That way you get 2 chances per day instead of one.

I don't know if the Switch version is like the PC version or not, but I've found that each character has that one item that the NPC simply will not give, and another item that they give way more than the others.

SO, what you can do.... and it's a good idea to do this anyways, is make another character. Go to the fishing hole with your main, fish up a quest fish, drop it somewhere nearby, and then fish another up. Bring both back to the base, turn one in, stick the other in a chest or something somewhere (but not Piggybank, Safe, etc). Log your 2nd character on, get the fish, and turn it in.

That way you get 2 chances per day instead of one.
Thanks. I’ll give it a shot. The worst part about it was my friend joined my world, and the first reward he got was the book

I must be REALLY unlucky, because ever since 1.3 came out, 50% of my game has still been fishing for days and days, yet I haven't been able to get any of the new items from him... Not on expert, not on normal : /

Is there some sort of way to raise their drop chance or whatever? I am REALLY desperate to get the angler stuff, as I only miss the fish finder for my cell phone : /
Damnn, only 50 tries???? I’m on almost my 200th and haven’t gotten the freaking sextant. That’s the last ingredient I need for the cell phone and it’s driving me crazy.

Back
Top Bottom