Game Mechanics "pick block" option for UI

PittGaymer

Terrarian
Minecraft has an option for "pick block" in creative, which automatically generates a max stack of the item you click on. I think this would be helpful if you're building something, get distracted and do something else, removing the items from your inventory, then coming back to that project later. Instead of sorting and rooting through the duplication menu, I think it would be very beneficial to assign a key to duplicating a block you're hovering over, thus, being able to easily replicate what you were working on before. I'd find this VERY helpful during accidental destruction as well, say, fixing an area's aesthetics if someone went willy nilly with the drill containment unit.

How about something like the Grand Design? You could select 5-6 "favorites" blocks from the dupe menu. Then you could select your option in the same manner as the Grand Design except that you would lay one block at a time. OR maybe go crazy and allow you to draw lines of blocks?

Since the mode requires effort for all of these God powers, it could be a drop from the Moonlord.

Edit: This tool would not require inventory of blocks at all. Just carry the tool around.

I like what you're talking about Banmei, but what I'm referring to is you have to see a block to select it. What you're suggesting is like World Edit in Minecraft where you can select and entire area and place blocks in the designated area, which wouldn't be too bad either. It would make NPC motels easier to build, and especially the walkway in the Underground!

I know, two different ideas. It sounded like to me that you don't like fiddling with a large inventory of blocks inbetween builds. I don't either. So I thought if we got rid of the blocks then problem solved right?

Back
Top Bottom