PC PC is getting controller support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wants this sooooo bad. Is it nearly ready ?
Finally playing on my Linux Media Center PC on the big screen with controller in the uber couch :)

Well! Best news i have heard for a long time ;3

Good thing is that means it will be easier to port to console editions i am sure!? Great news anyhow! :)

Good thing is that means it will be easier to port to console editions i am sure!? Great news anyhow! :)

Not likely. The challenge with implementing features from PC to consoles isn't related to the control scheme.

On wednesday I got this reply from the Terraria Facebook rep: "We haven't chosen a launch date yet, we will announce as soon as it is ready :) Hoping to have it out to you soon"

In other words, no new ETA beyond february.

that picture of moonlord is my new wallpaper
[doublepost=1458020203,1458019870][/doublepost]its way better than my old wallpaper
nbc-fires-donald-trump-after-he-calls-mexicans-rapists-and-drug-runners.jpg

old wallpaper
qgWAhLN.png

new wallpaper. you see why i changed it...

Will there be Xbox 360 controller compatibility

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE it would be jaw-dropping and p.s. I don't have a Xbox 1 remote

P.P.S. if you look at that photo of the moon lord playing with a remote that remote is a Xbox 360 remote because the buttons are yellow, blue, red and green whereas on Xbox 1 the buttons are all black

Last edited:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE it would be jaw-dropping and p.s. I don't have a Xbox 1 remote

P.P.S. if you look at that photo of the moon lord playing with a remote that remote is a Xbox 360 remote because the buttons are yellow, blue, red and green whereas on Xbox 1 the buttons are all black
You know, by controller they probably mean every kind of controller you can plug to your computer...

I wonder if there's support for Steam Controller? It is a little different

You know, by controller they probably mean every kind of controller you can plug to your computer...

I wonder if there's support for Steam Controller? It is a little different

Xbox 360 and steam controllers have been confirmed to work with the new 1.31 update.

I'm hoping for PS4 controller compatibility

It looks like your hope will be working too ;) The way I understand the posts from Re-Logic staff on these forums is that it will support modern controllers and others that can be detected in Microsoft Windows operating system. PS3, PS4, Xbox360, XboxOne, Steam, Wii, and many others. Most likely you may want to remap the buttons to fit your liking. I believe the default will match console mapping, but that may/could change with the final release. @Cenx was replying that the update would include most controllers people have asked about. I'm sure that it's one of the reason for the delay is to get a good compatible release for controller support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom