NPCs & Enemies Phoenix boss

what do you think?

• Total voters

Cohloy

Steampunker
So I had an awesome idea for a boss, the phoenix. There would be a small cave-like area underground, called the phoenix nest. A few baby phoenixs would be in there too. The nest would be found randomly underground in corruption/crimson biomes. At the end of the nest there's a phoenix egg, and when you break it the phoenix spawns. It would be fought in a similar fashion to the moon lord (the boss in the background of the screen), shooting fireballs and beams, burning up the arena. When you kill it, it turns to ashes. BUT THEN it comes to life again in its second phase, with much more powerful attacks. When you kill its second phase, as it dies it does one more undodgeable attack that deals 75% of the players max health, so the player must have almost full health at the end of the fight to survive.
Difficulty: between golem and cultist (it's a challenging boss, but optional, so you don't have to kill it to progress)
Drops: I haven't really figured that out yet (maybe a fiery staff that summons a phoenix to fight for you?)

i might add some drop ideas later

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Phoenix Nest is created at World Spawn, wouldn't it be accessible right at the start of the game?
Good point. Maybe golem would drop a "nest key" or something like that, so you would have to use that to unlock it. (The blocks inside of it are unbreakable)

Or you need a certain level pickaxe to mine the egg.
But... Wouldn't mining the egg to summon the boss mean the boss could only be fought once?

Or you need a certain level pickaxe to mine the egg.
But... Wouldn't mining the egg to summon the boss mean the boss could only be fought once?
possibly the egg could respawn after some time.
I also had the idea that the baby phoenixes in the nest could drop "egg fragments" that are used to craft a phoenix egg

Technicly its impossible to make it do 75% of the players hp (im the coder for the mod this is going in btw) so ill just make it do 400 dmg and try to make it pirce df. :confused: also i love the emojis here :D :kingslime: :pumpking: :redmunch: <-- xD

Technicly its impossible to make it do 75% of the players hp (im the coder for the mod this is going in btw) so ill just make it do 400 dmg and try to make it pirce df. :confused: also i love the emojis here :D :kingslime: :pumpking: :redmunch: <-- xD
Well Demon Altars deal a certain amount of the player's health of damage, as does the Rod of Discord is overused

Good point. Maybe golem would drop a "nest key" or something like that, so you would have to use that to unlock it. (The blocks inside of it are unbreakable)

Maybe a picksaw could be required to break the egg? Interesting idea too, I would love to see more added to it

Back
Top Bottom