Switch Performance Issues

jpcalo27

Terrarian
Hi I just updated to the latest patch of Terraria on switch and I've been having some frame rate issues due to lighting. I find that I have to set it on trippy to achieve better frame rate but I was able to play without a problem on color before the update. Would there be a fix for this?

Hi I just updated to the latest patch of Terraria on switch and I've been having some frame rate issues due to lighting. I find that I have to set it on trippy to achieve better frame rate but I was able to play without a problem on color before the update. Would there be a fix for this?
Hi there @jpcalo27, you may have already done this, but exiting completely and doing a restart normally helps. After that if you're still finding performance issues, here is what Loki (from Re-Logic) has said:

"Yeah - I mean, cannot promise that you will never get any choppiness or slowdown at all (depending on how much you are stressing the system) - any more than I could to a PC player on a lower end system, etc.

That said, optimizations will continue to squeeze as much out as possible."

Yeah that's nonsense. The update is, like most of the other big ones, buggy and in need of refinement. it lags from lighting rendering issues. a lot of people are saying the only way to fix it is to start a new world. As for me, switching color to "trippy" fixed most of it.

Yeah that's nonsense. The update is, like most of the other big ones, buggy and in need of refinement. it lags from lighting rendering issues. a lot of people are saying the only way to fix it is to start a new world. As for me, switching color to "trippy" fixed most of it.
Yeah. It was just fine before the 1.4 release. I doubt that the system wouldn't be able to handle it because it was just working fine before.

Back
Top Bottom