WIP Phantasmal: The Cultists' Wrath

CraftedNightmare Here!

Official Terrarian
This has been a project I've been working on for a while. It may not seem like alot at first, but soon it'll be better after many edits and additions, hopefully. I am open to suggestions, ideas and improvements.

What happens when you take the sun away from a world like Terraria? Well? You get darkness, cults, and soon, destruction...

Dawn

The rising sun glowed through the window, onto the bed. "Aww, I was enjoying the sleep" I said. I got up, realizing I still had that bruise on my leg. It couldn't have been that much of a bruise, but I guess it may look like that from the outside. I looked from the window, seeing the normal forest around us, mountains and the bright sun. Alalia was performing the usual flower smelling, Jeff was helping Martino with getting out his painting gear. Pretty much a day like any other, which was strange since considering yesterday I killed off the Lihzahrd's iconic figure; that Golem thing. Apparently that thing has a connection with, "light". If it did, wouldn't it be, hallowed? I guess it takes a while for some effect to be set in, unlike Hardmode.

I decided to go on and grind some bonehead skeletons in the dungeon, as they yet to drop more weapons I need. Then I realized: I forgot to make an easier path to the dungeon. Arrgh! So I guess this means another trip using my feet. If only I also spent time grinding those dreaded Hallowed Mimics for one of their Blessed Apples. I would be at the dungeon in no time when riding that beauty of a unicorn. Surprisingly, I didn't see much enemies on the path. Of course we had the usual slimes. But when passing over the corruption, not much eaters came out to try and feast on my blood. I guess they realized who's the champion of this world is.

Dusk

Dungeon wasn't really that far off after getting over the dark chasms, so I was glad when I saw it. But something else caught the attention of my eye: A dark figure. Surely it can't be the old man. Didn't he, transform into Cyril, when I defeated Skeletron? Maybe it's a new old man. I mean, there's possibly more people I have to rescue. But, this wasn't the case when I got closer. There was another figure, holding a bow. I got out my trusty blade incase these were hostiles. When I got to the top of the stairs, they weren't hostile. 2 of them were worshipping some sort of tablet. It was glowing, with a fire aura, and a weird face of an octopus. I asked the other figure holding a bow what was going on. No reply. I asked again. No reply still. I tried waving my hand, making a face, poking his shoulder. No replies at all. "I don't think I should bother them" I said to myself. So I gone into the dungeon, ignoring those weirdos.

Midnight

Got a few bones in my pockets, but at least I got a few belts I'll need for that ninja gear. When I got at the entrance, those weirdos were still worshipping the tablet. These guys worship some weird glowing tablet, in blue robes, silent and unaware of anyone; this was enough. I got my blade and decided to decapitate those nerds. Some tried to resist, but their wooden weapons weren't enough. Nothing in their corpses, only emptiness. Infact, a few seconds later, their corpses and robes disappeared. I decided to ignore it, and leave. But before I could go down the stairs, I heard a weird, but spine-chilling voice said "How did you know?". And before I knew it, when I turned my head, I saw a charging pulse flying right at my face

Dawn

I woke up, hoping to expect the sun to glow through the window of my bedroom. But when I woke up, it was dark. I looked out the window, and the sky was filled with darkness. Clouds were colourless, like they were vampires, or corrupted humans. I thought a storm was coming, so I just laid in bed for a little while, trying to recover from last night. I just couldn't stop thinking about that. Those weirdos in robes, that glowing tablet, and that mask-wearing weirdo. What was all that about? Maybe the others could know more.

When I got outside, Sally was all over me, worried, scared, saying I should stay in to recover better. I tried to ask her about those weirdos, but then I just fell asleep.

Dusk

I woke up again, on the same bed. Surprisingly, my bruise disappeared, and I was feeling alot better. But, I don't remember what happened after Sally got me to fall asleep. I looked at the table next to the bed, and I saw a few needles with a liquid. Gah! She must have used some needle that got me to fall asleep. I quietly snuck out, hoping Sally won't do it again. Luckily, she was too busy with Bazdin, as he blew off his leg, again. I saw that Konah, the Witch Doctor was outside, trying to perform some dance. I waited until he ended, and he said "You wanted something?". He's very predictable like that. I took this the opportunity to ask him the question. I can guess that he didn't like the question, because he then dropped his staff. Konah got quiet for a second, then he said "Those robed-people, they are your no buisness". I asked "Why? I saved this world, and now there's people that are in robes worshipping something", and he then tried to swat me away with his staff, saying "Your no buisness!". I just decided to walk away, as I thought he's probably still angry over killing Golem.

I then saw Sally, looking curious. I tried to back off, but she wasn't angry, nor wanting to stab me with the needle again. I then asked her about the robed people, and then she started being, you know, comforting. "Those robed people? Oh, I don't think you need to worry about those". So, I then just went to bed, because I know if I keep on asking, she'll never give me the answer.

Meanwhile...

"Will this ever work?" Erien said. I started thinking he stopped believing. "If you don't think if it will work or not, it'll work. It's very superstitious, and it may not gift the world if we start questioning it's power". Erien accepted it, and continued bowing. I just can't stop thinking about him. How did he know? How did he? And will he try to stop us? Well, he can't, since it took one fireball to knock him out, but still.

I need to keep an eye out for him, incase he tries to foil our plan

Prepare for more chapters to arrive

Last edited:
Chapter 2 is out!!

Dawn

I woke up, hoping to expect the sun to glow through the window of my bedroom. But when I woke up, it was dark. I looked out the window, and the sky was filled with darkness. Clouds were colourless, like they were vampires, or corrupted humans. I thought a storm was coming, so I just laid in bed for a little while, trying to recover from last night. I just couldn't stop thinking about that. Those weirdos in robes, that glowing tablet, and that mask-wearing weirdo. What was all that about? Maybe the others could know more.

When I got outside, Sally was all over me, worried, scared, saying I should stay in to recover better. I tried to ask her about those weirdos, but then I just fell asleep.

Dusk

I woke up again, on the same bed. Surprisingly, my bruise disappeared, and I was feeling alot better. But, I don't remember what happened after Sally got me to fall asleep. I looked at the table next to the bed, and I saw a few needles with a liquid. Gah! She must have used some needle that got me to fall asleep. I quietly snuck out, hoping Sally won't do it again. Luckily, she was too busy with Bazdin, as he blew off his leg, again. I saw that Konah, the Witch Doctor was outside, trying to perform some dance. I waited until he ended, and he said "You wanted something?". He's very predictable like that. I took this the opportunity to ask him the question. I can guess that he didn't like the question, because he then dropped his staff. Konah got quiet for a second, then he said "Those robed-people, they are your no buisness". I asked "Why? I saved this world, and now there's people that are in robes worshipping something", and he then tried to swat me away with his staff, saying "Your no buisness!". I just decided to walk away, as I thought he's probably still angry over killing Golem.

I then saw Sally, looking curious. I tried to back off, but she wasn't angry, nor wanting to stab me with the needle again. I then asked her about the robed people, and then she started being, you know, comforting. "Those robed people? Oh, I don't think you need to worry about those". So, I then just went to bed, because I know if I keep on asking, she'll never give me the answer.

Meanwhile...

"Will this ever work?" Erien said. I started thinking he stopped believing. "If you don't think if it will work or not, it'll work. It's very superstitious, and it may not gift the world if we start questioning it's power". Erien accepted it, and continued bowing. I just can't stop thinking about him. How did he know? How did he? And will he try to stop us? Well, he can't, since it took one fireball to knock him out, but still.

I need to keep an eye out for him, incase he tries to foil our plan

oooh

but how would a fireball knock one out

I am confused

only reason i mention it is because i am a stickler on fire physics

Back
Top Bottom