Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Was playing on a multiplayer server with friends, and we got a Phoenix blaster randomly from either the king or the blue slimes he spawned

It is extremely likely that one of your friends actually dropped this.
Pretty sure it wasn’t, neither of them played the game before, we were playing with class limitations with no melee to stay close to the boss and plant it, we were low on health and pretty far from the boss when it died noticed it as soon as we picked up the boss loot bags

Pretty sure it wasn’t, neither of them played the game before, we were playing with class limitations with no melee to stay close to the boss and plant it, we were low on health and pretty far from the boss when it died noticed it as soon as we picked up the boss loot bags
If they never played the game before, they could have pressed the drop item button

Well . . . I'm looking at the code right now, and Phoenix Blaster literally doesn't even exist in the same section that designates the drops for every single enemy drop in the game.

I've seen items being set incorrectly before, its a mistake that happens, but literally 100% of the drops in the game come from this section of the code, and Phoenix Blaster isn't in it anywhere (being a crafted item). I even checked the special section for "the random junk you can find in slimes", and there is no sign of it there either.

So I can't see this happening by any normal "bug" means.

the slime actually dropped a Phoenix Blaster, I was recording for my YouTube series and this happened, there are no mods or textures.
bug-slime-.gif

Attachments

• bug-slime-.gif
    bug-slime-.gif
    18.9 MB · Views: 43
why post a gif that we cannot pause and stuff, literal pain
this also seems cut off, can we get the full view?

the slime actually dropped a Phoenix Blaster, I was recording for my YouTube series and this happened, there are no mods or textures.
So somehow a slime has spawned with a phoenix blaster item inside it. Never in over a thousand hours of terraria I've seen something like this, which makes me think that it's either some multiplayer-specific bug, or a mod.

In a hypothetic scenario, a slime was supposed to drop a slime staff, but item ID's got messed/mixed up, and somehow ended up dropping a Phoenix Blaster instead.
But the item ID's are not close to similair, so that sounds unlikely.
Seeing that Leinfors already had looked at the code itself, he knows it better than I do.

Seeing it happening twice is quite bizarre though.

Back
Top Bottom