Casual Pet Peeves

The fact that when you sit down in a restaurant a waiter will usually come to you and immediately ask you as to what you would like to drink, before you could possibly have any time to actually consider said choice. I understand that most restaurants have relatively the same selection of beverages, and that perhaps maybe I should have thought of that before I even entered the building, but most places like this don't even have a drink menu so it just leads to some awkward tension.

People who, once their done eating the majority of their food (like ex. some pasta with tomato sauce), will then proceed to lick their dish clean. Admittedly there's probably no harm in doing it since said dish will most likely be going straight to some sink afterwards anyway, but that's just what a pet peeve is I suppose: something about it just irks me.

Warning: My tone gets pretty bad in this, and there might be some things that are bad.

People who think games are stupid even though:

A. They haven't played them/ haven't played them enough

For example: Infinite Warfare. I've bought it and it is a good game. You shouldn't fully judge the game based on the trailer, as it got like, 2 billion dislikes. People who say it sucks probably haven't even freaking played it, or tried to.

Another example: Clash Royale. On what I've said at the complete beginning of this post, this freaking kid in my grade says "That game is so unfair. It's unbalanced. You have to spend all your money to even get started on it." Then we started arguing, and I ended up yelling that he is a freaking idiot, and he IS. Please, if you ever met him you would jump off a bridge. He just freaking sucks at the whole freaking game. But the thing that really gets me is, when we go to lunch (when I get on my phone and go to Clash Royale), he freaking keeps going ON AND ON about how "It is such an unbalanced game." He also has a lisp, sorry to anyone that has one, but it makes it worse. My blood just really boils at how people hate things for no reason.

In fact, my blood is boiling now. If you want me to keep going, ask.

Santa NK1
Misa Amane(Death Note)
The new president
Jessica Sherawat's(Resident Evil)uncovered leg.This has always bothered me during my play through Revelations.
and...
Quick Time Events.One of the most annoying game mechanics to ever be introduced.I don't want to constantly be waiting to push buttons(and fail)during the cutscenes of a game.

For example: Infinite Warfare. I've bought it and it is a good game. You shouldn't fully judge the game based on the trailer, as it got like, 2 billion dislikes. People who say it sucks probably haven't even freaking played it, or tried to.
somewhat relevant: there was a later q&a with some of the developers and one of the questions they were asked was something about the negative response to their game. The dev was very clearly trying to hold back tears.

Rags has a video on it if you'd like to check it out.

Quick Time Events.One of the most annoying game mechanics to ever be introduced.I don't want to constantly be waiting to push buttons(and fail)during the cutscenes of a game.
That really irritates me as well. "Hey! For this important fight will we be using the skills we built up and enjoyed using throughout the game? No, of course not! Here's a glorified reaction time test." I don't even get to enjoy whatever is happening because I have to keep watch for the prompts.

What really makes me mad is unresponsive controls. I don't care if I'm trying to open up a new tab on my phone or fight wielding a fork, when I press a button I better get a response.

That really irritates me as well. "Hey! For this important fight will we be using the skills we built up and enjoyed using throughout the game? No, of course not! Here's a glorified reaction time test." I don't even get to enjoy whatever is happening because I have to keep watch for the prompts.

What really makes me mad is unresponsive controls. I don't care if I'm trying to open up a new tab on my phone or fight wielding a fork, when I press a button I better get a response.
*COUGH* Halo 4 *COUGH*

Seriously, You wait the whole freaking game wondering if and when you get to fight the didact, you finally get to the end and think "Oh YES! THIS WILL BE AN EPIC FIGHT THAT I WILL FAIL 10,000 TIMES BEFORE I FINALLY FIGURE OUT HOW TO BEAT HIM AN- wait, WHAT!? I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO A QUICK TIME EVENT BUTTON THEN!? THAT HASN'T HAPPENED ANYWHERE ELSE IN ANY OF THE 4 GAMES AT ALL! How was I supposed to be prepared for that? Oh, yay, I did it, I pressed 5 buttons and killed the didact, that totally wasn't anti-climactic at all."

You know what else I hate? Squad mechanics, say, Halo 5 has those, and they don't work, at ALL. The only games I have liked with squad mechanics are GoW and L4D, and that's just because GoW is such an awesome game something like NPC squadmates doesn't kill it and L4D should never be played without 3 other actual players.

I also hate it when game trailers hint at a deep story and then fail do tell you anything in the campaign *nudge nudge* (halo 5) *nudge nudge*

I also really dislike when I game franchise has a recurring theme in it, and then all of a sudden one game throws EVERYTHING out the window and makes it a generic shooter JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER CoD AND TITANFALL! GAH WHY IS HALO 5 SO BAD! HALO HAD GREAT SINGLEPLAYER CAMPAIGNS AND A SIMPLE BUT STILL FUN MULTIPLAYER, BUT NOW IT'S GOT LITERALLY THE WORST GAME CAMPAIGN I HAVE EVER PLAYED THROUGH AND A SUPER COMPLEX MULTIPLAYER THAT RUINS THE ENTIRE IDEA OF HALO. THEY EVEN TRIED TO REPLACE CHIEF WITH THIS STUPID SOLDIER NAMED LOCKE, THAT'S ALL THE DEPTH TO HIS CHARACTER! HE FOLLOWS ORDERS! THAT'S IT! Oh, but they brought back firefight! Surely they didn't mess that up right? OH OF COURSE THEY DID! HOW COULD 343 DO ANYTHING RIGHT!? They turn it from awesome survival mode with limitless waves to "Kill these enemies within a time limit or you fail, death? What does that matter, you lose like, 10 seconds, no big deal."

The irony of the entire situation is that before 343 industries even did anything with Halo there was already a prevalent character named after them in the universe, 343 guilty spark (aka the oracle aka the thing that tries to kill you in the first and 3rd halo games). They managed to make Halo 4s campaign pretty good, but they murdered the multiplayer by adding loadouts. And now I just laugh when I think about the gameinformer article I read about halo 5 where the developers said "We're trying to take Halo multiplayer back to it's roots, YEAH RIGHT! This is the farthest thing from the original multiplayer possible!

Sometimes I wonder what was going through their heads when they made Halo 5. Was it "Hmm, well, halo is now ours, and we don't want to live in Bungie's shadow, so we are gonna change the game so much that people will know that 343 makes Halo now, not bungie!" or did they say "Hmm, halo games aren't changing much, and everyone complains about CoD not changing anything, so we will change so much that it's not even really a Halo game anymore! That's sure to keep our fanbase! So, let's change literally everything! Including the design of the world's coolest and most iconic aliens ever The elites! Let's make them look like brutes and make it so that it always looks like their teeth would touch their eyes, that's awesome!"

Went off on a bit of a tangent there but geez 343, were you all on drugs for the entire production of this game?

*COUGH* Halo 4 *COUGH*

Seriously, You wait the whole freaking game wondering if and when you get to fight the didact, you finally get to the end and think "Oh YES! THIS WILL BE AN EPIC FIGHT THAT I WILL FAIL 10,000 TIMES BEFORE I FINALLY FIGURE OUT HOW TO BEAT HIM AN- wait, WHAT!? I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO A QUICK TIME EVENT BUTTON THEN!? THAT HASN'T HAPPENED ANYWHERE ELSE IN ANY OF THE 4 GAMES AT ALL! How was I supposed to be prepared for that? Oh, yay, I did it, I pressed 5 buttons and killed the didact, that totally wasn't anti-climactic at all."

You know what else I hate? Squad mechanics, say, Halo 5 has those, and they don't work, at ALL. The only games I have liked with squad mechanics are GoW and L4D, and that's just because GoW is such an awesome game something like NPC squadmates doesn't kill it and L4D should never be played without 3 other actual players.

I also hate it when game trailers hint at a deep story and then fail do tell you anything in the campaign *nudge nudge* (halo 5) *nudge nudge*

I also really dislike when I game franchise has a recurring theme in it, and then all of a sudden one game throws EVERYTHING out the window and makes it a generic shooter JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER CoD AND TITANFALL! GAH WHY IS HALO 5 SO BAD! HALO HAD GREAT SINGLEPLAYER CAMPAIGNS AND A SIMPLE BUT STILL FUN MULTIPLAYER, BUT NOW IT'S GOT LITERALLY THE WORST GAME CAMPAIGN I HAVE EVER PLAYED THROUGH AND A SUPER COMPLEX MULTIPLAYER THAT RUINS THE ENTIRE IDEA OF HALO. THEY EVEN TRIED TO REPLACE CHIEF WITH THIS STUPID SOLDIER NAMED LOCKE, THAT'S ALL THE DEPTH TO HIS CHARACTER! HE FOLLOWS ORDERS! THAT'S IT! Oh, but they brought back firefight! Surely they didn't mess that up right? OH OF COURSE THEY DID! HOW COULD 343 DO ANYTHING RIGHT!? They turn it from awesome survival mode with limitless waves to "Kill these enemies within a time limit or you fail, death? What does that matter, you lose like, 10 seconds, no big deal."

The irony of the entire situation is that before 343 industries even did anything with Halo there was already a prevalent character named after them in the universe, 343 guilty spark (aka the oracle aka the thing that tries to kill you in the first and 3rd halo games). They managed to make Halo 4s campaign pretty good, but they murdered the multiplayer by adding loadouts. And now I just laugh when I think about the gameinformer article I read about halo 5 where the developers said "We're trying to take Halo multiplayer back to it's roots, YEAH RIGHT! This is the farthest thing from the original multiplayer possible!

Sometimes I wonder what was going through their heads when they made Halo 5. Was it "Hmm, well, halo is now ours, and we don't want to live in Bungie's shadow, so we are gonna change the game so much that people will know that 343 makes Halo now, not bungie!" or did they say "Hmm, halo games aren't changing much, and everyone complains about CoD not changing anything, so we will change so much that it's not even really a Halo game anymore! That's sure to keep our fanbase! So, let's change literally everything! Including the design of the world's coolest and most iconic aliens ever The elites! Let's make them look like brutes and make it so that it always looks like their teeth would touch their eyes, that's awesome!"

Went off on a bit of a tangent there but geez 343, were you all on drugs for the entire production of this game?
I really only play a game because of it's gameplay and overall awesomeness, so Halo 5 wasn't bad for me. Sure, somehow Cortana, who is just made of complete coding tricks, became "alive" from touching a freaking "fountain of youth for A.I's." That's pretty ridiculous.

Even if Cortana found their ship, how could she activate a freaking Ring? Exuberant Witness could just burn her from the universe and take control of the Guardians.

Especially when you try your hardest and it fails in the end.
When I try my hardest it equals out to me being bored without any real competition because everyone sucks, and if I am beaten the game is unbalanced to their favor with having the game longer which means they have unfair items, I'll lose, in certain games. Otherwise, I wish I could find a worthy game to have competition that'll be fun... Like this god dam puzzle

People who go out of their way to ridicule others who are inexperienced / not as knowledgeable.

I see way too much of this nonsense at my workplace. Workplace. As in people are getting paid. People at my work, whose only job consists of bagging groceries and helping out customers. Literally their entire job is just customer service.

And how do most of them act? Like stuck-up little brats. A couple days ago, I had one of them bragging to me about how a customer asked for a product that was right next to them, and how my coworker led them around the store before bringing them right back to where they started, and pointed it out, all while sneering at the customer. They were bragging to me about it. How good it made them feel to ridicule someone. How they were proud of themselves for pissing off a customer, just because the customer couldn't see the item.

Literally their entire job consists of helping out customers, and I have several of them who simply go out of their way to ridicule and humiliate them like that? Their entire goal is to help customers, but once a customer needs help, they put on their most snide, condescending tones in an effort to berate the customer for not knowing? Of course the customer didn't see the product, that's why they asked. "Oh, I'm going to belittle this person because they didn't know what I know. I've worked in this store for 2 years, and I'm going to make fun of them because this is their first time here and they don't know where stuff is!"

They go out of their way to make a mockery of someone, when it'd be easier to just tell them, or at least point them in the right direction? Why get a job in customer service-oriented lines of work if they're clearly not interested in providing good service? Why pretend like their goal is to help them if they're going to act like a complete and utter douchebag about it? And then brag about it to other coworkers, and wear it as a badge of honor? It's like "Congratulations, you made a customer not want to come here anymore. You did it, you completed the exact opposite of your job. You're going to go far in the actual working world, if you either make a spectacle out of upsetting your customers, or begrudgingly help them in a way that makes it clear you don't actually care about helping. Who knows though, maybe you'll make a nice 6 figure job out of being a prat to people."

And then they brag about it...the managers are just as much at fault for not getting rid of these fools. And they're not all kids, either. I have 4 of them who behave like that ranged between 17 and 35 years old. If I had my way, they'd be gone the second they told me they intentionally upset a customer and bragged about it. I never did understand the appeal of expending more energy to cause a scene / ridicule people, than is needed to just help them out sincerely.

"But they won't learn if they're not humiliated publicly--!" The only thing people learn from that is that he's a douche. Yeah, my coworker took them around the aisles and made them feel stupid, and in the end he "helped" them, (Term used as loosely as possible, since he just wasted his time and their time, for no other reason than to make them feel stupid), but what they really learned is that he was a douche and they're probably gonna go shop somewhere else, or ask someone who's not a douche to help them in the future.

I understand lighthearted jokes and stuff, but lighthearted jokes don't generally involve a customer complaining about our lousy customer service, or losing a customer forever because their first impression was ruined by a garbage employee. An employee who cares more about looking cool in front of others, than he does about actually helping, or doing the job he's paid to do. Oh well though. Eventually these workers will get what's coming, though the only downside is those customers might not come back, and our reputation could suffer as a result.

Disney Channel. In SEA, specifically.

I have no idea what is shown in the channel in the other countries, but over here, whoever works at the place think it's a good idea to add completely [r word] shows in.

Firstly, the whole morning (~6-11 AM) is for Disney Junior. And DJ's shows are STUPID. I never liked it even when I were 6, and obviously I absolutely hate that :red:ing channel here. And somehow they still manage to ruined it by adding voice-overs, and on songs too, so 90% of the time, you won't be hearing any music, just people translating the words. Yes, I am aware that Disney Junior shows were made for infants, but why the :red: shows it when THERE IS ALREADY A DISNEY JUNIOR CHANNEL? Why have 2 channels showing the exact same stupid thing?

So that means the afternoon and the evening have non-DJ contents. There are only 5 shows that are good, which is Star & SFOE, Gravity Falls, Phineas & Ferb, Penn Zero, Milo Murphy's Law. Gravity Falls and P&F is nowhere to be seen now, effectively reducing that number to 3. Star is only once per day (13h30-14h), same with PZ (3h30-4h), Milo is only on Fridays. The sitcoms (Stuck in the Middle/KC Undercover/etc) would be good if I can actually watch them. It shows at 22h, which is either be bedtime or the time I'm studying.

So what do they show in other times?
The 7D is on for 1 hour (14h-15h). While it's acceptable even though it's made for younger kids, the voice-overs (AGAIN) ruined it. Then there is Boboiboy, which is fine but sometime it's just cringy as hell (they also tend to ruin Adu du and Probe's voice every season). The Owl and Co. story in a nutshell: an owl, dying of starvation is desperate for some caterpillars, but his :red:ish friends always prevent him from getting his meals (such friend, lol), and in the end the owl is always dismantled in a terrible way. Upin and Ipin... sucks, except for 1 or 2 episodes.

Also Disney, when I ask you to give me more doses Japanese movies, I mean Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle and stuff like that. I didn't mean bring Line Town, Perman and Ninja Hattori. The mangas are fine-ish, but I don't like the animations. The voices always irritate me. Line Town is also a cringefest, so that is a bonus. ( question: what is it with the stupid, dumb boy being bullied and having a crush on a cute girl, then always have someone to help them out with powers mangas?)

And the absolute worst is the fillers, made to fill time to have stuff shows on time. Zombie Dumb (no, it's not a grammar mistake, it's the acutal name) is :red:ing stupid, like all the Disney Junior series. You also know it sucks if the intro is as long as the show itself. Harry and Bunnie is Tom and Jerry having a kid, except that the child was an absolute disgrace. Crumbles Animations also falls into the DJ archetype.

So they decided to add a bunch of not-Disney :red:s in, while the solutions are so easy: add some of the older shows, the one from ~2006. I would love to see Totally Spies, Kim Possible again. And the sitcoms, Wizards of Waverly Places, The Suite Life on Deck, ???. There are so many things they could put in instead of :red:ing Zombie Dumb. They aren't showed for a looong time, slap it in and every kids will think that it is new.

"But Minh, you can watch Cartoon Network, or [insert channel here]!" Cartoon Network is pleagued with voice-overs, and the only other cartoon channel is also an alternative Disney Junior, except with Shreks.

Please, Disney (Asia), dump all stupids :red: on DJ, and add the show time for actually good shows.

Last edited:
Workplace
Speaking of idiots at workplaces, people who go out of their way to extend breaks. In factories(at least, in my country), you get one hour break total per 8 hours. Now, if it was just extending one hour total to 1:05 or even 1:10, I wouldn't really care, but these people often go way above and beyond. 15 mins turn into half an hour. Half an hour extends to an hour. If their work quality is at least sterling, even that might still be acceptable, but their work performance is mediocre at best. I know some of them see their current workplace as a stepping stone, a temporary source of income, but at least pour some effort at keeping face. %:sigh:

Someone that asks me "what's up" every half an hour. I generally don't like small talk all that much, and this is a good example of it. Conversation just for the sake of conversation. Nothing substantial to it at all. I rarely know how to answer the question in the first place but each subsequent iteration just exponentially compounds the growing frustration I feel with the offender. But then after awhile it feels like it might have a purpose after all, but that purpose annoys me even more. That the person feels they have to check in with me every half an hour and know exactly what I'm doing at any given time. This leads to more compounding frustration and thoughts like "it's none of your damn business what's up." I'm just doing my own thing, please leave me alone unless you actually need me for something or want to talk about something more substantial. Small talk is alright in small quantities, even if I don't quite understand it all that well. But if you bombard me with it multiple times a day, that's just going to push me away and make me not want to talk to you.

Back
Top Bottom