Other PC User Interface Tweak suggestions

Dandeloreon

Terrarian
I was looking over the 1.3.1 update and found a few User Interface tweaks that would be highly useful.
  • Windowed Mode screen resolution selection - This is probably a Half Bug/Half Suggestion entry. I figure it would be best to place this here since the Option in configuration specifically states "Fullscreen Resolution". I believe it would be extremely useful to add an additional option "Windowed Mode Resolution" that way when someone wants to change the windowed mode screen resolution they can. I personally like the idea of using 1920x1200 for full screen ( I know this is an odd screen resolution, but most users would have 1920x1080 instead), and to then have a windowed mode resolution of 800x600 or 1024x768. Currently the only way to change the windowed mode resolution is to change the full screen resolution to the desired resolution and then to press ALT in conjunction with the Enter/Return key.
    Terraria_Screen_Resolution.jpg

• Allow "Scroll" of screen resoltuions - This may seem like a trivial tweak, but it'll greatly improve usability of this screen. This is because it's an extreme hassle if you want to change between a few resolutions. For Example I may want to use 800x600 for making a few screenshots, but I normally use the max resolution which is 1920x1200 for example when i play the game. This means that I frequently wind up having to scroll through all the options again because they are at completely different sides of the selection menu.
  • Add Reset to Defaults option in the configuration screens - This may not seem like much, but there is times I make a change to some configuration options and I forgot what the default configuration was. This should be setup as individualized to each configuration screen with a global configuration option.
  • Add Map Rename Option to the World Selection Menu - This suggestion makes sense due to the recent adventure map titled "Tales of the Terrarian" featured in the PC 1.3.1 Release thread. This is due to how the map is actually not named correctly in game. It's instead called "Beta Adventure". I believe a lot of users would be especially happy to have the option to rename maps for release. This can be useful in many ways especially if users release multiple versions of their maps.
    Terraria_World_select.jpg

Attachments

• Terraria_Screen_Resolution.jpg
    Terraria_Screen_Resolution.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 221
Back
Top Bottom