Casual Pet Peeves

Automatic pencils that use the eraser as the loading cap for lead. Because there's always that point where the eraser wears down and it becomes impossible to use the stupid pencil at all because you can't take out the eraser to load in more lead...

No no no, the worst is when you leave a mechanical pencil in a hot car for a while. The eraser tend to become something quite similar to glue, while still looking normal. Then you go to erase something, and all you get is this black smudge from hell that absolutely nothing can get rid of.

I HATE the people who are like, "That's gay" or "gay means happy" because i am pro-gay rights, and retain the hatred against those who are like, "I wasn't talking to you, so shut up" (in which case, they should shut up) or "I didn't say gay," because YOU DID!!!!

I also hate when I'm in an argument about religion (I'm atheist and I always like these debates) and I'm like, "You have no proof," and they're like, "Yeah I have proof. The Bible." I'm like really? We have no knowledge of the credibility of the author of the Bible. Also, following the Bible would cause half of the people in the U.S. alone to die! The Bible actually PROVES that "God" is not existent.

Also, following the Bible would cause half of the people in the U.S. alone to die! The Bible actually PROVES that "God" is not existent.
Ans then the next thing is "You're not supposed to take all of it literally", which may be correct, but doesn't really make it that much more credible. I honestly think that most of it should be summarized as "Don't be an :red: to others".

When people say the bible is a fairy tale and act like it's an insult; "All of it is nonsense because it didn't happen!" Never in the whole history of mankind we have made up of the events of a story to facilitate the teaching of a message though metaphor.

It's like saying Red Riding Hood is a croc of crap because anthropomorphic wolves don't exist while the message the story (Either don't talk to strangers or don't let your kid go places alone even if they know where they are going as far as basic interpretations go) sails over them. Whether you agree or disagree with the bible I don't really care, but saying it's meaningless because it didn't happen only tells me you probably don't get much out of books or movies. :dryadtongue:

OR when people try to interpret it (or anything as of that matter) literally. I get really annoyed by people who take metaphors at face value.

I HATE the people who are like, "That's gay" or "gay means happy" because i am pro-gay rights, and retain the hatred against those who are like, "I wasn't talking to you, so shut up" (in which case, they should shut up) or "I didn't say gay," because YOU DID!!!!

I also hate when I'm in an argument about religion (I'm atheist and I always like these debates) and I'm like, "You have no proof," and they're like, "Yeah I have proof. The Bible." I'm like really? We have no knowledge of the credibility of the author of the Bible. Also, following the Bible would cause half of the people in the U.S. alone to die! The Bible actually PROVES that "God" is not existent.

it's literally impossible to prove that either god exists, or that he doesn't. and how would following the bible cause people to die?

it's literally impossible to prove that either god exists, or that he doesn't. and how would following the bible cause people to die?
There are statements in it that tell people to die because they did something, like based on who they love.
Also, it says that slavery is morally correct and we can beat our slaves.
http://godisimaginary.com/i5.htm has 49 more pieces of evidence that God is imaginary, so check that out.
If it doesn't work as a link, just copy & paste it.

There are statements in it that tell people to die because they did something, like based on who they love.
Also, it says that slavery is morally correct and we can beat our slaves.
http://godisimaginary.com/i5.htm has 49 more pieces of evidence that God is imaginary, so check that out.
If it doesn't work as a link, just copy & paste it.

mind quoting those statements and which part of the bible they came from?

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them. [Leviticus, chapter 20]
Is this some sick joke? You are put to death because of the person you love. Isn't that a little insensitive for a "perfect being", who creates people KNOWING THAT THEY (depending on the actual person) WILL DIE AND BE TORTURED FOR THE REST OF TIME or know that they will LIVE A HORRIBLE LIFE (like me, actually) or that they will HATE HIM AND TRY TO PROVE THAT HE IS IMAGINARY (like me).

If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death.
This is just more killing.

Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not commit adultery. [Exodus 20: 13-14]
Did that not seem weird to you? You shall not kill, yet there is tons of violence around the world BECAUSE OF RELIGION!

Slaves, accept the authority of your masters with all difference, not only those who are kind and gentle but also those who are harsh, for it is your credit if, being aware of God, you endure pain while suffering unjustly. (1 Peter 2: 18)
If the slave survives for a day or two, there is no punishment; for the slave is the owner's property. [Exodus, chapter 21]
We already discussed (in the 1860's-70's) that slavery is immoral! You people say that religion gives you morals? Well this just said that you can own a person! A person!!!

Happy shall they be who take your little ones and DASH THEM AGAINST A ROCK! Psalm 137: 9
"You should murder babies, it's really fun," is EXACTLY what is being said here! You people are cruel if you follow this!

Also, look at the link above for even MORE proof FROM THE BIBLE that "God" is just a picture in your heads telling you to kill people, shun and kill people because of who they love, own people and murder babies.

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them. [Leviticus, chapter 20]
Is this some sick joke? You are put to death because of the person you love. Isn't that a little insensitive for a "perfect being", who creates people KNOWING THAT THEY (depending on the actual person) WILL DIE AND BE TORTURED FOR THE REST OF TIME or know that they will LIVE A HORRIBLE LIFE (like me, actually) or that they will HATE HIM AND TRY TO PROVE THAT HE IS IMAGINARY (like me).

If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death.
This is just more killing.

Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not commit adultery. [Exodus 20: 13-14]
Did that not seem weird to you? You shall not kill, yet there is tons of violence around the world BECAUSE OF RELIGION!

Slaves, accept the authority of your masters with all difference, not only those who are kind and gentle but also those who are harsh, for it is your credit if, being aware of God, you endure pain while suffering unjustly. (1 Peter 2: 18)
If the slave survives for a day or two, there is no punishment; for the slave is the owner's property. [Exodus, chapter 21]
We already discussed (in the 1860's-70's) that slavery is immoral! You people say that religion gives you morals? Well this just said that you can own a person! A person!!!

Happy shall they be who take your little ones and DASH THEM AGAINST A ROCK! Psalm 137: 9
"You should murder babies, it's really fun," is EXACTLY what is being said here! You people are cruel if you follow this!

Also, look at the link above for even MORE proof FROM THE BIBLE that "God" is just a picture in your heads telling you to kill people, shun and kill people because of who they love, own people and murder babies.
You should have said this in your own thread. This does not need to turn into a flame war.

I'll try not to make it that.
Let's get over this, and someone else come in with their pet peeves.

AND FINALLY, THE WORST EVER
WHEN PEOPLE USE GOOGLE TO SEARCH BING

Ans then the next thing is "You're not supposed to take all of it literally", which may be correct, but doesn't really make it that much more credible. I honestly think that most of it should be summarized as "Don't be an :red: to others".
unless there wearing mixed fabrics or gay. in which case stone them, stone them all.

I hate when people park in the disabled car park and when you tell them off they try to act like the victim,
why can't they just accept that they're in the wrong and move >.>

Even worse is when people think disabled people need the disabled car park just because its close.

I hate when people park in the disabled car park and when you tell them off they try to act like the victim,
why can't they just accept that they're in the wrong and move >.>

Even worse is when people think disabled people need the disabled car park just because its close.
I have friends and family members with severe lupus, and they are legally allowed to park in handicap spaces as even walking can be extremely difficult and painful for them, and they STILL get crap from people who don't see any wheelchairs and assume they're faking it, and cops who assume likewise.

Maddening.

The lack of acknowledgement of how important sleep is. Some think it's an expendable resource like free time and if you want to be a productive member of society, you will sleep six hours or less a day. And those school commercials that say "A good student is one that stays up until midnight studying to do well on a test." My psychology teacher hates these people. Your memory retention is actually affected on how well you sleep, so all of that cramming will have been for nothing if you got to bed at 2:00 in the morning. One hour of studying across five days will yield much better retention than a 5 hour cram session. Not to mention he also stated that teenagers are supposed to go to bed and wake up later than an adult needs to. I'd kill to have to wake up at 8:30am instead 6:30 to go to school even if it meant getting home at 4:45 in the afternoon.

Hell, I can't find the source that said this so I can't verify it, but I heard that some workplaces in japan allot a half hour for their workers to nap and it increases their productivity throughout the day.

People who blame a product for their lack of skill/knowledge using it.

Idiot: "These tires are :red:, I'm never buying this brand again!"
Me: "They are motocross tires."
Idiot: "Yeah."
Me: "And you use them on pavement."
Idiot: "Well, yeah, so what? Tires should not wear out this fast!"
Me: "I agree that there's a problem here, but the tires are not it."

They'll usually get mad at me instead of using their brain to figure it out. It's okay, it's not me they're really getting mad at, but their own stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom