Permission Denied to view attachments

This doesn't make any sense. I thought just being a member of the forum was enough.

That depends, image viewing permissions are usually based on where the image is uploaded.

If I were to link you an image uploaded to a conversation you're not in, you wouldn't be able to see it either, for instance, regardless if I gave you the link.

That depends, image viewing permissions are usually based on where the image is uploaded.

If I were to link you an image uploaded to a conversation you're not in, you wouldn't be able to see it either, for instance, regardless if I gave you the link.

The conversation is private. However the contents of this here social forum are open to the public, so I don't understand why I need to be a member of the social group just to view attachments.

The conversation is private. However the contents of this here social forum are open to the public, so I don't understand why I need to be a member of the social group just to view attachments.
The permissions of social groups just work that way. They're sort a forum within the larger forum.

eta: as Charmander27 noted - just click the Join button on the T-MEC main page, that's all you need to do.

The permissions of social groups just work that way. They're sort a forum within the larger forum.

eta: as Charmander27 noted - just click the Join button on the T-MEC main page, that's all you need to do.

So it's not possible to apply the "Can View" permission to attachments like you've done with the threads themselves?

Back
Top Bottom