PC PC is getting controller support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plz reply to this thread. Im frustrated i check every 2 seconds if it have alerts
11/9 was an inside job and this post is in danger of getting a lack of content warning so I'm going to finish this off with saying that I'm interested in knowing if there is any word on mod support in general.

Finally! Now I can play the game in low precision mode.

That aside, this is pretty underwhelming considering the fact that there are a number of third party controller software that could do this. Hell, there was even a mod on TO once for this exact thing.

Having tried most of these mods I can safely say they are terrible and make the game even more difficult to play. The only one that even came close to true controller support was the one by Meowmarius which, sadly, has not been updated for 1.3. Having started on the console and moved to the PC version I can say that I prefer keyboard and mouse for building and maybe crafting, however for general stuff (moving around, exploring, fighting enemies/bosses, grappling..ect) the controller is vastly superior. I'm not upset since this likely means they will have controller support for Otherworld and Terraria 2 at the launch date.

Just a helpful hint, for those of you not wanting to buy a controller, an xbox360 controller will work on the PC. If you do not have one you can tweek it so a PS3 controller will work as well. All you need is to download a program called Motionjoy.

(motionjoy has been having some issues lately, if the driver does not install all you have to do is set the date of your PC back to 2014 and it will install. It works...don't know why lol)

Controller Support is gonna be awesome! Maybe with some tweaks it might be possible to use the ol' Gamecube controller with it!

Well, a lot of people are interested on the controller support and wondering about the 360 controller, and playing Terraria with a controller should be awesome!I guess these aren't exciting news for me...
uQdmWU8.png

I'm pretty sure it will be better to play on the keyboard. Maybe better luck next time?
EDIT: What is that white line?

If I cant use my madcatz 360 controller, I will make assumptions about your personal stability.

I shouldn't have to go to gamestapo to buy a new age controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom