PC PC is getting controller support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not really hard to detect input. If it only works for ps4 and xbox one controllers, they restricted it to that on purpose.

I am so confused right now...
Steam link does not require a steam machine. Steam link is hardware that streams your gaming computer to your livingroom tv screen. Steam link is typically used with a controller of some sort, like an xbox controller or a steam controller.

If they will not add 360 im going to want my money back and im going to quit terraria.

So the game was fine when there was no controller support, but suddenly you want a refund if a new feature doesn't support an out of date system's hardware?

That isn't even close to reasonable. "Added more things" is not a reason to start becoming more disappointed. These are all free updates. How many hours do you have logged? Are you saying that "not getting 360 support" suddenly means all of that was for nothing, and you feel you deserve all your money back?

I was just kidding. It would just be weird if they wouldn't ad 360 if they added one. And this would be very bad to me and other players that dont have a one or ps4 pad. Somepeople would even rage and rant that we waited soo long for this update, and they didnt ven bother to add 360 support. I mean did everyone just forget about last-gen consoles??

Steam link does not require a steam machine. Steam link is hardware that streams your gaming computer to your livingroom tv screen. Steam link is typically used with a controller of some sort, like an xbox controller or a steam controller.
Ah, so I guess in those situations, it's a lot harder to use a mouse and keyboard...

Aren't 360 and 1 controllers the same though?

They may look the same, but that doesn't mean they have the same hardware. Just means a they mimic a certain style.

Regardless, Xbox One Controllers have updated hardware and firmware inside of them to interact with newer, up to date systems.

So, I actually was expecting more gameplay content instead of controller support which I would never use because I'm already stuck to keyboard & mouse...

But it's nice to see all the people who want it get it, and that will definitely attract more players to the PC version, which will no doubt be very good for all of us.

Great work guys, thank you and good luck fixing future bugs! ;)

I have to disagree. Re-Logic tends to keep things quiet on purpose because Terraria is an adventure game, and what fun is it if you know everything before playing the update? They just post spoilers quite sparsely to keep it suspenseful. Saying they never followed up on what they said is a bit strange too, because there were plenty of suggestions in that thread that are making it in. It's the same thing as when Redigit came back for 1.2, there was a big thread and plenty of suggestions made it in, but they never announced which ones.

You know one of the thing YOU could have done is read a post before disagreeing with it. And what's sad is that you have my quote in your post.

"Now, by the examples of posts I have shown you, you would not even have to give away anything, or at least nothing of note. All you really had to do to make this an interactive experience instead of what we got was simply to follow up on something you started. No need for spoilers or anything, simply reacting to your audience. And you could have made this fun. Instead all I felt was that you left a nice opportunity to interact leave without taking advantage of it."

I specifically said it wasn't about spoiler but about interaction with fans. "Hey these requested features are weird/made us laugh" is not a spoiler. As far as what suggestions will make it in the update I do not know. I don't normally read spoilers for anything (makes it very hard to go on the internet after Star Wars release if you haven't seen it but that's another story). And I'm not bashing the devs for not giving us more info, I respect them for that. Contrary to 99% of the internet, I'd much prefer if every video game company was like Bethesda and worked on their stuff for whatever how long they need and announce it when they get pretty close to release instead of Ubisoft announcing Beyond good and evil two years ago or Bioware doing the same for the next Mass effect.

But in this case, THEY asked fans to interact with them and I think it's a shame and a missed opportunity that they didn't follow up on it. They could have made it fun, have a laugh, make jokes and just interact with this idea they started. It's obviously not the end of the world, but I hope that someone on the dev team will see this and realize that in the future there is a way to interact with your fans in a fun way that is more than spoilers and teasers.

If you are going to moderate a discussion, grab a box of information on your way in.

That information isn't necessarily readily available to us, nor something we are at liberty to share, so please spare us the attitude. Wait until the developers have an answer. Anything else is conjecture until then.

But you know that cenx wont reply? i already asked

@MouseyMouse, they do have other things that they need to take care of. You may be hovering over this thread waiting for a response, but that doesn't mean she is. Give them some time, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom