TCF Suggestion Personal Gallery

Realith

Dungeon Spirit
I'd like to suggest a personal gallery for every user in the TCF.

Whether the picture is in a profile post or thread, it would collect into one place somewhere on the users profile.

This excludes private messages because, well, they're private.

Just to clarify, do you mean that whenever you post an image, it is automatically collected in a tab on an user's profile?

My two cents is that that is nigh impossible, as there would have to be an algorithm to check every post to see if it contained an image (including profile posts). And even if that existed, it wouldn't be able to discriminate between art, sprites, reaction gifs or just screenshots, so your gallery could end up showcasing other people's work as yours, or just 'non-art'. My personal opinion is that an art thread is a much more simple and accurate way to showcase your stuff, nor does it require a lot of effort to keep it going.

It's a nice idea, but I highly doubt it could be executed. Still, I'm not an admin, so it's not my call to make.

This isn't going to happen. TCF is meant for discussing Terraria/games related to Re-Logic, not to be a image host.

The vast majority (I would conservatively guess > 95%) of the images posted on this forum aren't the original work of the poster. Why would we want to feature 'galleries' of face-palm memes and anime screenshots? That's what imgur and the like are for - make a gallery there and link it on your profile/in your signature if you want.

Back
Top Bottom