Casual Pet Peeves

-When two switches are connected to a single light, and someone turns the light on with one switch, and turns it off with the other. I know it's trivial, but it really grinds my gears.
that actually bothers me a lot two i feel like messing with the lights till there all in the off position.

That there's a professor teaching at a university that being male is a disease.

Where did this lunatic buy his PhD?

International cable channels having country-exclusive political advertising. Yes, ESPN, I know the Argentinians are having their "Who's Going To :red: Us Sideways" election soon. Being reminded about it fifty times per commercial break when I'm not from Argentina makes me think you don't quite care about your target audience outside said country.

TL;DR: :red: it, cable channels, stop having political ads if your channel's not about politics.

People who complain on social forums about their pet peeves.

I'm joking

People who complain about every minor problem they have in their life and EXPECT you to listen to their monotonous garbage with 100% attention to detail.

EDIT: People who talk about themselves all the time, and pop music

Last edited:
When games "balance" an ability by making it useless in all of the places you would actually want to use it. Skyrim is really bad about that sort of thing.
  • Invisibility! Cool! Now I can sneak around, kill stuff, and steal things right from under my enemies' noses! Except it wears off the instant you do anything even as simple as opening a door. And anyone that's already spotted you can track you perfectly even if you go invisible again.
  • Master-level spells! You want a massive area-effect spell that can kill or incapacitate everything around you? Sure thing, except it takes so long to charge up that anything worth using it on would've killed you five times over before you got the chance.
  • Illusion spells! Make your foes run in terror, calm down and sheathe their weapons, or turn on their own friends! Except they don't work on anything strong, nor on many of the foes important enough to have a name.
Instead making stuff godly and then sticking a bunch of arbitrary limitations on it after the fact, how about making the effect reasonable to begin with?

• Illusion spells! Make your foes run in terror, calm down and sheathe their weapons, or turn on their own friends! Except they don't work on anything strong, nor on many of the foes important enough to have a name.

Reminds me of the death spell from final fantasy. I can understand bosses and whatnot being immune, but come on, a 35% success rate in addition to pretty much only working on mobs that you can kill easily anyways? What's the point of even having it?

Illusion spells! Make your foes run in terror, calm down and sheathe their weapons, or turn on their own friends! Except they don't work on anything strong, nor on many of the foes important enough to have a name.
It does lead to some horrible moments though. I used it in the dark brotherhood quests a lot. That one where the emperor's cousin was getting married she got killed by her soon to be husband. Ah classic.
Master-level spells! You want a massive area-effect spell that can kill or incapacitate everything around you? Sure thing, except it takes so long to charge up that anything worth using it on would've killed you five times over before you got the chance.
Yeah I know that. They should have at least allowed movement for the ones that don't give you a ray of lightning. You know, so you can move into range with a charged spell.

- False advertisement in games. If you promise me a fighting game experience like I've never seen before, I expect your game to not be "Marvel Versus Capcom but we replaced Marvel and Capcom with lolis and called it a day."

- Steam reviewers who give a "thumbs up" and then write a negative/"funny" review. It's not amusing, it's not smart, and it gives pathetic games a better 'average score' than they deserve. Good job being the problem, guys.

- Steam reviewers who are being paid to give good reviews, or give good reviews just so their e-peen video channel gets noticed. I'm not going to say "go die in a fire," but go die in a fire.

It gets better when you specifically tell the search function "NOT AMV" and everything that appears is an AMV.
Try -AMV. I think that'll work.

Uh...oh I got one. When someone tries to introduce a new tier after the moon lord with the logic of "well what are you supposed to do with the moon lord loot." I wish they'd realize that they run into the exact same problem with their new loot and that they didn't solve anything.

I wish they'd realize that they run into the exact same problem with their new loot and that they didn't solve anything.

This is why we can't have nice endgames.

But yeah, most players seem to have some strange idea that games need to give them infinite content, even if it's just recoloring old recolors again, or adding "Badass" in front of their name. If their solution to having nothing to do is "do more of the same" then they should consider gaming polygamy. It works and is legal.

Steam, and Valve.
The amount of pure, unleaded trash published on it nowadays drives me out of my mind. If I didn't have 200+ games on my account already, I would have stopped using it long ago, simply because of this atrocious lack of quality control from Valve. The fact things like The Slaughtering Grounds are still allowed to be sold shows they simply do not care. Their refund system was just a half-assed, duct tape fix for this.
Not to mention their introduction one of the worst ideas in PC gaming, Early Access. It's idiotic, you should not have to pay for an incomplete product with a vague promise of "it'll be done eventually".
But of course, no one cares because "Valve is so epic HL3 CONFIRMED GABEN LOL".

Steam, and Valve.
The amount of pure, unleaded trash published on it nowadays drives me out of my mind. If I didn't have 200+ games on my account already, I would have stopped using it long ago, simply because of this atrocious lack of quality control from Valve. The fact things like The Slaughtering Grounds are still allowed to be sold shows they simply do not care. Their refund system was just a half-assed, duct tape fix for this.
Not to mention their introduction one of the worst ideas in PC gaming, Early Access. It's idiotic, you should not have to pay for an incomplete product with a vague promise of "it'll be done eventually".
But of course, no one cares because "Valve is so epic HL3 CONFIRMED GABEN LOL".
I haven't been using steam all that much, are there really that many bad games?

I haven't been using steam all that much, are there really that many bad games?
Construction Machines 2014, The Slaughtering Grounds, Spermination, and The Interview are ones I can name off the top of my head, having been subjected to them. But you really don't have to go far to find "DayZ but with minecraft in early access number 1453" or "lewd anime cashgrab number 5,000,000".

Breaking news: 95% of the games released from 1970 to this day are worthless trash. Sturgeon was right.

Steam just makes it easier to notice by having a higher number of games available all in the same place. Percentage doesn't change, but raw numbers make it look worse than everywhere else.

You almost sound like old men who go "back in my day, there weren't as many crimes!" No, grandpa, back in your day, there was no internet, or even TV, so you didn't know about most of the crimes happening around you.

Edit: anyhow, to add a "different" pet peeve: Games on Steam that have screenshots in its store page that don't really show you the game, just the eye candy. Like, for example, a JRPG that just shows you images of girls/guys posing to the camera. An image is worth a thousand teaser videos, guys. Some of us will not bother clicking the teaser videos if the game looks like "Loli Smiling To The Camera Simulator 2016."

Then there's games that speak of deep RPG mechanics, rich story and deep characterization, and then showcase trees, mountains, and deers in their store page. GG, WP.

Complaining about bad quality control and bad games means I'm nostalgia goggling. All right then.

No, you're complaining about a company and a game sales platform as if they were the worst thing ever, when they're just the same that's always been happening. Don't worry, though, 95% of those who complain about Steam don't research about gaming history first.

I didn't say they were unique for being terrible anywhere in my posts, why are you treating me like a :red:?

I didn't say you said they were unique, I said you said they were the worst.

But your last post brings back one of my biggest pet peeves: using mental conditions as an insult.

Back
Top Bottom