PC PC is getting controller support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF it doesn't support 360 controllers , then
Using a 360 controller emulator for my ps2 then use an xone controller emulator for my 360 controller which is emulated for my ps2 controller.

Good afternoon Terrarians!

With the launch of 1.3.1 just around the corner we are pleased to announce a new feature coming to Terraria on PC; Controller support!!!

Controller support will include Ps4/Xbox One presets as well as custom support!

Everyone spam your thanks to @Yoraiz0r for this painful addition to the game and @Lazure for providing the assets!
(Also thanks to all our testers behind the scene!)

qgWAhLN.png
What was your inspiration for the design of the moon lord???

How would yoyo's work with a controller?
It'd be kinda difficult since the analogs aren't very sensitive

Last edited:
IF it doesn't support 360 controllers , then
Using a 360 controller emulator for my ps2 then use an xone controller emulator for my 360 controller which is emulated for my ps2 controller.

360 controllers are probably the best ones to use, actually. The general idea is that your controller supports Xinput. Some modern alternate brand gamepads, like the Logitech F310, have a switch on the back to support Xinput as well. PS3/PS4 controllers do have that funky driver that allows you to treat them with Xinput support if you so desire (emulating the 360 pad and such).

Last edited:
Good afternoon Terrarians!

With the launch of 1.3.1 just around the corner we are pleased to announce a new feature coming to Terraria on PC; Controller support!!!

Controller support will include Ps4/Xbox One presets as well as custom support!

Everyone spam your thanks to @Yoraiz0r for this painful addition to the game and @Lazure for providing the assets!
(Also thanks to all our testers behind the scene!)

qgWAhLN.png
Does Xbox 360 controller work aswell

How would yoyo's work with a controller?
It'd be kinda difficult since the analogs aren't very sensitive
On a gamepad there's currently two different modes you can use to control yoyos (or any item, really), I'll explain a bit on each one.
First off, the modes are basically a toggle of smart cursor, so we have "Manual Cursor" and "Smart Cursor" modes.

In Manual Cursor, you control the cursor with a thumbstick, moving at a certain speed around the area the item can be used (so in the case of yoyos, a pretty large range but with precision of where you want it)

Smart cursor is around the same, except it matches the angle of the thumbstick relative to your character (so to speak, it immediately snaps to the edge of use range on left if you push your thumbstick to the left edge, and quickly shifts to the right if you move your thumbstick to the right)

I personally fancy smart cursor mode, but given all you need to do is press the thumbstick to swap between them, it's really a non-issue.

(When the update's up, do give feedback if you find it uncomfortable...or comfortable... or any feedback... really, we want feedback... )

Just a question, will I be able to use standard USB controllers or the support will work only for X360 controllers?

Just a question, will I be able to use standard USB controllers or the support will work only for X360 controllers?

Best results would be if the USB controller in question was compatible with Xinput, or at least had a switch to use that form of input. Older directinput (Dinput) types may have trouble? I don't have any information to be sure.

Best results would be if the USB controller in question was compatible with Xinput, or at least had a switch to use that form of input. Older directinput (Dinput) types may have trouble? I don't have any information to be sure.

I'll discover when I start testing. Thanks for taking your time, @Lazure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom