PC PC is getting controller support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Devs. I know I've already made mention of this in a previous 1.3.1 thread but I think it's worth repeating. I believe you guys missed a really good opportunity to have a little more interaction with your audience. And I am doubly disappointed because it looked like you were gonna do it but then you simply vanished.

In a previous, months old now, thread you said you had plans for the next update, that it would be centered around mechanics of the game and asked people for ideas of what they would like to see. And then you never followed up on it. At all. This is a case where I believe you should have responded to the audience to show that asking these questions was to be part of a discussion between developer and consumer instead of just keeping everybody busy with something you didn't care about. Ok, it may be harsh to claim you didn't care about your players response... but then again you never acknowledged any of it. If let's say after a month you made a new post saying "these are the most often requested features, we think about half of them will make it in the next patch, wanna guess which ones?" and maybe a month after a post saying "This is our favorite requests from fans" or maybe "these are the strangest request we've seen" you would have given the impression that you cared. Again, maybe you do care, maybe you don't. In the end the important thing is that your audience think you do. And right now... I'm confused about the silence after you ask us a question. I feel like when the weird guy at work asks me a questions, waits for most of the answer but then turns around and leaves without notice.

Now, by the examples of posts I have shown you, you would not even have to give away anything, or at least nothing of note. All you really had to do to make this an interactive experience instead of what we got was simply to follow up on something you started. No need for spoilers or anything, simply reacting to your audience. And you could have made this fun. Instead all I felt was that you left a nice opportunity to interact leave without taking advantage of it.

As a side note, if I wanted to play with an Xbox controller... I'd play on Xbox.
I have to disagree. Re-Logic tends to keep things quiet on purpose because Terraria is an adventure game, and what fun is it if you know everything before playing the update? They just post spoilers quite sparsely to keep it suspenseful. Saying they never followed up on what they said is a bit strange too, because there were plenty of suggestions in that thread that are making it in. It's the same thing as when Redigit came back for 1.2, there was a big thread and plenty of suggestions made it in, but they never announced which ones.

I have to disagree. Re-Logic tends to keep things quiet on purpose because Terraria is an adventure game, and what fun is it if you know everything before playing the update? They just post spoilers quite sparsely to keep it suspenseful. Saying they never followed up on what they said is a bit strange too, because there were plenty of suggestions in that thread that are making it in. It's the same thing as when Redigit came back for 1.2, there was a big thread and plenty of suggestions made it in, but they never announced which ones.
I forgot they did. But still im mad at people that they wanted controllers and when they are going to introduce them they are meh

Not something I'd been expecting, but I'll be glad to see it added. When sitting at a desk the keyboard and mouse are the best way to control Terraria. But sometimes it's easier to have everything hand-held.

Finally! Now I can play the game in low precision mode.

That aside, this is pretty underwhelming considering the fact that there are a number of third party controller software that could do this. Hell, there was even a mod on TO once for this exact thing.

Nice! I wonder what the button layouts will be like...Terraria works just fine on console, but having all these dedicated keys/buttons for mounts, healing and buffs is great.

Finally! Now I can play the game in low precision mode.

That aside, this is pretty underwhelming considering the fact that there are a number of third party controller software that could do this. Hell, there was even a mod on TO once for this exact thing.

Better to have things done on your side and under your control, than having to rely on external software and mods.

I will admit we haven't been as vocal on the forums as of late due to me being pregnant and having a child. I will say we did read the entire thread and will be adding some of the suggestions. I don't feel like we need to point out everything coming so far ahead of time. ..that takes away the fun. We have shown several spoilers though. :)

And besides, Yoraiz0r probably did it better than any mod could :]
...Yoraizor started off as a modder. Respect your elders, young troublemaker.
Better to have things done on your side and under your control, than having to rely on external software and mods.
I guess (Though personally I recommend going out and trying third party stuff to learn how to set things up on your own and then having a handy program to do this across multiple games and whatnot.)

Of course. ITS YORAIZ0R
[DOUBLEPOST=1454089294,1454089175][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry wronk video
10*.
[DOUBLEPOST=1454089386][/DOUBLEPOST]
I will admit we haven't been as vocal on the forums as of late due to me being pregnant and having a child. I will say we did read the entire thread and will be adding some of the suggestions. I don't feel like we need to point out everything coming so far ahead of time. ..that takes away the fun. We have shown several spoilers though. :)
OH MY GOD CENX REPLIED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yrimir working on Re-Logic as T:OW beta tester, so I afraid he won't make vids anymore... :(
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
I really enjoyed his videos...

I forgot they did. But still im mad at people that they wanted controllers and when they are going to introduce them they are meh
I get what you are saying but, how would you know? I mean, this news is only just over an hour old, and not too many people know about this yet. So, how could you already know that people who asked for it are like, "meh." Maybe they are extremely excited like the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom