PC vs PS4

Zall

Terrarian
Hi I'm new here and currently have Terraria on PC, but I was curious as to if there is a difference between the PS4 and PC version, I know that the PS3 version is much smaller I just didn't know if the next gen version is equal to the PC version or if it still doesn't compare. Thank you

Well, it is still Terraria of course. However though, there are some key differences.

The PC version is in version 1.2.4.1, while Console is in version 1.2.1.2 (technically). That means that features like Fishing, Upside Down slopes, Frostmoon, and other additions are not present.

For a PS3 v PS4 comparison, the amount that you see is indeed, extended, much like the max resolution on the PC version. You can also zoom in more to your character if you need to.

There is no major differences of content between the consoles ports, next-gen or not. All console port is now currently at 1.2.2(-frost moon). PC is currently at 1.2.4.1

Alright thanks, but as far as world sizes and content the PC is superior? I understand that the content will eventually come to the PS4 but just a few updates behind

Alright thanks, but as far as world sizes and content the PC is superior? I understand that the content will eventually come to the PS4 but just a few updates behind
World sizes are all small, medium and large on both PC and consoles, but there's a slight chance that PC is getting larger worlds (We were technically supposed to get larger worlds in the last major update, but it got scrapped).
As for content, PC comes first with "official" content, then consoles.
However, because 505games, it some times takes many months for a PC update to get to the consoles.

So, basically speaking, there aren't really any reasons for anyone to get a console version of the game beside local multiplayer.
There's also some console exclusive content, but it's pretty much the same as games and their special editions: A copy of the game with some stickers and maybe a poster.

I don't own the PS4 version, (i have the xbox 360) but from my experience, the PC version is much more stable and easier to play then the console versions (which should all be the same). The PC version rarely has major glitches that ruins worlds or deletes items, and when glitches do come up they are usually fixed much sooner.

When I saw the title, "PC vs PS4" - I was expecting something along the lines of

internet-fight.gif

I think Pc's are for hardcore gamers, and consoles for casuals, but me, I spent dozens of hours playing The Last Of Us (play it love it live it caress it's disc) on the PS3.

I think Pc's are for hardcore gamers, and consoles for casuals

Wrong. Consoles and PC's are two different types of conveniences. This is even more if you use a laptop, as I adore not even getting out of my bed to dive into some gaming.

Wrong. Consoles and PC's are two different types of conveniences. This is even more if you use a laptop, as I adore not even getting out of my bed to dive into some gaming.
Well I contradicted myself in that statement, as I have put more hours into a console game than any other.

Well, it is still Terraria of course. However though, there are some key differences.

The PC version is in version 1.2.4.1, while Console is in version 1.2.1.2 (technically). That means that features like Fishing, Upside Down slopes, Frostmoon, and other additions are not present.

For a PS3 v PS4 comparison, the amount that you see is indeed, extended, much like the max resolution on the PC version. You can also zoom in more to your character if you need to.

Hello 2014 me, I'm 2016 you, nice to meet you.

i wish that the PS3 had the zoom in and out option because i hate being soooo up close to my character it really feels bad i hope 505 games can find a way to make a option for zoom in and out

Refer to this post, an Engine Dev explains why that is simply not possible, unfortunately:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/let-me-zoom-out.38409/#post-851944

Well, seeing that the console version's catching up, and PC has finally got the huge content update, my answer is, whatever you prefer. They both have ups and downs:

PC Pros:
-Up to date with any content
-Easier to purchase
-Ability to mod/tinker with game files
-Online multiplayer
-Able to change key bindings
PC Cons:
-Lag occurs more often
-Requires Steam, GOG account to play/install (even if you buy the retail copy)

Console Pros:
-Familiar controls
-Smooth gameplay
-Play locally with friends
-Lag/glitch free (if not, it occurs less often)
Console Cons:
-An update or more away from the actual version
-No online multiplayer
-Cannot change controls
(this may not be all the pros and cons, but I couldn't care less on more research)

But in all honest, it depends on what you prefer

Well, seeing that the console version's catching up, and PC has finally got the huge content update, my answer is, whatever you prefer. They both have ups and downs:

PC Pros:
-Up to date with any content
-Easier to purchase
-Ability to mod/tinker with game files
-Online multiplayer
-Able to change key bindings
PC Cons:
-Lag occurs more often
-Requires Steam, GOG account to play/install (even if you buy the retail copy)

Console Pros:
-Familiar controls
-Smooth gameplay
-Play locally with friends
-Lag/glitch free (if not, it occurs less often)
Console Cons:
-An update or more away from the actual version
-No online multiplayer
-Cannot change controls
(this may not be all the pros and cons, but I couldn't care less on more research)

But in all honest, it depends on what you prefer
Don't forget the exclusive console/mobile content, like Ocram..

PC is better the bad part about PC is the lag but they get updates first PS4 has no lag but kinda harder to control and doesnt get updates fast as PC so i vote on PC

Back
Top Bottom