PERFECT 3x5 (4xN) pixel display!

12Me21

Terrarian
(sorry about the crappy video)
I've finally created the perfect 3x5 pixel display!
It's based on my old design, but thanks to the new logic gates (and yellow wires), it can now have unlimited programmable images, with switches that are right next to each other!
llG6glq.png
http://i.imgur.com/06JjzNg.png
nLeraqT.png

Oh, I almost forgot!
It can also be made into a 4xN display pretty easily (but I used 3x5 because it's better for displaying numbers)

Last edited:
http://imgur.com/llG6glq
(sorry about the crappy video)
I've finally created the perfect 3x5 pixel display!
It's based on my old design, but thanks to the new logic gates (and yellow wires), it can now have unlimited programmable images, with switches that are right next to each other!

Oh, I almost forgot!
It can also be made into a 4xN display pretty easily (but I used 3x5 because it's better for displaying numbers)
Think you can do a wiring guide for this?

Your compact, worthy of the term perfect, 4xN display has solved a riddle I've been working on for a long time.

A great realization in screen compactness has been brought about thanks to you:
A torch, gemspark block, or any 2-state mechanism may be covered by multiple wires but still remain independently controllable.

This brings about a new generation of screen compactness that does not require junction boxes.
See the 4xN display here.
See my best (so far) 8xN display here. Note that the input is mean to come from afar and is not meant to be tileable.

However, I'm still curious if there is a way we have yet to find that can extend this to a perfect 8xN display, the kind I'm working on.
Maybe a project thread for the best screen ever (most compact? most pixels? both?) might be a good thing to create.

Anyway, thanks for bringing light to my screen-making.

I really feel that the developers should have made "faded" wires hidden instead. Can't read the wire isolation pics for the life of me.

I really feel that the developers should have made "faded" wires hidden instead. Can't read the wire isolation pics for the life of me.
I agree.
Anyway, I added an image that makes the wires easier to see, hopefully that helps!

The best thing to do to get good images of wires is to use a generic/dark background at Night or in total darkness with the Wires in question set to Bright.

Back
Top Bottom