Console Phasesaber Late Game Upgrade

We need a way to keep upgrading the Phasesaber
Example: Phasesaber Mk.l (Upgrade 1) 50 Meteorite bars +25 damage
Phasesaber Mk.ll (Upgrade 2) 50 Crystal shards +50 damage
Phasesaber Mk.lll (Upgrade 3) 25 Luminite bars +75 damage
Phasesaber Mk.IV (Upgrade 4) 15 of either 1 of the fragments (fragments used affects the damagetype, Example: Vortex fragments = ranged buffs/gear affect it) +100 damage
(Massive material cost is due to the fact that your making it better then the meowmere)
The fragments effect on its damage type are because i think all classes should have a melee weapon, besides its plasma sword, you should have to hit hard to deal serious damage

Last edited:
No thank you, I will not be grinding 999 meteorite bars and 999 crystal shards. The massive material cost does not solve the problem, it makes it boring to get and then its absurd power makes it boring to use. You make 2 problems instead of solving one.

It doesn't shoot projectiles, meowmere does, meowmere can spam thos projectiles and with their length they have the potential of dealing 400 damage.
Most people ik have already grinded that stuff to the tens of thousands.
How would it be boring to use when you are required to actually get up close af yet the meowmere and star wrath aren't boring to use when you dont have to try AT ALL with every boss but Duke Fishrom and moonlord
It would also be damn nesr impossible for alot of people to use it against moonlord
I just dont see your point

It doesn't shoot projectiles, meowmere does, meowmere can spam thos projectiles and with their length they have the potential of dealing 400 damage.
Most people ik have already grinded that stuff to the tens of thousands.
How would it be boring to use when you are required to actually get up close af yet the meowmere and star wrath aren't boring to use when you dont have to try AT ALL with every boss but Duke Fishrom and moonlord
It would also be damn nesr impossible for alot of people to use it against moonlord
I just dont see your point
It might be easy to forget, but you had an MK 2 and 3, not just a post-moonlord section.

Its base damage would be around 300 and likely increased to around 400 but it doesn't spam fast af like the meowmere, the meowmere is capable (last i cheacke) of 3-6 thousand dps because of the projectiles
This phasesaber 1. Doesn't change in swing speed, and 2. Doesn't shott a projectile, therefore according to the standard phasesaber's swing speed its about 2-3 swings a second which means its dps could only go up to 600-900 dps. It is actually quite underpowered campared to most really late game weapons, i just want it to remain a valid choice throughout hardmode on expert
Btw if you didn't at the start of the materials/upgrades it says "Example", those aren't the official materials (or amounts) i would expect if it were officially added

That nobody wants to grind for 999 meteorite bars. Let me do some math for you:
-A meteorite contains about 500 ore. This is enough to make 166 bars with 2 ore left over. It would take an average of 6 meteors to obtain enough bars. A meteor, past the initial meteor (I'm feeling generous, let's say initial 2) which has a 50% chance to spawn after breaking a shadow orb, has a 2% chance of spawning each night. This means the player would have to wait an average of 200 nights to accomplish this in 1 world, how many playthroughs are as a standard. I'll talk luminite later

Edit: Guess who's back, back again? Me!
-The moon lord drops

1. Most people ik have grinded everything to the tens of thousands
2. Do you not save materials? Do you use once you get em?
3. Like i said, it was an EXAMPLE
[doublepost=1567524565,1567524459][/doublepost]Im not expecting those materials or costs to be in the official version (if their is 1), i just want a way for the phasesaber to remain a valid choice

1. Most people ik have grinded everything to the tens of thousands
And yet, most people don't want to grind absurd amounts for a vastly unbalanced sword. It's an overpowered item that overall reduces the enjoyability of the game after you've obtained it.
2. Do you not save materials? Do you use once you get em?
I factored in the materials already obtained. Please read my post to confirm this.
3. Like i said, it was an EXAMPLE
The original post says this nowhere.
The quote has been edited to include my responses.

whoa whoa whoa, stop with the 999 of each material. That is WAY too much for a weapon that is instantly outclassed by a single last prism or stardust dragon or sdmg and is NOT FUN to even bother with.

EXAMPLE: Phasesaber Mk.l (Upgrade 1) 999 Meteorite bars +100 damage
Phasesaber Mk.ll (Upgrade 2) 999 Crystal shards +75 damage
Phasesaber Mk.lll (Upgrade 3) 999 Luminite bars +50 damage
Phasesaber Mk.IV (Upgrade 4) 999 of either 1 of the fragments (fragments used affects the damagetype, Example: Vortex fragments = ranged buffs/gear affect it) +25 damage
(Massive material cost is due to the fact that your making it better then the meowmere)
The fragments effect on its damage type are because i think all classes should have a melee weapon, besides its plasma sword, you should have to hit hard to deal serious damage
THE FIRST WORD OF THE SECOND LINE WAS EXAMPLE
[doublepost=1567525170,1567525056][/doublepost]Guess we may as well remove "Example" from the English language sense nobody wants to read it anyway

THE FIRST WORD OF THE SECOND LINE WAS EXAMPLE
[doublepost=1567525170,1567525056][/doublepost]Guess we may as well remove "Example" from the English language sense nobody wants to read it anyway
I did read it as example, that doesn't change the fact that usually examples in suggestions are what the creator wants it to be, and therefore what the developer will read it as (if they see it.)

Example: Phasesaber Mk.l (Upgrade 1) 100 Meteorite bars +100 damage
Phasesaber Mk.ll (Upgrade 2) 100 Crystal shards +75 damage
Phasesaber Mk.lll (Upgrade 3) 25 Luminite bars +50 damage
Phasesaber Mk.IV (Upgrade 4) 15 of either 1 of the fragments (fragments used affects the damagetype, Example: Vortex fragments = ranged buffs/gear affect it) +25 damage
Yall happy now?

Yall happy now?
It's better, but it's a little op now, I personally don't think that mk I and mk II need to exist, seeing as there's already a phasesaber made from crystals and and a phaseblade made from meteorite, but that's just my opinion and this isn't my suggestion after all.

Mkl-lV aren't te names
A phasesaber is made from meteorite, gems, and crystal shards, wouldn't it be logical for a couple of its upgrade's materials correspond to the original components
[doublepost=1567526153,1567526123][/doublepost]You need 25 luminite tf XD
[doublepost=1567526197][/doublepost]Unless you cheating, you DO need to beat moonlord
[doublepost=1567526229][/doublepost]Oh wait, hol up

Mkl-lV aren't te names
A phasesaber is made from meteorite, gems, and crystal shards, wouldn't it be logical for a couple of its upgrade's materials correspond to the original components
[doublepost=1567526153,1567526123][/doublepost]You need 25 luminite tf XD
You don't list anything aside from meteorite and crystal shards for Mk I and Mk II meaning that they can be obtained at the start of hardmode, you also state that Mk I has +100 damage and Mk II has 75 damage more than Mk I
The reason I haven't been saying "phasesaber Mk I" is because you're smart enough to understand me when I shorten it and I don't feel like typing the full name every single time.

Back
Top Bottom