Casual Pet Peeves

The difference is that one is an idea barely fleshed out(like someone saying they want this armor and for it to do this and that[without enough explanation], but leave out all the stats, tier, obtain method etc), and the suggester's only counter to people asking for more details is "I'll leave it to them", and the other is a properly fleshed out idea, with maybe one tiny(or big) kink that someone somewhere decides it renders the entire suggestion unworthy for support.

Mind you, I've done more than my fair share of the latter, so I don't think it's that unfair.

On topic, when people deny a suggestion or consider it completely unworthy just because what it suggests can be used as a griefing tool, without even considering its usefulness to non-griefing players.
I was talking about the latter part of the first post, the 'I'll leave a suggestion if they use u rather than you"

When people are in a rush to get ahead of me, and then slow down the moment they're in front. Happens all the time at work, especially when I'm busy. Everyone's in a rush but nobody wants to hurry. Or people that are oblivious to everything else while they're on their cellphone.

Also, when people congest traffic in a parking lot, because they're waiting for someone else to leave a parking space so they can have it. So they wait 3 minutes for someone to leave a parking spot rather than spend 10 seconds finding another, just because the first spot is 30 feet closer. I call them "Pole Position drivers," because they'll go to great lengths just to make sure they have the closest, most optimal parking spot, even if it means holding up traffic for 6 cars behind them for minutes.

A pet peeve of mine are oxymoronic statements like "You are talking too loud, SHUT THE HELL UP" and "You complain too much".

Songs that come without any formatting when you download them. Don't worry, whoever make that song, I'll do all that for you. Totally doesn't waste my time. It quickly adds up when you've got loads of these songs.

Food / snacks that advertise "having a variety of flavors" but don't list the flavors.

Notable examples: 9 layer dip that I bought. I don't know what 3 of those layers are, cause it just says "9 Layer Dip" and then nothing else. Yeah, I could read the ingredient list and try to piece together the layers (Spoilers it didn't really help), but why not just say it right on the front of the container, man? Or am I supposed to know the layers? Is "9 layer dip" that famous?

There also exists 30 flavor jelly bean containers. No flavors are listed. They could be lying to us for all we know. There could only be like 15 flavors max and they're charging you for 15 flavors that you can't even verify exist unless you dump all of them out and try to blindly categorize them by color and flavor, making sure to cleanse your palate between every jelly bean to ensure proper flavor detection. It'd be easier to just tell us what to expect. Do you think I like biting into a very cherry jelly bean and spoiler alerts it's red hot cinnamon and now I'm dead because cinnamon is stupid? No. I don't. List your flavors.

People who put milk in first when making a cup of tea.

When I ask for a cup of tea, I ask for it to taste like tea. Putting the milk in first does not make the milk taste like tea. It does not brew it at all, so you end up with an absolute mess when you're done. Just... don't do that. It isn't good. Make your tea right: Teabag and sugar, water, stir, milk, stir, give it a while (for strength), stir, remove the teabag, drink. Makes a great cuppa nigh every time for me.

People who put milk in first when making a cup of tea.

When I ask for a cup of tea, I ask for it to taste like tea. Putting the milk in first does not make the milk taste like tea. It does not brew it at all, so you end up with an absolute mess when you're done. Just... don't do that. It isn't good. Make your tea right: Teabag and sugar, water, stir, milk, stir, give it a while (for strength), stir, remove the teabag, drink. Makes a great cuppa nigh every time for me.
Personally I just drink Earl Grey instead, which needs no milk.

A pet peeve of mine is when people tend to act like Lacan wannabes telling clinically depressed people or even suicidal people to "Man up" and "Get over it", and it is even worse when they never got a single "no" in their life and live in a sea of happiness, never seeing anyone die but their pets. That's one of the reasons I like Thanatology, the psychological study of Death. Because people seem to react differently in the face of death of themselves or the death of a loved one.

When you're extremely angry dealing with some problem, and somebody tells you what you should have done to prevent it. That doesn't help me right now, does it?! Sure it's useful advice, but save it til some time when I'm not ready to destroy things with my teeth.

There's no one to blame but Shrillix and his legions of fandums. Well, a pet peeve of mine is when people say "This is not real music" because the music in question has no lyrics. Then I say "Well, what about Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, Dvorak, Vivaldi, Tchaikovsky? They didn't do real music?"

When a person steps out of an argument/debate that the other party assumes that person has "given up" or "agreed" with their view. Depending on the type debate it may just mean the other person has gotten tired of debating and decided there's no further value to it.

Then when one Gender complains and rejects about the other Gender in a general sort of way with statements similar to "Ew Boys" "No Girls allowed" "You can't because you're a girl" "Men suck" "Women suck" "Can't trust Men".

Also when one Gender tries to proclaim their Gender as "Superior" with statements like "Boyz Rulez".

One of my biggest pet peeves is power getting cut off for no apparent reason, there is enough voltage and the line isn't damaged, that could only mean that someone cut it off, witch is annoying because i just want to play BlazBlue CPEX/Terraria on my PS4.

Back
Top Bottom