Casual Pet Peeves

Something being the worst of its kind is unique.

Whatever, back on topic.

The jars of cheese sauce for chips or whatever else. If you open it once, the lid seals to the jar with force irreproducible by man.

Please do not post disrespectful social slurs.
Weeaboos are my pet peeve, and probably the worst group of people to exist

Attachments

• 12038460_1895004497391655_5802037263136652580_n.jpg
    12038460_1895004497391655_5802037263136652580_n.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 243
Those who say "sorry for bad grammar/spelling, English isn't my first language" after making several mistakes that would be equally glaringly obvious in many other languages (like lack of capitalization, commas being a rare thing, and an evident lack of re-reading of posts, since quotes or parenthesis are left open.)

In short, using "English is not my language" as a crutch/excuse is already bad. Doing so when the mistakes you make are most likely due to laziness, not different languages, is pathetic.

Also, English isn't my first language, please dissect my posts with extreme prejudice and do tell me when I :red: up. Being an ESL is no excuse to not do things right (or at least as right as possible.)

Personal Attacks are never allowed on this forum.
I didn't say they were unique for being terrible anywhere in my posts, why are you treating me like a :red:?
It's best to ignore that guy.

He's got a permanent stick wedged so far up his :red: the only colors he can see are wood-grain.

He's got a permanent stick wedged so far up his :red: the only colors he can see are wood-grain.
lol

Pop Punk. I don't think I need to explain myself further.

People that go to concerts just to watch the performance record through their phone. Why would you pay to go see Rush, for instance, then just disengage yourself from what is going on around you? I don't understand the thought process behind doing this.

lol

Pop Punk. I don't think I need to explain myself further.

People that go to concerts just to watch the performance record through their phone. Why would you pay to go see Rush, for instance, then just disengage yourself from what is going on around you? I don't understand the thought process behind doing this.
Could you give some pop punk example bands? I'm just curious.

Debuffs that require you to stop whatever you're doing and go back to town. I'm not talking about DoT ones, I'm talking about ones that stop you from attacking completely. What an irritating mechanic.

Enemies who inflict debuffs as the first action in each fight. I would like to get through a fight without having the debuff but that seems to be too much to ask.

Instant kill attacks that are impossible to counter. I've been turned into diamond so many times and it never gets less irritating. Sure I can cure it but then they use that ability again.

Irrationally powerful DoT debuffs. 20% of my health per turn is unacceptable. Simple as that.

Debuffs that require you to stop whatever you're doing and go back to town. I'm not talking about DoT ones, I'm talking about ones that stop you from attacking completely. What an irritating mechanic.

Enemies who inflict debuffs as the first action in each fight. I would like to get through a fight without having the debuff but that seems to be too much to ask.

Instant kill attacks that are impossible to counter. I've been turned into diamond so many times and it never gets less irritating. Sure I can cure it but then they use that ability again.

Irrationally powerful DoT debuffs. 20% of my health per turn is unacceptable. Simple as that.
Somehow, I get the felling that there's a specific game that you're talking about...

When political correctness is taken so far that it interferes with ordinary language.

I've been reading a few unrelated blog posts today by someone who feels the use gender-specific pronouns for a non-specific person is somehow offensive. To get around it, they are using "xe" for he/she, and "xir" for his/her. Nobody talks like this. It keeps tripping me up the whole time I'm reading this blog, because my inner monologue just makes a retching noise every time it gets to one of these pronouns.

On a similar note, it bugs me when I hear somebody demand that a common word no longer be used because they find it offensive. The problem with this line of thinking is that the concept behind the word will still exist. All you've done is make bigots switch to a new word, and limit the vocabulary of everyone else.

When media has all these well-thought, hidden details and fandoms are happy to be mostly ignorant of them and instead focus in the obvious stuff that requires no thinking or reasoning.

It also leads to some characters being generally seen as "dumb" or "annoying" without regards of the reasons behind their 'annoying' behavior. Sometimes things hinted at by the plot or even the props around someone's house can leave deep scars, and some people can use sarcasm and bad comedy as shields or as a way to forget what they went through.

As an example: That "dumb girl" in Borderlands The Pre-Sequel, Janey Springs. Her whole backstory sounds like a reference to an old court case, of a mother whose daughter was eaten by dingoes. If you check her old camping site, you'll see a torn teddy bear there, and Janey is writing nursery rhymes - perhaps as a homage to someone she lost? No, fandom, the one Flamey Junior ate wasn't Janey's lover.

Also, she's not thin and "hot" because she's vain. She's been stuck for months in a place surrounded by lava, huge man-eating rock creatures, and bandits. She's starving.

In short, Borderlands' humor is generally "silly" or "dumb" only if you're paying more attention to shooting things than the details. See also, Tiny Tina. "Annoying" and "stupid" unless you really paid attention to her backstory. Girls' got plenty of excuses to be missing a few screws, and her tea party mission was one of the best things in BL2 for me.

PC culture is the cancer of society and is quite literally destroying the UK right now. It's starting to seep into the US at a surprisingly fast rate as well.

Stop the insanity before we all crash and burn.

The word "Ball" always coming out of the context of a general round spherical object (like a Basketball) and becoming the context related to the physical body part in roughly 80% of conversations involving this word.

And having music you used to be able to listen to on Youtube without issue become blocked in your Country that's not Japan. (In regards to Youtube's cursed new Youtube Red Paid Subscription system that has caused this to happen when Monetized Channels don't agree to the new terms & services.)

Back
Top Bottom