Game Mechanics Perhaps a new class and a way to finish Throwers

RushOfCold

Spazmatism
Hey there guys, I just got a new class idea that I wanted to show.

A support class.
Why? Because I feel like it would be useful since there's already team-based items.. like quite a few.

Spectre Healing, Paladin's Shield, Team Dyes, Wormhole Potions, etc.
So why not make a class that can do something similar to what they do, but it can go for the entire gameplay instead of JUST at the end.

Here's how the class would work.

Progression
The Supporter would progress almost identically as the other classes.

Main Role
The Supporter would have items that would support other members of their team, and not only are the team members benefitting, it also benefits the supporter himself.
This is abilities like taking damage for a wounded member, healing another member, giving them buffs, etc.

What It Would be Like
The Supporter would likely have higher defense because it will be doing a lot of things that wouldn't be very wise to do with a very low defense count. Probably equivalent or even higher than a warrior's. Weapons themselves would do things such as grow more powerful in the presence of teammates, you yourself would gain special stats and help out your friends.

How it Works
This is pretty much how it would work. Let's say these players are fighting Moon Lord.
Melee gets severely hurt by a Phantasmal Eye.
Melee gets a Phantasmal Bolt fired at him while the supporter teleports in front of it.
Supporter gifts some health to the melee.
Supporter gifts some defense and exchanges debuffs with melee.
Supporter slightly buffs stats of melee.
Melee kills Moon Lord.
Supporter recovers.
Melee recovers.
The end.

-----------------------------------------------

Now we all know the Thrower class isn't even finished yet. So perhaps we could fix that.
All we could ask for is just a few armor sets, accessories, and throwing weapons. (Preferably not consumable like the pre-hardmode ones)
And it would probably require a new pillar for themselves, so it would probably be a comet pillar, or something similar.
The Supporter could perhaps have something to do with the cultists since they aren't really playing a huge role in the event.

That's it for now, if you have suggestions for this, leave them please!

I have made it fairly clear in the past that I do not support (haha get it) support classes.

Bad jokes aside: Support classes simply do not work in Terraria. The existing support items are few and far in between (Plus the Paladin's Shield is functional without a team and was made to highlight the tankiness of melee and the Wormhole potion isn't support as much as convenience. And team dye just isn't support at all.)

There is almost no situation where one would rather have a support class over literally any other class; players can already sustain themselves fairly well without someone running around healing them. The doubling (give or take) of the combined DPS would be far more valuable than whatever a support could provide.

Also, Terraria is designed around singleplayer. I don't like classes that require a team to function.

Also if you make supporter have higher defense than melee then you'll just see a lot of people using supporter purely for its armor, which makes very little logical sense.

Back
Top Bottom